Montgomery County data shows ongoing major challenges with police staffing, recruitment

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wow. That's really depressing.

Well, it's good for the officers involved.

After more than a decade of idiots calling to defund the police, the ever-increasing antagonism toward law enforcement along with support for decriminalisation of "minor" crimes to obscure the severity of the problems, and the revolving-door aspect of coddling the thug class, the officers eligible to GTFO of the force will hang around for an extra year, then be rewarded for their otherwise unappreciated service.

Sucks to be the citizenry, but hey, they're getting what they were told they wanted. Let's see how they like it.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Well, it's good for the officers involved.

After more than a decade of idiots calling to defund the police, the ever-increasing antagonism toward law enforcement along with support for decriminalisation of "minor" crimes to obscure the severity of the problems, and the revolving-door aspect of coddling the thug class, the officers eligible to GTFO of the force will hang around for an extra year, then be rewarded for their otherwise unappreciated service.

Sucks to be the citizenry, but hey, they're getting what they were told they wanted. Let's see how they like it.
    Yup. People voted for it.

It's coming.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yup. People voted for it.

It's coming.

****Haha! Yea, that video never gets old. Hilarious to me as you can almost sense the bewilderment on the part of the dude getting rocks chucked through his windows!... :lol:

Virtue signaling.

toldyouso.jpg

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

The consulting firm, Epic Recruiting, was retained to help find new recruits, and the county is working with state legislators to relax a law that requires a person wishing to be a police officer to have not used marijuana in the past three years “even though it is legal in the state of Maryland,” Madaleno said.

That law reduces the number of applicants, he noted.

“My goal right now, quite simply, is to hire as many recruits as possible, ” said Police Captain Michael Pratt, director of the police’s personnel division.

The police advertise on radio, television and social media. Also, a staff of four sworn officers spend their working hours on recruitment, visiting colleges, community events and other places to talk up the benefits of working for the police department.

Another 160 county officers are trained in recruiting and speak about it when they are in the community, Pratt said.

The county continues to offer a $20,000 signing hiring bonus.

Total disaster.

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Given the current conditions of understaffing, lack of support from the public, from the police hierarchy, and from the county government, systemic lack of respect, and the revolving door of catch and release of the thug classes, how can there be over 160 officers trained in recruitment?

Are they flat-out liars? Most of them would forbid their kids to consider a police career.

Asking for a friend . . .

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Given the current conditions of understaffing, lack of support from the public, from the police hierarchy, and from the county government, systemic lack of respect, and the revolving door of catch and release of the thug classes, how can there be over 160 officers trained in recruitment?

Are they flat-out liars? Most of them would forbid their kids to consider a police career.

Asking for a friend . . .

@spoon059

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Wild guess :

100 of them have a sticker on their cruiser , and let it go at that .

30 of them , if directly asked , will give factual answers about job requirements , benefits , etc .

30 of them will schmooze , figuring that racking up Referrals will help their next promotion .

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Wild guess :

100 of them have a sticker on their cruiser , and let it go at that .

30 of them , if directly asked , will give factual answers about job requirements , benefits , etc .

30 of them will schmooze , figuring that racking up Referrals will help their next promotion .

IIRC, MoCo PD has their website address on their marked cars.

This department is in real trouble.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****Yea... The whole point of Easter is about Jesus.... and not just that Bunny with his chocolate eggs, hopping around holding them all in a basket... :sad20:

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I'm a decentralized recruiter. I refuse to recruit.
    I'm also a decentralized mentor for early hire officers, to be a liason and help them prepare for the academy and career. I don't do that either.

I understand what they want from me, and I cannot do it.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I'm a decentralized recruiter. I refuse to recruit.
    I'm also a decentralized mentor for early hire officers, to be a liason and help them prepare for the academy and career. I don't do that either.

I understand what they want from me, and I cannot do it.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Will this ever get better?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I'm sure eventually the pendulum will swing back, but the liberals have made it exceptionally difficult. They codified a lot of stuff into law that is anti-police. Officers have lost due process rights in Maryland. Officers have lost the protection of Supreme Court rulings on use of force.

Even when public support eventually returns, it's going to require changing kneejerk laws that were idiotically passed and place onerous burdons on the street cop.

I can assure you that it won't get better in the time I have left in this career. I can assure you that I actively discourage people from law enforcement in general, law enforcement in Maryland if possible and law enforcement in Montgomery County specifically.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Interesting family dynamic...very progressive!
    Can you believe not one went to prison? :lol2:

The only two that went to college did so at a Seminary.

Of those two, one was a Nun and school principle the other dropped out and became a city councilman. :)

My father was a draftsman/engineer. His brothers were either food service managers/caterers or worked for Chrysler or GM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom