• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Gun owners at that time should be able to rest with a clear conscience knowing that the lawmakers and enforcers were the ones breaking the law not the gun owners.

yes... I really think MSI should write a letter, maybe all of us copy and send to all the GA, MSP etc.. This sure Might help. 20,000 letters make a statement. BUT might end up like open holster day...:tdown:

something like this....
    http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2014/02/an-open-letter-to-men-and-women-of.html

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    One thing that I have noticed here is that each year we enter into this "negotiation" with the state's governing body. They purpose something that is radical and far-reaching, we rail against them, they back off a little. To us it looks like we backed them off a little, however, we still lost incremental ground. From our perspective it looks like we were able to thwart them to some extent. From their perspective, I believe, they have provided us with the illusion that we still retain some form of participation in the way government is run (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarian_democracy).

I, for one, am growing a bit tired of this dog-and-pony show and would like to get some fresh ideas flowing as to what peaceable measures we could/can take to stop them in their tracks. Just my observations and opinion...

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    One thing that I have noticed here is that each year we enter into this "negotiation" with the state's governing body. They purpose something that is radical and far-reaching, we rail against them, they back off a little. To us it looks like we backed them off a little, however, we still lost incremental ground. From our perspective it looks like we were able to thwart them to some extent. From their perspective, I believe, they have provided us with the illusion that we still retain some form of participation in the way government is run (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarian_democracy).

I, for one, am growing a bit tired of this dog-and-pony show and would like to get some fresh ideas flowing as to what peaceable measures we could/can take to stop them in their tracks. Just my observations and opinion...

If you believe that your and our actions DON'T affect our government, I suggest looking over the history of last year's bills. I suggest looking at this year's filed bills and look at the numerous threads on this board about Annapolis activism and testimony.

Complaints about our laws or legislature on this forum does nothing. Call your representatives. Write letters. Meet them. If they don't defend your interests, VOTE for someone else in the upcoming midterms. Tell us about it. Be involved.

Rallies and protests aren't going to change any minds down there and some forms of protest will do more harm than any possible good.

Join MSI. Don't like them? Join the AGC. No good? Join the NRA. Still not happy? Join the SAF. No? GOA? Any involvement in these groups or with our government is already more than the average citizen's participation aside from voting every 2 years if they even vote at all.

Maryland needs more 2A protectors in its legislature. Period. Voting them in needs to be a calculated and organized movement. If antis start losing seats, we'll be taken more seriously.

If the heat is too much, cool off and give it some thought.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    http://www.examiner.com/article/conn-police-refuse-to-enforce-new-gun-laws

This is something that the political powers that be in government and law enforcement -- and in the Courts -- should think long and hard about before acting in such a knee-jerk fashion as Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, and Massachusetts have done.

http://thelibertysphere.blogspot.com/2014/01/musings-after-midnight-latest-news-from.html
    Be that as it may, patriots are well advised to watch very closely people like Gov. Cuomo in New York, and the governors of Maryland, Illinois, California, New Jersey, and Connecticut. And with Terry McAlliffe newly sworn in as governor of Virginia, you may well need to put Virginia on your watch list as well. He is a madman, a Leviathan, a collectivist Bastard that will not hesitate to implement a leftwing agenda in the state. Yes, Virginia is on the brink of being plunged into their "thousand years of darkness."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom