• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Even though I will eat a crab cake every now and again, crab cakes are for people who are too lazy to pick crabs.

(BTW, almost all the crab cakes I eat are from crabs I sat there for a couple hours and picked)
    Then I'm a lazy M'fer lol. I'd much rather have a crab cake, picking crabs is a waste of time IMO. I'd rather eat something beforehand and then pick about four crabs and then I'm done.

Nevar!!!

Actually, the best crab cakes I ever had were made at a little restaurant and bar at the intersection of Linglestown Rd and N. Mountain Rd in Linglestown Pa. It's now called the Eagle Bar and Grill, but back then, it had a different name that I can't remember.
    The Eagle Hotel has been named that since the 1800's. My HS classmate Bill Paterekis' family has owned it since the 1960's.
    What stickers are on your Prius?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The Eagle Hotel has been named that since the 1800's. My HS classmate Bill Paterekis' family has owned it since the 1960's.
    What stickers are on your Prius?
    prius_stickers2-thumb-640xauto-629188.jpg

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Carroll county and crab cakes doesn't really seem to resonate to me for some reason.
    Not saying crab cakes there are any lessor, just seems weird.
    I think a Talbot Co beef bbq festival would be the same way, to be fair.
    Yeah you could get a sandwich or CC at both locations just not the right environment to me.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Carroll county and crab cakes doesn't really seem to resonate to me for some reason.
    Yeah you could get a sandwich or CC at both locations just not the right environment to me.
    This.

That said it wound not surprise me if at least one TC resturant would be there.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    You're like my mother. She goes through all the "picked" crabs and picks them clean. Also, when I pick a couple dozen crabs to make cakes, they are for my wife and daughter(the Missuz ain't much into picking crabs).

I stand by my statement(you saw my parenthetic comment?).
    what about scratching crabs?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Even though I will eat a crab cake every now and again, crab cakes are for people who are too lazy to pick crabs.

(BTW, almost all the crab cakes I eat are from crabs I sat there for a couple hours and picked)
    Real crab cakes are jumbo lump. Not sure how many crabs you have to pick to get a pound, but sure they are more expensive than just dropping 45 bucks for a can.
    Sharon makes a good wasabi crab cake.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    :wave:

My father ripped off the shells and cleaned out the mustard before steaming.
    I got in a big discussion with some dude on Instagram about this. No Marylander in his right mind would pick/clean a crab before steaming them. It also stemmed a "Kill them humanely" before steaming them lol It is the Luke McFadden video Harvey posted in my steamed crab thread.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    @Doctor_M and I can attest that Belisimo's on 140 by 91 in Finksburg makes a pretty good crab cake

Island Green, near the baugher orchard claims to be voted best in the county, but never had one, so can't vouch

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I got in a big discussion with some dude on Instagram about this. No Marylander in his right mind would pick/clean a crab before steaming them. It also stemmed a "Kill them humanely" before steaming them lol It is the Luke McFadden video Harvey posted in my steamed crab thread.
    I have an excuse!

At least I don't drown them in boiling water like those that claim to be from here... :innocent0

My most tender hearted sister (deceased) would get upset hearing them banging around in the pot. :rofl:

We all ate them anyway.

I thought the vinegar and garlic seasoning (no Old Bay) trick would be more controversial.

But that's how he did it sometimes.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    @Doctor_M and I can attest that Belisimo's on 140 by 91 in Finksburg makes a pretty good crab cake

Island Green, near the baugher orchard claims to be voted best in the county, but never had one, so can't vouch
    No doubt up around the corner of 26 I had some good crab cakes one time at a booze party. Some Italian type joint can’t remember.
    Had to drive home in a snow storm afterwards and needed a driver.
    Anyway, regardless of where you get them a good crab cake has a lot of crab in it.
    And bread crumbs/ little bit of mustard I think.
    Theirs a way to pick a crab too to get the lump/ back fin for the right texture for proper grilling/frying when expertly done they say.
    Has to do with the cooking temperatures etc. ( I’m not a cook by any means)
    Bet they’ll be some there at the festival.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My dad is from Islip Long Island and he is pretty good at picking crabs. He's been in MD since 1975 so I guess you just learn to do it.
    Shit, my father's been here since 1955. Like I said way back at the beginning of this thread, crab cakes are mostly for the lazy and unwilling(half kidding).

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Shit, my father's been here since 1955. Like I said way back at the beginning of this thread, crab cakes are mostly for the lazy and unwilling(half kidding).
    I like to make them at home and pick the meat to make them. But yeah crab cakes are for the lazy. They are delicious too. I don't like paying for them though.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Real crab cakes are jumbo lump. Not sure how many crabs you have to pick to get a pound, but sure they are more expensive than just dropping 45 bucks for a can.
    Sharon makes a good wasabi crab cake.
    Not sure how many crabs you have picked. You can make a crab cake out of any and all of the crab minus the limbs. I'm not going to get into a big 'purist' discussion. I'm not making them for a restaurant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom