• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Handing out a card to every prospective juror as they walk to the court that read "If you don't like the law the prosecutor says the defendant has broken, it is your right, and your duty, to refuse to convict" would be interesting.

They'd try to bust you for it, and the resulting publicity would spread the word further and faster.

Jury nullification is a subject I think all Maryland citizens should be aware of, and support to the limits of their beliefs.

And it is such a fine way to tell the GA to Eff Off.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I'm not generally a conspiracy theorist, but I can't help think that the primary purpose of a law like this is to find technicalities to use against law-abiding gun owners in an effort to reduce the overall number of guns in civilians' hands. Similar to the way an LEO can always find some traffic- or vehicle-related technicality to pull a driver over, this law might be used the same way. Or, they may just claim they're going through the list to see if the status of anyone on the list may've changed?

You win a cookie.

If we can't get them out-We'll breed them out.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Butt, how would you go about this. Please be specific.

first, we go to the courts. then we find out the courts are corrupt or unbelievably slanted. the people get pissed and more grassroot organizations crop up, espousing the need for more voters and other grassroot volunteers. then we find out the voting polls, being owned and operated by george soros and company is in fact found in violation of ethics fraud or something. the people get a little more pissed, but stay polite.

week by week, we see unsavory mugshots of fellow Americans and families being arrested on dubious charges, to include having a magazine in excess of 10 or 15 rounds. Too many accounts of absolute police negligence piss more people off, meanwhile, more and more law abiding citizens are being arrested on "new law" charges. many being felonies, never to own a firearm again, legally.

people get pissed a little more. as i have witnessed, various websites post videos of blatant police brutality and the over-use of force, as well as having an attitude not compliant with public discourse. which would seem to validate different threads on mdshooters.com that seemingly turn into a police bashing volley.

for those of you who wish to bash law enforcement officers, don't. in the words of our president, "don't judge the many for the actions of a few." apply that to law enforcement and us, the law abiding, armed citizen.

as for the answer to your specific question, we stay focused. engage EVERYONE.

i suspect if it came down to confiscation of legally purchased guns, there could be an issue. currently we have two states confiscating guns, and there is great legal resistance. i think physical resistance will become an issue when enough folks see how the courts decide juxtaposed to the constitution and the federal rights violated by the newly enacted laws.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Starting in this post I suggested that we do something similar to what Mike Vanderboegh suggested in Connecticut and send letters to the home addresses of our elected officials and possibly to the home addresses of their family members. If they won't listen to us at the state capitol maybe they will listen to those who are closest to them.

Of course the letters would be requests to the legislators to vote for/against XYZ and the letters to friends and family would be asking them to encourage their legislator friend/family member to vote for/against XYZ. NO THREATS OF ANYTHING ILLEGAL.

Some liked the idea.

Some thought it was improper and insisted on continuing to do things the same way hoping for different results.:sad20:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Amen brother! To hell with dressing nice and talking nice. WTF are we dumbing it down to there level for? To look like a bunch of short sighted p*ssies like them?

What happened last year in Annapolis? From I remember someone took a picture of one of the reps, playing chess on his laptop while the citizens were speaking. Yeah, theyre taking us seriously alright.

I think its time we get our head out of our buts and let them know we mean business and their arrogance will not be tolerated. STAND UP AND FIGHT!

I'm going to be blunt, put up or shut up. Get you ass to Annapolis and testify, or at least submit written testimony. At a minimum, call, write, fax your Delegates.

You say "stand up and fight," then become part of the process instead of one of the complainers.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks. I'm trying to think of ways to do it. But I'll tell you one thing. Being politically correct wont be one of them. If were bashing being PC all over these forums, then why are we encouraged to dress up and talk nice at these ralleys?

So what exactly is wrong with showing up in a clean pair of jeans and a nice shirt. Both with no holes, no dirt and firearms or 2A related slogans on them?

We aren't talking suits and ties, but when we say no camo, that means no milsurp stuff.

Appearance is half of the equation, the other half is knowing what you are talking about.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    From the bottom of my heart, I wish I could give you a specific plan. I really do. One of the points I'm trying to make is, these politicians are not taking us seriously.

And what empirical evidence do you have to back this. Have you talked to any of them face to face?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Ok, here's step one. Don't go down to their level.

Punctuation and spelling errors corrected, grammar and syntax count as well when working to make your point.

Please define "their level?"

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    So what exactly is wrong with showing up in a clean pair of jeans and a nice shirt. Both with no holes, no dirt and firearms or 2A related slogans on them?

We aren't talking suits and ties, but when we say no camo, that means no milsurp stuff.

Appearance is half of the equation, the other half is knowing what you are talking about.

You make an awful big assumption that they even care what some stranger wants.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Talking to the politicians doesnt work. We have proof of that (SB281). Nothing we do can change their minds. So the only way to change anything is to vote them out. So to all of you that believe in the political system: What strategy are you employing to vote them out? The DINO project may get a few. But what are you going to do about the rest? Do you have any plan whatsoever to get the average moron hipster or inner-city african-american to vote against an incumbent? Do you honestly think you are going to convince any wider demographic to change their vote based on just the gun issue? Really??

Are any of you willing to use their Balkanization tactics against them? Are any of you willing to engage in dirty politics? Doesnt sound like more than a handful from what I have read.

Many of you have already stated you won't resort to any tactics at all. You will simply be polite, tell the same stories you told last year, write the same letters you wrote last year, and tell everyone "it will take a decade but eventually we will win." I say that is wishful thinking ********. Your tactics so far have resulted in failure. It is time to embrace a changing of tactics. It is time to embrace reality over this magical fantasy we have been using.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    We need people watching every piece of legislation coming out of Annapolis that assigns criminal charges greater than 1 year (4473) or two years (77R).

And getting down there raising hell about what it does to 2nd amendment rights.

Their new tactic is to criminalize all kinds of things (through new laws or assigning new penalties) to decimate our ranks.

And...

We need PBJ folks to start raising holy hell about having the state threatening their firearms confiscated by a plea bargain used long ago and get the state in court over that Godforsaken Simmons amendment. That should have been a standalone lawsuit.

They will not sleep, they will not stop. We can't either.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Authorities in Maryland

Safe bet several here voted for these "Authorities in Maryland" because of race, creed, color or free promised handouts. The enemy has infiltrated and he walks among us. :sad20:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmmain.aspx?pid=legisrpage&tab=subject6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland_Democratic_Party

U.S. House of Representatives

Democrats hold seven of the eight seats Maryland is apportioned in the U.S. House following the 2000 census:

MD-02: Dutch Ruppersberger
    MD-03: John Sarbanes
    MD-04: Donna Edwards
    MD-05: Steny Hoyer (Minority Whip)
    MD-06: John Delaney
    MD-07: Elijah Cummings
    MD-08: Chris Van Hollen[5]

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    What happened last year in Annapolis? From I remember someone took a picture of one of the reps, playing chess on his laptop while the citizens were speaking. Yeah, theyre taking us seriously alright.

If your mind is already made up you don't need to listen to the testimony or if you already have your marching orders from puppet master OweMalley.

Kick them out and elect people ready to listen. Have you registered DINO, reviewed the Project Alamo database, and contributed both money and your TIME to a pro 2nd candidate yet?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Talking to the politicians doesnt work. We have proof of that (SB281). Nothing we do can change their minds. So the only way to change anything is to vote them out. So to all of you that believe in the political system: What strategy are you employing to vote them out? The DINO project may get a few. But what are you going to do about the rest? Do you have any plan whatsoever to get the average moron hipster inner-city african-american to vote against an incumbent? Do you honestly think you are going to convince any wider demographic to change their vote based on just the gun issue? Really??

Are any of you willing to use their Balkanization tactics against them? Are any of you willing to engage in dirty politics? Doesnt sound like more than a handful from what I have read.

Many of you have already stated you won't resort to any tactics at all. You will simply be polite, tell the same stories you told last year, write the same letters you wrote last year, and tell everyone "it will take a decade but eventually we will win." I say that is wishful thinking ********. Your tactics so far have resulted in failure. It is time to embrace a changing of tactics. It is time to embrace reality over this magical fantasy we have been using.

Being polite during the 90 days of the legislative session is and entirely different animal from working to remove them using all of tools at our disposal. Do not confuse the two.

As for SB281, that wasn't them not listening, that was them being told what they would do or they would lose their committee appointments and funding for district projects. There was actually an agreement last year to shelve SB281 and turn it into a task force to study the ideas and move forward from there. The next day, everyone came in after the administration, the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate threatened them with there committees and funding, and it all went away, and we had what you saw in committee.

The majority of them didn't want that bill anymore than we did, but when threatened with loss of committee and funding for projects in your district, what would you do?

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Being polite during the 90 days of the legislative session is and entirely different animal from working to remove them using all of tools at our disposal. Do not confuse the two.

As for SB281, that wasn't them not listening, that was them being told what they would do or they would lose their committee appointments and funding for district projects. There was actually an agreement last year to shelve SB281 and turn it into a task force to study the ideas and move forward from there. The next day, everyone came in after the administration, the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate threatened them with there committees and funding, and it all went away, and we had what you saw in committee.

The majority of them didn't want that bill anymore than we did, but when threatened with loss of committee and funding for projects in your district, what would you do?

Awesome. At least now we are making some headway. The legislators are acutely susceptible to underhanded strongarm coercive tactics. SO USE THEM. Legally of course.;)

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan

Are you really making excuses for their behavior? You seem to be giving them the benefit of the doubt when they deserve nothing of the sort.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Slightly OT ...

What we are dealing with in the PRofMD and nationally.

The anti-gun politicians will ignore even their own constituents if it means that they can hold onto power, and they will resort to any manipulations and distortions of the law to do so. They won't change, so we have too; for better or worse. So, if you think that we are dealing with honest, rational representatives who have been entrenched in Annapolis for too long, read this book.

Power: Why Some People Have It and Others Don't

Power is addictive, in both a psychological and physical sense. The rush and excitement from being involved in important discussions with senior figures and the ego boost from having people at your beck and call are tough to lose, even if you voluntarily choose to retire or leave and even if you have more money than you could ever spend. In a power- and celebrity-obsessed culture, to be "out of power" is to be out of the limelight, away from the action, and almost invisible.

Yeah, yeah, I know ... It's Alex Jones and Stefan Molyneux, but ...

"There is NO END to power lust. The acquisition of power over other human beings is more addicting than cocaine ... It actually releases the same type of chemical hormones in the brain that a drug addiction does."

"Stroke of the pen, law of the land" - Paul Begala

Attachments

• Gay_Marriage_Maryland_0392f.jpg?uuid=oy-HLGuoEeGsxjL-_HzNZw.jpg
      Gay_Marriage_Maryland_0392f.jpg?uuid=oy-HLGuoEeGsxjL-_HzNZw.jpg
      16.6 KB · Views: 383

Dantheman

Jan 26, 2011
    Punctuation and spelling errors corrected, grammar and syntax count as well when working to make your point.

Please define "their level?"

The level that your on right now. DA DOOSH BAG LEVAL (sp?)

Thank you for your constructive input on the matter at hand.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    What we need to do is change the balance of power in Annapolis. There are several contested battles that we absolutely need to win. District 31 has been gerrymandered into 31A and 31B. 31A was specifically carved out with a majority of registered democrats.

Terry Lynn DeGraw is running as the only Republican candidate. The dems will be throwing a ton of money behind whoever wins their primary. If you want to gain another voice in Annapolis instead of losing even more ground, then get behind this candidate.

Any amount you can donate will help!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-for-Terry-Lynn-DeGraw/715191395160094

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom