MD Dems announce new “gun safety” measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    A law designed to make 100s of thousands of Marylanders (and this is a low ball estimate) who previously have led largely law abiding lives into instant criminals. Doctors, teachers, lawyers, bus drivers, scientists, cooks, nurses, repairmen, IT professionals, and other working stiffs as well as retirees that have done nothing wrong are made into criminals so those that have failed in solving Baltimore's crime problems can pretend that they're doing something.

There is no exception in the bill for detachable mags for 22 caliber rifles (only a tube mag exception). There is no exception for handguns that only come with standard capacity mags that may hold 11 rounds, 12 rounds, etc. Somehow this magical number of 10-round capacity will have an impact on homicides involving guns in Maryland. A state in which one can't purchase mags with greater than a 10-round capacity, and a state where it's an add on crime to commit a crime with a firearm using a magazine with greater than 10-round capacity. So let's make new criminals of those that legally own such mags, after leading them on in previous legislative sessions that the law abiding could keep their property. It is a bill specifically designed to increase crime, not reduce it.

I wonder how much Bloomberg money is being funneled to those that are sponsoring the legislation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Very well said, my friend. :thumbsup:

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    I'm sure there's a law enforcement exemption, too, right?

:sad20:

The LE exemption for privately owned firearms should be stripped out of every bill. Really there should be no exemptions at all.

The Tyrants know the enforcers won't work if they aren't above the law.

Feb 28, 2013
    Hogan better get his veto pen out.

3 years of doing exactly ZERO for gun owners, and now it's time to step up. This is for all the marbles.

Don’t hold yer breath.

This here’s just his first term, as if’n that’d make a dime’s worth of difference, so he’ll fall right into line like the RINO he is.

Feb 28, 2013
    If we could kick them out of MD and make them part of DC or something, MD would be a great place to live

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It’d be nice if the shore and the 3 western counties would secede from the state. I’d be gone tomorrow.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Hogan better get his veto pen out.

3 years of doing exactly ZERO for gun owners, and now it's time to step up. This is for all the marbles.

I wish he would, but here's the thing: vetoing a gun law only means it goes back to Annapolis, where they easily over-ride the veto and claim in the next election cycle that Hogan supported killing babies.

It's the center-leaning Dems/libs got Hogan elected. We did not. Our votes only helped him over the top. We are all working behind enemy lines in this state. I'd rather see him influence the things he can to move the state forward than make a political statement that would be useless and might lose the governor position to yet another O'Malley.

I'm still hoping there is a Gov move on "May Issue" at some point, but Frosh is a good chess player.

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    I wish he would, but here's the thing: vetoing a gun law only means it goes back to Annapolis, where they easily over-ride the veto and claim in the next election cycle that Hogan supported killing babies.

It's the center-leaning Dems/libs got Hogan elected. We did not. Our votes only helped him over the top. We are all working behind enemy lines in this state. I'd rather see him influence the things he can to move the state forward than make a political statement that would be useless and might lose the governor position to yet another O'Malley.

I'm still hoping there is a Gov move on "May Issue" at some point, but Frosh is a good chess player.

What difference does it make if we have another O'Malley who will sign gun and mag bans, or a Hogan, who will refuse to veto them, table them, and let them become law without his signature?

What difference does it make?

What is the point of having a Hogan in the Gov mansion if he won't help us?

Why not just have a democrat? The results are exactly the same. Hogan has done NOTHING for MD gun owners. ZERO. So there is no difference between him and an O'Malley.

Tell me why I'm wrong about this. Go ahead.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Because he's done other things in office that piss the Dems off. Affect the change you can, don't waste effort on what you cannot. I care about 2A but I also care about taxes and government spending and the amount of air that my own city of Baltimore sucks out of the state.

I'm very disappointed in his treatment of 2A as a third rail--but an R gov who does nothing to defend our cause is still better than a D who actively promotes gun control on TV and in Annapolis.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Because he's done other things in office that piss the Dems off. Affect the change you can, don't waste effort on what you cannot. I care about 2A but I also care about taxes and government spending and the amount of air that my own city of Baltimore sucks out of the state.

I'm very disappointed in his treatment of 2A as a third rail--but an R gov who does nothing to defend our cause is still better than a D who actively promotes gun control on TV and in Annapolis.

^^^^ this

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

True, but an outright possession ban will cost people real money. If I had to destroy mags, it would cost me more than the increased MD taxes from losing exemptions. Its real money.

Not to mention that it got struck in CA . Which means its extra special unconstitutional, the kind not even CA courts will uphold. ... so taxpayers are paying for lawsuits. Frosh is already wasting enough of our money initiating lawsuits. He does not need to be wasting more money defending them. The Baltimore delegation should focus on things like getting multiple offenders off the street. The Baltimore City Facebook page is not full of pictures of high capacity mags. Its full of pictures of cheap revolvers with taped grips, and repeat offenders.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    What difference does it make if we have another O'Malley who will sign gun and mag bans, or a Hogan, who will refuse to veto them, table them, and let them become law without his signature?

What difference does it make?

What is the point of having a Hogan in the Gov mansion if he won't help us?

Why not just have a democrat? The results are exactly the same. Hogan has done NOTHING for MD gun owners. ZERO. So there is no difference between him and an O'Malley.

Tell me why I'm wrong about this. Go ahead.

Ok, if We had Hogan instead of O'Mao back in 2013, he never would have used political capital and a heavy hand to get FSA2013 passed. What antigun Bills has Hogan tabled and let become law? A much larger reason to put Hogan back in office is redistricting.
    He may not be a staunch 2A advocate but he is NOTHING LIKE O'MALLEY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So folks here are ok with hogan not vetoing this bill if it passes and are ready to suffer the consequences of standard capacity magazines being illegal to posses?

Wtf?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So folks here are ok with hogan not vetoing this bill if it passes and are ready to suffer the consequences of standard capacity magazines being illegal to posses?

Wtf?

I don't believe anyone is okay with any anti-2A bill being presented in the MGA. Vetoing a bill that has another votes to overturn the veto is something that has to be considered carefully. In a perfect world, there would be counterbalances in this process, but in Maryland, there is none.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore

Wtf?

I can confidently say that no one on here is ok with this becoming law. What folks are saying, is that we have to make sure this bill gets killed before it ever has a chance to cross Hogan’s desk, and ideally at the committee level.

If it passes out of both chambers, there’s not much Hogan can do to prevent it from becoming law.

Gotta kill this thing dead NOW.

Last edited:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I don't believe anyone is okay with any anti-2A bill being presented in the MGA. Vetoing a bill that has another votes to overturn the veto is something that has to be considered carefully. In a perfect world, there would be counterbalances in this process, but in Maryland, there is none.

I can confidently say that no one on here is ok with this becoming law. What folks are saying, is that we have to make sure this bill gets killed before it ever has a chance to cross Hogan’s desk, and ideally at the committee level.

If it passes out of both chambers, there’s not much Hogan can do to prevent it from becoming law.

Gotta kill this thing dead NOW.

We need to kill it if possible. That’s sure enough.

But if it passes hogan needs to veto it. He can’t just let something like that just go into effect. And it would give folks with standard capacity mags more time to “ lose” them. Hogan’s gotta stand up sometime.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    We need to kill it if possible. That’s sure enough.

But if it passes hogan needs to veto it. He can’t just let something like that just go into effect. And it would give folks with standard capacity mags more time to “ lose” them. Hogan’s gotta stand up sometime.

They are forcing Hogan to make a stand or choose a side , this is a plot for the Dems to show Hogan's hand .

It is a catch 22 , so we need to do it on our level if possible .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom