• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I really doubt this one will go anywhere at all, but they have shown their hand.

They have revealed that they will ban all semiauto pistols. All of them except the two or three oddballs that load with stripper clips.
    They have revealed that they will ban almost all semiauto rifles, including .22s , perhaps even the tube feds.

They have revealed that they will ban millions of "ordinary" guns kept by millions of "ordinary" people. Not just "military grade weapons of war," but .22 plinkers and common home defense pistols.

They have shown their hand.

For this not going anywhere, Y'all sure are making a big deal out of it.

Gun owners have only so many taint hairs.

We should be selective when we tie them in knots.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'm not making a big deal of it.
    I'm glad to see them showing their hand like this. Usually they deny intending anything so extreme.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    It's not so much this particular thing going anywhere that has my taint hair in knots. I understand that this isn't going anywhere at least on a national level. I'm just so sick of freaking liberals.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I really doubt this one will go anywhere at all, but they have shown their hand.

They have revealed that they will ban all semiauto pistols. All of them except the two or three oddballs that load with stripper clips.
    They have revealed that they will ban almost all semiauto rifles, including .22s , perhaps even the tube feds.

They have revealed that they will ban millions of "ordinary" guns kept by millions of "ordinary" people. Not just "military grade weapons of war," but .22 plinkers and common home defense pistols.

They have shown their hand.

They want to ban ALL guns.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    They want to ban ALL guns.

Exactly.

But back in the 40s-50s-60s-70s and into the 80s they were all about banning handguns. They never could make much progress there. Then in the 80s they switched to banning "Assault Weapons."

They still only had little progress, but did a little bit better by claiming they only want to ban "Military Grade Assault Weapons." They claim they LOVE the second amendment. They only want a common sense ban on military weapons. That's all.

We know they will nibble here, ban there, leap forward where they can, all the while denying they are doing anything more than enacting common sense. They will ban semi autos. Then they will ban pump and lever guns. Bolt actions are too accurate. They will broaden the definition of "Prohibited person" to include everybody except a small elite. (This is their current thrust, it seems.)

But here they have shown their hand. Not only are semi auto rifles common as dirt, semi- auto pistols have almost entirely replaced revolvers in common use.

They are back to trying to ban pistols! They couldn't make that work and gave up on that a full generation ago, but now they have shown their hand.

This proposal is so extreme, so far beyond their "common sense restrictions on military grade mail order machine guns" that even a Fudd could see it.

This will disappear, but we shouldn't let it. Save the link to this proposal, because next week they will deny they ever proposed restricting Americans to revolvers only. That's what they are proposing.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Great posts, Threeband!

Anti Gun failed MoCo candidate David Trone was recently declaring that he “supports the Second Amendment”,—echoing Frosh—but their “declarations” never emerge except in calls for Gun Control.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    I sent VanDouchbag an email asking if his AWB would ban the good guy used to shoot the bad guy in Texas. Then asked for him to resign.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    But they can correctly say, "We're not taking away your guns."

They'll just wait until you die, then take them from your estate.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    There's a point about this bill everybody seems to have missed here. This bill, as introduced by Cardin and Van H into Congress where it's DoA, is a product of the collective mind of the MD Democratic Party leadership. You can bet an almost exact clone of this will be introduced into MGA this session, and almost certainly passed.

MD has been the D's political proving ground for a lot of bad legislation over the past few of decades that they eventually want to push in other states and nationwide, and this bill will be another shining example.

2ndltsdad

Nov 19, 2014
    Trappe... not Lakeside !
    There's a point about this bill everybody seems to have missed here. This bill, as introduced by Cardin and Van H into Congress where it's DoA, is a product of the collective mind of the MD Democratic Party leadership. You can bet an almost exact clone of this will be introduced into MGA this session, and almost certainly passed.

MD has been the D's political proving ground for a lot of bad legislation over the past few of decades that they eventually want to push in other states and nationwide, and this bill will be another shining example.

BINGO !-

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Please stop with these done-and-done posts.

You all are ceding victories, but we have not yet begun to fight.

Declare your intention to get in this battle, instead of declaring we’ve been rolled over already.

Last edited:

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Please stop with these done-and-done posts.

You all are ceding victories, but we have not yet begun to fight.

Declare you’re intention to get in this battle, instead of declaring we’ve been rolled over already.

Point taken. I hereby retract my "almost certainly be passed" comment and replace it with "they will put a lot of political capital into passing it". Followed by "and we'll fight them every step of the way until they raise a white flag as the final gavel drops at Sine Die."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom