• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Even though I will eat a crab cake every now and again, crab cakes are for people who are too lazy to pick crabs.

(BTW, almost all the crab cakes I eat are from crabs I sat there for a couple hours and picked)

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Even though I will eat a crab cake every now and again, crab cakes are for people who are too lazy to pick crabs.

(BTW, almost all the crab cakes I eat are from crabs I sat there for a couple hours and picked)
    Strongly disagreeing. The wife and I both pick crabs and then scavenge over our pickings and and any leftovers with the resulting proceeds benefiting crabcake city. we're picking those B*****s twice.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Strongly disagreeing. The wife and I both pick crabs and then scavenge over our pickings and and any leftovers with the resulting proceeds benefiting crabcake city. we're picking those B*****s twice.
    You're like my mother. She goes through all the "picked" crabs and picks them clean. Also, when I pick a couple dozen crabs to make cakes, they are for my wife and daughter(the Missuz ain't much into picking crabs).

I stand by my statement(you saw my parenthetic comment?).

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Presuming you be foolin' about

That video said nothing about what you get for the price of admission

I'm still guessing you get bupkis
    I'm just fooling about...

(Newman, is that you?) :)

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    You're like my mother. She goes through all the "picked" crabs and picks them clean. Also, when I pick a couple dozen crabs to make cakes, they are for my wife and daughter(the Missuz ain't much into picking crabs).

I stand by my statement(you saw my parenthetic comment?).
    Yep - that parenthetic makes a big difference. The Mrs. and I are efficient (read quick) eaters of crab on the first picking. We hate it when the BIL is over and still picking several hours later. It happens though.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yep - that parenthetic makes a big difference. The Mrs. and I are efficient (read quick) eaters of crab on the first picking. We hate it when the BIL is over and still picking several hours later. It happens though.
    My whole family was raised picking crabs(except my father, who is from Brooklyn NY :rolleyes:).

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    My whole family was raised picking crabs(except my father, who is from Brooklyn NY :rolleyes:).
    Ironically, aside from the wife, who is from MD, the rest of us are from PA. My sister and I spent summers in DE growing up and learned our crab picking from family there on the bay. BIL knows the family shortcut to clean steamed crab, but just doesn't pick well/quickly, unless we're talking shrimp.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Quit talking about my lazy ass lol

I am absolutely too lazy to pick crabs. My mom, God rest her soul, made a deal with me when I was very little. If I bought the crabs and cooked them, she would pick them for me forever. Hell she actually explained to my wife that it was her job to pick my crabs after we got married. Yep I am spoiled lol.

Anyway, I am too lazy to pick crabs. I am not to lazy to eat bowls of crabmeat and tons of crab cakes though.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Quit talking about my lazy ass lol

I am absolutely too lazy to pick crabs. My mom, God rest her soul, made a deal with me when I was very little. If I bought the crabs and cooked them, she would pick them for me forever. Hell she actually explained to my wife that it was her job to pick my crabs after we got married. Yep I am spoiled lol.

Anyway, I am too lazy to pick crabs. I am not to lazy to eat bowls of crabmeat and tons of crab cakes though.
    Lol! You sir, have been spoiled in the worst way!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Lol! You sir, have been spoiled in the worst way!
    Ain’t that the truth lol

The misses picked crabs and made crab cakes last week and my lazy ass had to eat the leftover meat to get rid if it. At least I cooked the crabs and cleaned up the mess.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    :wave:
    Ironically, aside from the wife, who is from MD, the rest of us are from PA. My sister and I spent summers in DE growing up and learned our crab picking from family there on the bay. BIL knows the family shortcut to clean steamed crab, but just doesn't pick well/quickly, unless we're talking shrimp.
    My father ripped off the shells and cleaned out the mustard before steaming.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Where's that thread about paying others for work? I'll eat crab all day long but not if I have to pick it. BTDT as a kid; no mo.

Besides, picking at a table there are often douches, babbling about making a hit for Krugerands and cash, or hot big mammeried redheads, or moving; pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom