MD Dems announce new “gun safety” measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    What a crock of s**t! Are they going to pay MSRP for all the magazines that are >10 rounds? (I doubt it). :mad54:

Guess if it passes, I'll have to ask my friend to take his 10+ round magazines and store them out of state or give them to an OOS family member. :sad20:

-John

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    That’s Ex Post Facto. They are going to say that it doesn’t apply here because they’re not making the past possession of these magazines illegal they are making the future possession of these magazines illegal. It is only breaking the law if you continue to do it, not if you did it in the past.

I disagree, though not a lawyer. It seems this proposed bill has all of the elements that make it illegal.

1st. Every law that makes an action done before the passing of the law, and which was innocent when done, criminal; and punishes such action.

2nd. Every law that aggravates a crime, makes it greater than it was, when committed.

3rd. Every law that changes the punishment, and inflicts a greater punishment, than the law annexed to the crime, when committed.

4th. Every law that alters the legal rules of evidence, and receives less, or different, testimony, than the law required at the time of the commission of the offence, in order to convict the offender."

Perhaps this is also one of the reasons it was struck down in other states.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I thought Massachusetts recently banned bump stocks ... how did they do that, if our logic here is correct? Wouldn't it be the same issue?

-John

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    What a crock of s**t! Are they going to pay MSRP for all the magazines that are >10 rounds? (I doubt it). :mad54:

Guess if it passes, I'll have to ask my friend to take his 10+ round magazines and store them out of state or give them to an OOS family member. :sad20:

-John

Someone upthread pointed out how the smaller mags make it easier to maneuver during CQB. I'm sure dumais would love to hear that in testimony.......

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Someone upthread pointed out how the smaller mags make it easier to maneuver during CQB. I'm sure dumais would love to hear that in testimony.......

This is actually very true. My standard 30 round MP5 mag is constantly getting in the way. Plus, know what kind of looks you get when you have a full MP5 mag in your pocket? My wife hates it, I am constantly getting numbers and winks from women, and men.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    This is actually very true. My standard 30 round MP5 mag is constantly getting in the way. Plus, know what kind of looks you get when you have a full MP5 mag in your pocket? My wife hates it, I am constantly getting numbers and winks from women, and men.

You should switch to the tactical concealment 10 round.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    :innocent0 ...

Attachments

• 30rd Mag.JPG
      30rd Mag.JPG
      45.9 KB · Views: 295

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    HB0991 is going to make a bunch of us criminals as of Oct 1 2018 if passed. Other then my 1911's I don't have a firearm that came from the factory with a 10 magazine, how about you? We really need to stop this one. Start writing the elected ones. Chris

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Hogan says he'll sign a bump stock bill, though he points out that bump stocks aren't the problem... http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/governor-hogan-discusses-mass-shootings-and-crime-bills :mad54:

Governor Hogan said he would support a separate bill which would ban bumpstocks, an accessory which allows a semi-automatic weapon to fire as an automatic weapon.

The device was used by the gunman in last year's mass shooting in Las Vegas.

But the Governor says "that quite frankly is not the issue. We had 340 people murdered in Baltimore last year and none of them were using bumpstocks."

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Doesn't surprise me one bit. He's no friend of the 2A. Just pandering to the left.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Doesn't surprise me one bit. He's no friend of the 2A. Just pandering to the left.
    Pretty much. Only good news here is that with an easy win on bumpstocks in the pocket to look good to the gun control crowd, the Democrats may be less likely to fight on harder issues such as the 10rd mag ban.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

I keep a banana mag in my pocket so people don't suspect I'm actually happy all the time.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Maybe I am delusional... but I still say Hogan better pay attention to the gun community because they may just have been the crowd that pushed him over the top first term... maybe not so much this term...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Maybe I am delusional... but I still say Hogan better pay attention to the gun community because they may just have been the crowd that pushed him over the top first term... maybe not so much this term...

I would like to think we had something to do with his winning. But I believe Anthony Brown was the person who helped Hogan the most of all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom