MD Dems announce new “gun safety” measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have been debating this bill to eliminate the Handgun Permit Review Board. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking this may ultimately be a good thing and backfire on the progressives. A judge may decide to follow the constitution - the Wrenn and 7th circuit decisions were persuasive. Plus, it may give us another shot at the 4th circuit via a direct appeal of a denial of a permit. An administrative law judge may ultimately decide that self defense qualifies as G&S.

This is Maryland remember. Most of those judges will do what they're told to do. The chances of them mandating G&S is slim to none and slim left town.

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    ALJ's are simply another finger of the hand thats beating on you. Ive been before more than my share, they can be as corrupt as the day is long because there is no accountability, not to mention you will have attorney fees. Let the HPRB be replaced by the military court of the well regulated militia.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Look at the first draft, then look at what passed. We made an enormous difference.

That is the one thing I worry about. Instead of letting the MGA drive the bus off a cliff and violate our constitutional rights so bad that any court could see it, we grabbed them by the shirt collar on their way over the edge. In the overall picture, was that better for the 2A in the long run? I feel we have become a sounding board for MGA to throw things against to see how much of a violation it would be since they do not know firearms. They come up with with craziest text in a bill, we say how F'ed up it is and why, they tailor it and we get crapped on. Hopefully things are different this time.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    That is the one thing I worry about. Instead of letting the MGA drive the bus off a cliff and violate our constitutional rights so bad that any court could see it, we grabbed them by the shirt collar on their way over the edge. In the overall picture, was that better for the 2A in the long run? I feel we have become a sounding board for MGA to throw things against to see how much of a violation it would be since they do not know firearms. They come up with with craziest text in a bill, we say how F'ed up it is and why, they tailor it and we get crapped on. Hopefully things are different this time.

Only because we prefer not to be turned into felons overnight.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Public Safety – Handgun Permit Review Board – Repeal

`

Attachments

• hb0819F.pdf
      85.7 KB · Views: 234

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Poppa Joe Vallario is attached to the handgun permit review board repeal bill. Odds are high that thing will sail out of committee.

Nope, nope, nope. The delayed training bill made it out of the House with no real amendments to it that affected us. It also made it out of the Senate JPR with few amendments, Sen Maldelano got it added as a floor amendment on the 3rd reader in the Senate on Sine Die last year.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Nope, nope, nope. The delayed training bill made it out of the House with no real amendments to it that affected us. It also made it out of the Senate JPR with few amendments, Sen Maldelano got it added as a floor amendment on the 3rd reader in the Senate on Sine Die last year.

I'm not sure what you're saying. You think Vallario cosponsoring the permit review board repeal bill isn't a big deal?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm not sure what you're saying. You think Vallario cosponsoring the permit review board repeal bill isn't a big deal?

Sorry, I mis-read it the first time as "he attached the HPRB repeal bill".

rocket-75

Dec 30, 2014
    obama voting stupid white liberals

commie gun-grabbers like that Mike the turd keep getting re-elected because of Obama voting stupid white liberals... how much bribe money has Mike the turd pocketed????

Anwil6

May 7, 2017
    Baltimore
    This is total bulls**t! I’m so sick of getting crapped on as if the people, such as myself, who purchase legally to the tee are the ones responsible for these egregious, heinous crimes. We’re talking about cowards who prey in groups on women, the elderly and men walking alone. They rob, and even with total compliance of the unsuspecting victims, they severely wound, beat, and kill. But these dumb f**king dems think infringing on our constitutional right is the key to solving these problems??? Are you f**king kidding me? As if these POSs are standing next to me getting fingerprinted, FBI & NICS checked, waiting for MSP to not-disapprove EVERY regulated firearm purchase.

Why do these dumb f**ks have jobs as politicians? They give two s**ts about my family’s lives! All the idiots who believe this is good policy are ignorant and dependent on the system. If there were more people able to walk around with their firearms holstered we wouldn’t be knee deep in crime, hopeless s**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The newest transfer bill designed to stop any loans is out.

It seems to me they're writing a lot of these based on what is said on this board.

I'm guilty of speaking openly about things the law allows for but I'm going to stop. The forum would benefit from blocking everyone that isn't registered from reading the posts.

The newest transfer bill designed to stop any loans is out.

It seems to me they're writing a lot of these based on what is said on this board.

I'm guilty of speaking openly about things the law allows for but I'm going to stop. The forum would benefit from blocking everyone that isn't registered from reading the posts.

Currently 24 members and 166 guests. They have our playbook.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Currently 24 members and 166 guests. They have our playbook.

And we're screwing ourselves. I'm sure some will cry BGOS but they're usually the most braindead. There's no rational basis for giving information to people who hate us to use against us.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    It's always been an underlying point on this forum. Our enemies are among us. That will always be the reason new members are pressed hard. And while not the best policy, it has it's purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom