• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It is known and provable, no provision for a re-vote that I am aware of.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Moot point!

Congrats Mike!

Not so fast, If I'm reading correctly, he only has won Cecil County. Scott has won Kent and Queen Annes. If mike wins Caroline then it's a tie and guess who the tie breaker is?

Edit, forgot the link http://baltimorepostexaminer.com/audrey-scott-is-surprise-front-runner-in-race-to-replace-pipkin/2013/08/22

MOM, go figure and see where it goes.
    So, if Scott can be challenged on her actions in Queen Anne's it's not a moot point.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Not so fast, If I'm reading correctly, he only has won Cecil County. Scott has won Kent and Queen Annes. If mike wins Caroline then it's a tie and guess who the tie breaker is?

Edit, forgot the link http://baltimorepostexaminer.com/audrey-scott-is-surprise-front-runner-in-race-to-replace-pipkin/2013/08/22

MOM, go figure and see where it goes.
    So, if Scott can be challenged on her actions in Queen Anne's it's not a moot point.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Argh! Sorry! Premature reading. Left to MOM, he just may go for Smigiel to stack the HJC for whatever Frosh and MOM want to get thru next year for their bid entrees.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Does Smigiel "automatically" get Pipken's seat on JPR?

I know assignments can be changed at the Leadership's whim, but if he "keeps" that seat and is instantly removed, that tells a lot too.

I don't believe so, but I'm not entirely sure. I will ask and report back.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    MOM would dearly LOVE to hand the seat to Scott.

From what I hear, she is pure RINO, and can be counted on to vote the wrong way on just about any issue.

Whether its Mike, Hershey, or ALMOST any of the others, whatever the counties can do to push this away from Scott is what they need to do.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

From what I hear, she is pure RINO, and can be counted on to vote the wrong way on just about any issue.

Whether its Mike, Hershey, or ALMOST any of the others, whatever the counties can do to push this away from Scott is what they need to do.

Our job is to politely suggest to the Republicans, that this is not an acceptable outcome. I am sure they will get the point. In fact I am sure they know this already.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Our job is to politely suggest to the Republicans, that this is not an acceptable outcome. I am sure they will get the point. In fact I am sure they know this already.

Then I believe the best way to do this is to hammer the remaining Central Committee with support for Delegate Smigiel. I would suggest e-mails as these folks do work during the day, and probably have limited time to take personal phone calls.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    But, in that District, voters have the power to hold her accountable (unless, of course, she's picked to be a one-session landmine)

The Shore's congressional district experienced a dreadful experience in unseating RINO Gilcrest. He was a very liberal Rep, in a conservative district. It is very hard to unseat a sitting Congressman in a primary, but Harris accomplished that.

Unfortunately, Harris shot all his powder in the primary and was broke and tired by the time the general election campaign kicked into gear against a very well funded and nationally supported Dem. So Harris lost in his first try, and we had a Dem Congressman for one term, until Harris could take the seat on the second try. Thankfully, he regrouped and came back. Others might have given up and moved on.

So it would be a dreadful turn of events if we have to unseat Scott in a primary. It can surely be done. But it is expensive carries its own risks.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    I have been corrected, there is a provision for a re-vote.

That is my understanding as well.

If so, it seems to me there are quite a number of viable candidates better than Scott. I like Mike, but if they don't like Mike then pick one of the others, like Hershey, Sossi, Arentz,

Revote, and pick one the district will support in an election.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County

Look at the article I linked to, picture of her with MOM's wife. Whole political career was in PG county, has only lived on the shore for 5 years.:tdown:

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I gather she has not been elected to anything in the district, appointment of her would tear apart the district and cause a real rift in the republicans at a time when we need to be united. What a blunder! The central committees should have had the sense to coordinate between each other and pick a replacement senator to carry the party to a victory next year, not create a new mess to fix.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Word has it this morning that this race isn't over.

If anyone wants to do something in a last push, there may be time.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Copied from a Facebook post:

Date: August 23, 2013, 12:00:41 AM EDT

A sincere thank you to the 14 candidates for applying for the position of Senator from the 36th District. After many days of interviews and deliberations, a majority of the KCRCC members have indicated their support for Steve Hershey.

Questions regarding this decision should be directed to Matt Gerstung at 443.907.6626 or mattger9876@yahoo.com.

Best wishes,
    Sandy Terpeluk

--
    Sandra B. Terpeluk
    Chair
    Kent County Republican Central Committee

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member