• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I like the .357 idea!

But I'd be in for the .22 M&P or the 1911.

Either way I wish I had gotten in the 1911 grips a while back.

Thanks Spot!

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I'd be in on an engraved starter 1911 like an RIA...engraving should be on the slide, not the grips, so we can change them out per our preference.

...don't like .22s though

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    A lot of us already own a 1911, I'm not familiar with all of the Manufactures, are all of the Grips interchangeable? if so perhaps we could just order a set of Grips?

That would work for all of us that already own a 1911 and give all others a chance to order a 1911 of their financial ability from $400 to $1,000 plus range.

Ed

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I would be interested if it is not too expensive. Being unemployed, I have to be frugal. My next 1911 is already picked out and I am picky about guns that cost more than a few hundred $.
    I like the idea of the M&P .22. Although I could use another revolver, and I would not mind another Sig, but the money will be the deciding factor.

Braddbdl

Fed up Libertarian
    Mar 30, 2010
    Oviedo, FL
    I'm in! I've been looking at 1911s anyway, so my vote would be there so long as we get a decent base model to upgrade from. Or the M&P 22 for cost effectiveness.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    On another forum some folks have posted about trying to get specially marked 1911s for their military units. Post deployment guns, with unit name and dates. The only maker who would respond was Para USA.

Spot77 mentioned a $400-$500 gun. What SIG is in that price range? The last price quote for a RIA Tactical was $500 before sales tax.

are all of the Grips interchangeable?

The grips on Government and true Commander sized guns are the same. The difference is if you have a single safety or ambidextrous safety. Most ambi grips, on the right panel, are cut for the ambi safety. Officer model guns have a smaller grip, so they use different panels.

zebramochaman

May 3, 2009
    Damascus, MD
    I own more than a few Sidearms/Rifles. What I do not own is a "Safe Queen". If I own a gun, I am going to shoot it. Maybe after I mature my accumulation, if I buy a gun that is historically significant, it would be a "Safe Queen". Currently, I do not buy "Safe Queens".
    I'm in the sport to experience shooting all calibers with a high degree of accuracy. Currently, I have no desire to own a gun that will just sit in the safe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom