MD Dems announce new “gun safety” measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    They are forcing Hogan to make a stand or choose a side , this is a plot for the Dems to show Hogan's hand .

It is a catch 22 , so we need to do it on our level if possible .

Agreed. Election year political gamesmanship with our Constitutional Rights as expendable chess pieces.

Absolutely sickening.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    What difference does it make if we have another O'Malley who will sign gun and mag bans, or a Hogan, who will refuse to veto them, table them, and let them become law without his signature?

What difference does it make?

What is the point of having a Hogan in the Gov mansion if he won't help us?

Why not just have a democrat? The results are exactly the same. Hogan has done NOTHING for MD gun owners. ZERO. So there is no difference between him and an O'Malley.

Tell me why I'm wrong about this. Go ahead.

Can you really say this with a straight face? I guess if you ONLY talk about gun rights, very narrowly, you might have some truth.

Oh wait, no. Hogan's appointees to the HPRB, while not giving permits out like candy have at least been following the law instead of inking the denied stamp before the person has begun speaking.

Notice how the Democrats had to do their own dog and pony show on a Friday to launch this, instead of as part of the state of the state? That's the difference between a governor who says "I want an AWB make it happen" vs "Meh."

but go ahead, by all means, vote Democrat. Enjoy the expanded gun control, higher taxes, higher fees, Democratic control of the restricting, I'm sure that when Kamenetz raises taxes 40 times, we can enjoy paying those taxes because we know evil old Hogan was such a bad governor.

I mean they already passed FSA 2013, they won't do it again, it can't be that bad, that's what they said for Ehlrich.

Vote Kamenetz/Jealous 2018!

These examples are serious like "I have to choose between a guy who I know will shoot me, and a guy who might shoot me or might let me go, so I'll choose the guy who will shoot me, so at least I know what I'm getting." :sad20:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Yep, but if it passes what side does hogan choose?

Agreed. Election year political gamesmanship with our Constitutional Rights as expendable chess pieces.

Absolutely sickening.

I don't have a answer for that question , we need to hit the bricks . And expose them for the frauds they are .
    They will and have shown in a national setting they are crooked and will resort to any behavior to win .

It is sickening that some don't see it , i wonder each day how they pull that off .

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Can you really say this with a straight face? I guess if you ONLY talk about gun rights, very narrowly, you might have some truth.

Oh wait, no. Hogan's appointees to the HPRB, while not giving permits out like candy have at least been following the law instead of inking the denied stamp before the person has begun speaking.

Notice how the Democrats had to do their own dog and pony show on a Friday to launch this, instead of as part of the state of the state? That's the difference between a governor who says "I want an AWB make it happen" vs "Meh."

but go ahead, by all means, vote Democrat. Enjoy the expanded gun control, higher taxes, higher fees, Democratic control of the restricting, I'm sure that when Kamenetz raises taxes 40 times, we can enjoy paying those taxes because we know evil old Hogan was such a bad governor.

I mean they already passed FSA 2013, they won't do it again, it can't be that bad, that's what they said for Ehlrich.

Vote Kamenetz/Jealous 2018!

These examples are serious like "I have to choose between a guy who I know will shoot me, and a guy who might shoot me or might let me go, so I'll choose the guy who will shoot me, so at least I know what I'm getting." :sad20:

Eherlic said he was gonna help us “ in his second term” and after fixing mds economic problems and getting rid of its deficit you see what happened. We got exactly shit. So now folks are gambling hogan will help us in his second term, thing is he ain’t even promised anyone in the 2a community anything. I hope hogan gets in but I have my doubts on it. And if he gets in I really doubt he will do any more for us than he has so far. But like most here say, this is md, where nothing is something.

Hogan’s a rino at best who uses christy cream as an mentor. But I would love to be wrong.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Eherlic said he was gonna help us “ in his second term” and after fixing mds economic problems and getting rid of its deficit you see what happened. We got exactly shit. So now folks are gambling hogan will help us in his second term, thing is he ain’t even promised anyone in the 2a community anything. I hope hogan gets in but I have my doubts on it. And if he gets in I really doubt he will do any more for us than he has so far. But like most here say, this is md, where nothing is something.

Hogan’s a rino at best who uses christy cream as an mentor. But I would love to be wrong.

I'm so glad you mentioned that, because, with Eherlic, people said "We'll vote for Omalley to send a message to the Republicans. Omalley won't be that bad, and it'll send a message to the Republicans."

Well, the plan was working well, then Sandy Hook happened, and we got Firearms Safety Act of 2013. (And that's not to count the other tax and fee increases we have to endure.)

And now people are seriously considering doing the same thing? Really? Really?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I'm so glad you mentioned that, because, with Eherlic, people said "We'll vote for Omalley to send a message to the Republicans. Omalley won't be that bad, and it'll send a message to the Republicans."

Well, the plan was working well, then Sandy Hook happened, and we got Firearms Safety Act of 2013. (And that's not to count the other tax and fee increases we have to endure.)

And now people are seriously considering doing the same thing? Really? Really?

Never heard anyone say such a thing and ehrlic lost in 2006(?)and sandy hook happened in 2012 so I don’t see how one connects to the other. Enlighten me.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Obviously, you will be allowing the Democrat to win, because that will be much better for guns and taxes, right?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Never heard anyone say such a thing and ehrlic lost in 2006(?)and sandy hook happened in 2012 so I don’t see how one connects to the other. Enlighten me.
    Yeah, it's total nonsense. If SH had never happened, we'd probably still be able to buy whatever we wanted in this state (sans 20+ rd mags).

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah, it's total nonsense. If SH had never happened, we'd probably still be able to buy whatever we wanted in this state (sans 20+ rd mags).

Doubtful. They already had these bills prepped and ready for some excuse to roll them out. They had been itching to do this since Obummer was elected. If it had not been SH, it would have been something else.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Obviously, you will be allowing the Democrat to win, because that will be much better for guns and taxes, right?

Obviously I want hogan to do something , anything pro 2a, hell he could merely acknowledge that’s he’s pro 2a and I would have everyone I know vote for him, if not I am considering writing my dads name in , as hogan did in the presidential election.

The balls in Hogan’s court. They pass a law saying standard capacity magazines are illegal to possess and hogan doesn’t veto it he’s dead to me.

It’s simple, hogan can act like a republican or not, his choice.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Obviously I want hogan to do something , anything pro 2a, hell he could merely acknowledge that’s he’s pro 2a and I would have everyone I know vote for him, if not I am considering writing my dads name in , as hogan did in the presidential election.

The balls in Hogan’s court. They pass a law saying standard capacity magazines are illegal to possess and hogan doesn’t veto it he’s dead to me.

It’s simple, hogan can act like a republican or not, his choice.

You either are part of the problem or part of the solution. If you are either actively or passively letting a Dem win in this state, say by writing in someone else's name and thereby helping elect a Dem, you are part of the problem.

And if you are part of the problem, you may as well sink your firearms and money in the Chesapeake, the Dems will take both away.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Doubtful. They already had these bills prepped and ready for some excuse to roll them out. They had been itching to do this since Obummer was elected. If it had not been SH, it would have been something else.
    They sure did, and the AWB they introduced practically every year failed every time before SH. You don't think that's a coincidence?

We've got enough problems right now without inventing history, folks.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You either are part of the problem or part of the solution. If you are either actively or passively letting a Dem win in this state, say by writing in someone else's name and thereby helping elect a Dem, you are part of the problem.

Maryland voters can either demand that the people they elected do what they were sent to Annapolis to do or we can just let them run amuck like they have been for 50 years.

Hogan wrote his dads name in , supposedly, not to elect Hillary but not to elect trump. So was he part of the problem? Hmmmm

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Maryland voters can either demand that the people they elected do what they were sent to Annapolis to do or we can just let them run amuck like they have been for 50 years.

Hogan wrote his dads name in , supposedly, not to elect Hillary but not to elect trump. So was he part of the problem? Hmmmm

This is Maryland, not Texas. Hogan is about as good as it gets. Trump is deeply unpopular in this state, and even more unpopular in the places Hogan needs to turn out - establishment republicans in MoCo. A lot of people held their bile and voted for Trump, I suggest you return the favor. The next .gov on MD will be way worse than O'Mao or Brown, because the Dem party is racing as far left as possible. They love using MD as a social experiment for things like Socialized Medicine and whatever else the left wants these days.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

90% of all Americans (another internet statistic) and even more Marylanders don't care that much (or at all) about anything as long as they get theirs. Since most don't have an opinion on the 2nd Amendment, it's not on their radar. This is where we are at a deficit. I don't know how to fix that problem either.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    This is Maryland, not Texas. Hogan is about as good as it gets. Trump is deeply unpopular in this state, and even more unpopular in the places Hogan needs to turn out - establishment republicans in MoCo. A lot of people held their bile and voted for Trump, I suggest you return the favor. The next .gov on MD will be way worse than O'Mao or Brown, because the Dem party is racing as far left as possible. They love using MD as a social experiment for things like Socialized Medicine and whatever else the left wants these days.

I voted for trump because he stands for what I believe in.

Hogan stands for whatever it takes to get to where it is he’s going next once he’s not mds governor.

All hogan has to do is utter the words “I am pro 2a”

I would even settle for him saying I am pro constitution

A lotta folks have lost faith in hogan, including me.

It’s up to him to restore that faith. He’s never once said publicly he wants to help us. You don’t take that as a hint?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    90% of all Americans (another internet statistic) and even more Marylanders don't care that much (or at all) about anything as long as they get theirs. Since most don't have an opinion on the 2nd Amendment, it's not on their radar. This is where we are at a deficit. I don't know how to fix that problem either.

Well plenty of folks in Maryland are robbed, shot and burglarized. They should get an opinion.

And I don’t understand how they don’t have opinions either, but I have my opinions and values and I can’t see how voting against my own values is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom