• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Not sure how many crabs you have picked. You can make a crab cake out of any and all of the crab minus the limbs. I'm not going to get into a big 'purist' discussion. I'm not making them for a restaurant.
    3-5 crabs equals a cake or 5-6 crabs balls.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No claw meat ever though. I like doing it myself because I get all the shell out. I hate paying a lot of money for a crab cake that I have to pick the shells out of.
    Exactly. It's almost as bad as getting egg shells in your scrambled eggs. In that case, it's a :puke2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Another thing I like to do with my picked crab meat is stuff lobster tails with it. Oh yeah!

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Born and raised in MD. Sadly, the time in my life for big family picking sessions is gone.

When I was a kid, we had family that lived in Charles county. We would go once a year to a place that had the big picnic tables where they would just dump mounds of crabs. It was awesome. Through various life changes including people moving away, deaths, divorces, etc. that old crew is no more. My immediate family is either allergic to shellfish or would rather have a steak.

So for me, my crab fix is relegated to crab cakes. Which I do love. It’s just not as much fun picking by yourself. BUT, this thread has inspired me!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    LOL!

Some like to work off their OCD by picking crabs and gossiping.
    That's dear old mom. She will pick a crab until there is absolutely no meat left on the critter. She's that way about everything.

She's the consummate nit-picker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom