• ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Michael Smigiel

Options for this story

This press release was sent out yesterday evening;

Date: August 27, 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tonight, Queen Annes County Republican Central Committee re-affirmed their weekend announcement that they would support Delegate Michael Smigiel for the appointment to the seat vacated by now-former Senator EJ Pipkin's resignation. "Now that the Republican Central Committees of the 36th District have limited the nomination for Senator to two nominees, Delegate Michael Smigiel, and Delegate Hershey. I suggest that, for the good of the Party, we agree to bring the two nominees before the members of the four central committees to profess our qualifications and debate any issues the members of said honorable Central Committees should desire" said Delegate Michael Smigiel.

"There is nothing to be served by allowing the Governor of the State to choose the next Republican Senator from the 36th District. This is an obligation of the various Central Committees and should only be done by them. The wounds opened in the process of narrowing the selection down to two must be healed so the Central Committees can once again begin the process soon of choosing who will be the person chosen to be nominated to replace the Delegate ultimately, who becomes the Senator" continued Smigiel

"The decision of who is the best of the two qualified candidates left is a decision that must and should be made by the Republican Central Committees of the 36th District", concluded Smigiel

Yours in Public Service,

Delegate Michael D. Smigiel, Sr
    District 36-Upper Shore
    Cell:410-920-0128

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    Any chance the four Central Committee's consider his proposal? I guess all four would have to say yes or no dice, right? :fingerscrossed:

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Michael Smigiel

Options for this story

This press release was sent out yesterday evening;

Date: August 27, 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tonight, Queen Annes County Republican Central Committee re-affirmed their weekend announcement that they would support Delegate Michael Smigiel for the appointment to the seat vacated by now-former Senator EJ Pipkin's resignation. "Now that the Republican Central Committees of the 36th District have limited the nomination for Senator to two nominees, Delegate Michael Smigiel, and Delegate Hershey. I suggest that, for the good of the Party, we agree to bring the two nominees before the members of the four central committees to profess our qualifications and debate any issues the members of said honorable Central Committees should desire" said Delegate Michael Smigiel.

"There is nothing to be served by allowing the Governor of the State to choose the next Republican Senator from the 36th District. This is an obligation of the various Central Committees and should only be done by them. The wounds opened in the process of narrowing the selection down to two must be healed so the Central Committees can once again begin the process soon of choosing who will be the person chosen to be nominated to replace the Delegate ultimately, who becomes the Senator" continued Smigiel

"The decision of who is the best of the two qualified candidates left is a decision that must and should be made by the Republican Central Committees of the 36th District", concluded Smigiel

Yours in Public Service,

Delegate Michael D. Smigiel, Sr
    District 36-Upper Shore
    Cell:410-920-0128
    :thumbsup:

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Any chance the four Central Committee's consider his proposal? I guess all four would have to say yes or no dice, right? :fingerscrossed:

To take your second question first, there are no rules laid down in writing in advance in this game. Everyone is taking it one step at a time and making it up as they go.

Further, to be clear, the MD state level GOP has no jurisdiction in this matter.

So far as I know, and I'm no expert, each individual county can vote and revote as often as they like up until the names are submitted to the Governor, under any process they deem advisable.

So to take up your first question: Will they?

I have no opinion on that. It is a matter of the thoughts and personality of 4 distinct and different counties. The thinking generally is that this process has turned into something of an embarrassing circus. So will Mike's suggestion be viewed as something helpful to heal, or a bullying tactic that puts off one or more of the committees? We will all just have to wait and see.

But lets step back for a minute. Whether you choose to view this process from the narrow view of 2A only, or from the broad view of conservative representation generally, we have come a long way in the span of a few days. We have come from a strong likelihood of a very bad outcome (Audrey Scott) to an outcome where it will be one of two conservatives. No matter what happens next, whichever of these two wins the brass ring it will be good for 2A.

You have to begin looking ahead to the next steps. Both of these candidates are Delegates. Once the Senator issue is settled, we have to do this again for whichever Delegate seat is vacated. If a poor replacement Delegate is selected, on a net basis we lose.

The fact to remember is that we can only lose, and we cannot gain in this process. EJ was conservative. Both replacement candidates are conservative. If things go great we remain in the same place. If it does not go great, a RINO slips in and we lose ground.

Phoebe

Dec 29, 2009
    Really, dude? Cecil Times has been anti-Delegate Smigiel since he exposed what was going on at the Cecil SPCA and she lost her gig there. And for reference, you do not need to take my word for it...the posts Smigiel wrote on his blog regarding the animal cruelty are still there and anyone looking at the archives on Cecil Times can plainly see the bias.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Really, dude? Cecil Times has been anti-Delegate Smigiel since he exposed what was going on at the Cecil SPCA and she lost her gig there. And for reference, you do not need to take my word for it...the posts Smigiel wrote on his blog regarding the animal cruelty are still there and anyone looking at the archives on Cecil Times can plainly see the bias.

He has an axe to grind with Smigiel apparently. Norton banned him for a week for his nonsense last week I think. Looks like he's right back to grinding his Smigiel axe again as soon as he gets back. It will all work itself out in the end...:innocent0

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

If someone doesn't like him it because they have an agenda ,

is this her blog too?

http://dumpmichaelsmigielsr.blogspot.com/

He has an axe to grind with Smigiel apparently. Norton banned him for a week for his nonsense last week I think. Looks like he's right back to grinding his Smigiel axe again as soon as he gets back. It will all work itself out in the end...:innocent0

his votes speak louder than words but this might be another bias website SMH

http://votesmart.org/candidate/36325/michael-smigiel-sr#.Uh7kA8u9KSM

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    his votes speak louder than words but this might be another bias website SMH

http://votesmart.org/candidate/36325/michael-smigiel-sr#.Uh7kA8u9KSM

And what does that site do to reinforce your position? It's every single vote and every single position he's taken on every subject.

I'm going to say that the vast majority of his votes fall into line with probably 90% of the people here, so that's not helping you a bit.

Simply saying, "My opinion is I don't like him" doesn't cut it. That's what children do.

Either provide some substance to back your position or quit the monkey-poo flinging. The next vacation won't be a week.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If someone doesn't like him it because they have an agenda ,

is this her blog too?

http://dumpmichaelsmigielsr.blogspot.com/

A anonymous blog with no attribution. Outstanding support.

Funny, I couldn't find the "DumpDelegate....." sites for all of the following who also voted against that bill:

Joseph F. Vallario Jr. (D-Prince George's)

Luiz R.S. Simmons (D-Montgomery)

Curtis S. Anderson (D-Baltimore)

Benjamin S. Barnes (D-Prince George's)

Jill P. Carter (D-Baltimore)

Frank M. Conaway Jr. (D-Baltimore)

Donald H. Dwyer Jr. (R-Anne Arundel)

William J. Frank (R-Baltimore)

J.B. Jennings (R-Baltimore County)

Kevin Kelly (D-Allegany)

Gerron S. Levi (D-Prince George's)

Tony McConkey (R-Anne Arundel)

Victor R. Ramirez (D-Prince George's)

Samuel I. Rosenberg (D-Baltimore)

Todd L. Schuler (D-Baltimore County)

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    It's obvious that this person has no interest in firearms, shooting or the like. She is here to simply throw mud at Delegate Smigiel.

B& HAMMER

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    And what does that site do to reinforce your position? It's every single vote and every single position he's taken on every subject.

I'm going to say that the vast majority of his votes fall into line with probably 90% of the people here, so that's not helping you a bit.

Simply saying, "My opinion is I don't like him" doesn't cut it. That's what children do.

Either provide some substance to back your position or quit the monkey-poo flinging. The next vacation won't be a week.

So the issue of license's for illegals , gas tax isn't important to 90 percent here ?

A anonymous blog with no attribution. Outstanding support.

Funny, I couldn't find the "DumpDelegate....." sites for all of the following who also voted against that bill:

I never looked for the others as they aren't in my district

http://www.blogger.com/profile/12696970430866525546

is what you are looking for, Norton. I think their axe to grind is abundantly clear.

Not just me a lot of CC is with me

RedStateFeminist????

IT'S ALL CLEAR TO ME NOW.

GTFO.

Is that your blog ? I will try and read it

It's obvious that this person has no interest in firearms, shooting or the like. She is here to simply throw mud at Delegate Smigiel.

B& HAMMER

That's funny did you know that mike had the lowest total of votes of the winners in the last election . Seems a lot of people didnt just pull the party line . Which to me is commendable . People of district 36 are tired of his tantrums , he threw a fit when he lost the election to be a judge . These are not national politics so news reports are slim. The local paper is scared to print the truth due to the fear of being sued , that is one of mikes favorite tricks

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So the issue of license's for illegals , gas tax isn't important to 90 percent here ?

He can't vote if he isn't there. The gas tax vote, he was in the hospital with pneumonia, the license's for illegals, he again was in the emergency room (sent there by the GA Dr.) to have fluids administered do to having the flu.

I never looked for the others as they aren't in my district

Fair enough

Not just me a lot of CC is with me

I can't speak to this, I live on the other side of the bay (in the evil triangle), but others have echoed this as well. The question is why? I understand you don't like him for what appears to be personal reasons (Sometimes hard to separate from political/legislative reasons) but try to take the personal out of it and make an case that we can discuss.

Is that your blog ? I will try and read it

It, and the others appear to be the work of a one issue voter (something you have said you detest), so why use it? Just asking for clarification?

That's funny did you know that mike had the lowest total of votes of the winners in the last election . Seems a lot of people didnt just pull the party line . Which to me is commendable . People of district 36 are tired of his tantrums , he threw a fit when he lost the election to be a judge . These are not national politics so news reports are slim. The local paper is scared to print the truth due to the fear of being sued , that is one of mikes favorite tricks

The numbers are public record, so nothing really new there. The question is why? Please don't answer this with more "character attacks", it is not helping your cause. Make it a credible debate. Most of us on this board (as many have stated) only care about/see the 2A stuff that politicians do, the rest is fluff. So, what are the other issues that he hasn't stepped up on and why (do you think) that is?

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    He can't vote if he isn't there. The gas tax vote, he was in the hospital with pneumonia, the license's for illegals, he again was in the emergency room (sent there by the GA Dr.) to have fluids administered do to having the flu.

Thats the first I heard of this "reason" But as a former marine I think he could of held out till after the vote. Didnt his COS do that during SB281? I am not buying that I had the flu and pneumonia and took our troop (they were Cub Scouts) on a 5 mile hike not because I am a bad @ss but because the kids would of been disappointed , they make sports drinks to replenish fluids

Fair enough

I can't speak to this, I live on the other side of the bay (in the evil triangle), but others have echoed this as well. The question is why? I understand you don't like him for what appears to be personal reasons (Sometimes hard to separate from political/legislative reasons) but try to take the personal out of it and make an case that we can discuss.

Politically here in CC seems he has ambitions bigger than CC and will sell CC out to achieve it. He doesn't hit the issues of CC (drugs unemployment crime) which are way out of control

It, and the others appear to be the work of a one issue voter (something you have said you detest), so why use it? Just asking for clarification?

The poster I quoting was inferring they were mine which wasnt true so I turned it to him. Wasnt using them for reference I typed "Cecil County Dump Smigiel" since others were saying Cecil Times has a agenda against him I was hoping to find an article from other sources . CC is a red headed step child in MD when it comes to news in this state

The numbers are public record, so nothing really new there. The question is why? Please don't answer this with more "character attacks", it is not helping your cause. Make it a credible debate. Most of us on this board (as many have stated) only care about/see the 2A stuff that politicians do, the rest is fluff. So, what are the other issues that he hasn't stepped up on and why (do you think) that is?

Just to show that his record . Dont just read how he voted but also his approval ratings listed. Character attacks go hand in hand . Mike is a bully if things don't go his way (look what is happening now) he gets louder and louder. When he lost the election for judge in CC I thought he was going to have a stroke . In his own words from last week when he said something about politics is a contact sport and the fight for this seat . while this might be true during an election but not when it's a in party replacement .

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Just to show that his record . Dont just read how he voted but also his approval ratings listed. Character attacks go hand in hand . Mike is a bully if things don't go his way (look what is happening now) he gets louder and louder. When he lost the election for judge in CC I thought he was going to have a stroke . In his own words from last week when he said something about politics is a contact sport and the fight for this seat . while this might be true during an election but not when it's a in party replacement .

Fair enough on all of the above. I was actually in Annapolis for the gas tax vote and a few other things, I noticed he wasn't on the floor and asked about it. Several folks (not just Andi) told me he was in the hospital for pneumonia. As for the LIcense vote, when a Dr. says go to the ER for fluids, you are a little beyond Gatoraid dude (BTDT).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom