• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dantheman

Jan 26, 2011
    Wow, didn't you read what I just posted? Post #40 in this thread. Here it is again:

No, actually you were posting out of your ass so much that i just skipped your post. Care to point out anything else to try and belittle me? Your such a great representative for MSI! I have so much more
    respect for MSI now!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    For the past two weeks we had a HUGE push on this website for everyone to research these bills and to submit written testimony against them.

On Tuesday I was in Annapolis from 9am to midnight fighting these bills. Dblas was there when I got there and he was there when I left.

We were able to look Delegate Simmons directly in the eyes and tell him to his face why these are bad bills. We didn't sway him because he is a blatant gun grabber but I am convinced that we showed some other delegates why these bills are bad. We need to follow that up with letters to the other delegates further explaining our positions.

You should have seen the exchange between Delegate Smigiel and Simmons over these bills. Smigiel is awesome and fights like a Marine for us but he cannot do this alone. We need more help.

Everyone here who is complaining about this bill but didn't submit written testimony or didn't go to Annapolis is late to the game and needs to step up to the plate and get in the fight. You had your chance to sit in front of Delegate Simmons or talk to him in the hallway about these bills and you blew it.

Threats from fellow legislators, backroom discussions, fudging numbers, yet some people still advocate playing nice.:sad20:

They have turned this into a brawl with no holds barred and in defense we are supposed to fight fair. Well gosh...what could go wrong?:rolleyes:

There is no reason we cannot testify and speak to them with a respectful tone. If you don't, they will not listen. At the same time, there is no reason why we shouldn't fight like hell to get them out. Being polite does not mean you don't despise what they have done, and it doesn't mean you can't let them know exactly what you think.

THEY AREN'T LISTENING ANYWAY! - See CSM's post. And the ones that may are going to be whipped in line by the leadership as we have seen.

Miller and Busch need to go. Those are the two districts that DINO's need to move to and kick those tyrants out.

ETA - IMHO The DINO movement needs to be blatant and in there face about why people are moving around within the state. What is the worst they could do, pass a law to make everyone verify their identity and legal residency for voting purposes?

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    That is a completely unsubstantiated number, and while I understand the media's willingness to run with it, it's nauseating that the Delegate would even 'go there'

And, to top it off, this outlet flat-out stole a story from elsewhere.

AP, a number of outlets picked that up: Connecticut Post out of Bridgeport, InfoWars and Prison Planet that I know of, probably a few others. Connecticut Post carried the AP header.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Some of them are listening! This is an election year. They do not want to be controversial. If they pass a bill that calls for confess cation if 110,000 people there will be serious political repercussions and they know this. They may want to grab our guns but a lot of them realize they need to concentrate on holding onto their power this year.

We have to fight as hard as we possibly can and get our message out to the whole state while the GA is in session. As soon as the session ends we need to dive straight into operation DINO. But we need everyone on board, all hands on deck. We all need to give our all to make this work.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    AP, a number of outlets picked that up: Connecticut Post out of Bridgeport, InfoWars and Prison Planet that I know of, probably a few others. Connecticut Post carried the AP header.

Unfortunately, when the CT lawmakers hear that MD is proposing massive confiscations it will only embolden them. This bill has serious ramifications in CT.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Some of them are listening! This is an election year. They do not want to be controversial. If they pass a bill that calls for confess cation if 110,000 people there will be serious political repercussions and they know this. They may want to grab our guns but a lot of them realize they need to concentrate on holding onto their power this year.

We have to fight as hard as we possibly can and get our message out to the whole state while the GA is in session. As soon as the session ends we need to dive straight into operation DINO. But we need everyone on board, all hands on deck. We all need to give our all to make this work.

They placate you until after the election by making promises they know they won't keep. Zebras don't change their stripes.

Legislators need to be voted on based on their voting record NOT what they may promise ahead of time. If they are new or have a questionable voting record then they need to be notified that they will be watched.

Then set about removing the most visible and vulnerable incumbents so the message gets across.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    They placate you until after the election by making promises they know they won't keep. Zebras don't change their stripes.

Legislators need to be voted on based on their voting record NOT what they may promise ahead of time. If they are new or have a questionable voting record then they need to be notified that they will be watched.

Then set about removing the most visible and vulnerable incumbents so the message gets across.

That worked in Colorado ...

AFA promises, does THIS help you ?

Attachments

• Politician-swearing-an-oath-with-fingers-crossed-behind-back.jpg
      Politician-swearing-an-oath-with-fingers-crossed-behind-back.jpg
      9.7 KB · Views: 174

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    No, actually you were posting out of your ass so much that i just skipped your post. Care to point out anything else to try and belittle me? Your such a great representative for MSI! I have so much more
    respect for MSI now!

WTF are you talking about? You posted: "nor have I contributed time or money to a Pro 2A candidate and don't know where to start.Mind pointing me in the direction to do so? I appreciate your input and help. "

I simply pointed out to you a "Pro 2A candidate" and where you could start. How is that "posting out of my ass" or belittling you? When have I ever stated that I represent MSI?

Do you have me confused with someone else?

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    From the bottom of my heart, I wish I could give you a specific plan. I really do. One of the points I'm trying to make is, these politicians are not taking us seriously.

And what do politicians fear more than anything else....bad publicity & an angry voting populace???

All they care about is getting re-elected. We're going about this in the right manner. Bitching & cursing at them will do nothing more than make us look like the ignorant, backwoods bunch of losers they believe we are.

We beat them at their own game. We earn more sympathy from the public & the media. We change the minds of individual members of the GA. Easy to do, no, but it's worth doing. None of this change will take place overnight. It'll absolutely be like eating that proverbial elephant one bite at a time.

Dantheman

Jan 26, 2011
    WTF are you talking about? You posted: "nor have I contributed time or money to a Pro 2A candidate and don't know where to start.Mind pointing me in the direction to do so? I appreciate your input and help. "

I simply pointed out to you a "Pro 2A candidate" and where you could start. How is that "posting out of my ass" or belittling you? When have I ever stated that I represent MSI?

Do you have me confused with someone else?

are you an executive member of MSI?

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West
    Man, I could write a db job in an afternoon that would crank out that list real quick.

All you gotta do then is take that list and make sure the John Smith and John Smith Jr. are the same person.

Mr H

Banana'd
    This sin't a spectator sport, you have to get involved, and that doesn't necessarily mean coming to Annapolis in person (yes, that would be nice), but if just one person would step up for each district and track the number vs the vote (Yes, some of them are going to fudge the numbers), then we might be able to get a truer response from them from session to session.

I'm liking this.

Some way to track each bill, each critter's position, and take that pulse a couple times a week (holding on to the snapshots in time), to see the evolution of their positions as pressure is mounted.

But, for it to really take hold, there needs to be a way to get it into the public view, and get the broader community to participate.

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    Man, I could write a db job in an afternoon that would crank out that list real quick.

I believe you.

Which makes me wonder if they already have that capability and are just waiting for orders to push the button. Then the $300K + obtained from the Simmons bill would just be gravy.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    wrt the OP... "It's for the children.." and it only cost ~330K to implement..

The only way ANYTHING is going to change is for Good Men and Women to stand up and work to get real representation elected.

My biggest concerns:

1) Do We (the collective) care enough to do something, anything positive?
    2) Are there enough that want limited government intervention?

Primaries are in ~90 Days...

I fear the answer to both is No.

My wife and I had a brief talk with Steve Schuh (Delegate Running for A.A.C. Executive) last night. One of the things I got from our conversation was at the State level there is little hope for significant change in our, our children, there children children life time.

My question, which I did not ask... "Why are you really moving from state representation to county"? Is it to truly help the situation at the state level by county level representation, or is it simply a power grab.

He seems a nice enough guy, and has all the right answers.....

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Earlier in the thread there was talk of strong arm tactics to get the SB281 passed and removing bad politicians from office. How can we hit them in their wallets (figuratively and materially) as another push to keep them from falling in line on bad bills or at least make them weaker come election time?

Do we have a list of where they work or what they do to make the money to stay in office? If so, I've never noticed it.

I understand the uberwealthy are not going to care but surely there are enough fringe democrats that can be nudged by us taking our business elsewhere.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Earlier in the thread there was talk of strong arm tactics to get the SB281 passed and removing bad politicians from office. How can we hit them in their wallets (figuratively and materially) as another push to keep them from falling in line on bad bills or at least make them weaker come election time?

Do we have a list of where they work or what they do to make the money to stay in office? If so, I've never noticed it.

I understand the uberwealthy are not going to care but surely there are enough fringe democrats that can be nudged by us taking our business elsewhere.

Go to the Project Alamo threads.

There, you can find out how to pressure them at the funding sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom