• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    They did, and it's more of the same, guns are bad you can't have them.
    They are also for enforcement but not if it comes to en-ranging the black community. I wanted to ask them how much money they've asked the Legislator to earmark for prison expansion, rehabilitation but they wouldn't take my question after my 1st one.

She answered it. She said "there are enough African-American black men in jail already".

I guess she means the jail quota of South African white men has not been reached yet.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Sounds like you guys had an interesting day. I sure do hate hearing about these things after the fact. Is there an email list or something that I could get on so that I can try to make it to the next one?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Didn't think to take a lot of pics, with the exception of the hottie in front of me it was kind of a typical lefty looking crowd if you know what I'm saying.

bf712a195d525d763b23561b4b6bce39.jpg

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Didn't think to take a lot of pics, with the exception of the hottie in front of me it was kind of a typical lefty looking crowd if you know what I'm saying.

bf712a195d525d763b23561b4b6bce39.jpg

You could have played musical chairs all afternoon and still had some left over.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks patriots.

Did MPGV mention what they wanted for the Maryland 2017 session ?

They did, they are going after the Domestic violence bill to help prevent further domestic violence.

The weapons free colleges and universities again, to try to lower the incidents of suicide on campus.

They mentioned the no fly list bill, but stated that it was not a part of their agenda this year.

They also mentioned that they are working with the Baltimore City Delegation on a package of bills to make it easier to prosecute those that commit crimes with firearms (worried about victimizing over enforcement).

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My notes from the meeting:

Closing loopholes, no laws to weaken what has been passed for gun control.
    Bill - conviction of domestic violence related conviction not notified to forfeit firearms. (Focus in 2017)
    Bill - Weapons free college campuses (to prevent suicides)
    Bill - No fly zone prohibition (Off the table for now)

Enforcement:
    Baltimore city > 300 homicides, de-prioritize drug crime and prioritize gun crime
    Working with Daniel Webster and JHU on how to make the process work.
    Working to get into the neighborhood to help the “disadvantaged black man”.
    Trying to go after the high priority trigger pullers and work to keep them in custody. (900 people on list)
    Baltimore City health department involved to provide services for those that need it.
    Delegation working on package of bills to make it easier to prosecute those that commit crimes with firearms (worried about victimizing over enforcement)
    + Working with MSP, on illegal gun transfers. working on a relationship to work on enforcement of straw purchases/illegal purchases. (3 total convictions for illegal purchases)

Legislative planning: (Amy ??)
Elected officials want and need to hear from us.
    Discuss bills on social media and get friends and neighbors to contact their elected officials.
    Follow on FB and Twitter and the web page
    Have a house party to get the word out about the organization and get more people involved and invite MDGVP.
    (Lost biggest advocate when Raskin got elected to Congress)
    Show up in Annapolis for bill hearing, testify at the hearings, provide written testimony.

Working on scorecard for elected officials on gun control, currently only focusing on their bills, but will take time.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thanks to you all for doing this today. I wish I had seen this earlier, I may have joined you.

Again, welcome. I heard through our very active grapevine that you were helping at the MSI table in Dundalk before you signed up here.

Look forward to having you join our efforts against The Infringers.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My notes from the meeting:

Closing loopholes, no laws to weaken what has been passed for gun control.
    Bill - conviction of domestic violence related conviction not notified to forfeit firearms. (Focus in 2017)
    Bill - Weapons free college campuses (to prevent suicides)
    Bill - No fly zone prohibition (Off the table for now)

Enforcement:
    Baltimore city > 300 homicides, de-prioritize drug crime and prioritize gun crime
    Working with Daniel Webster and JHU on how to make the process work.
    Working to get into the neighborhood to help the “disadvantaged black man”.
    Trying to go after the high priority trigger pullers and work to keep them in custody. (900 people on list)
    Baltimore City health department involved to provide services for those that need it.
    Delegation working on package of bills to make it easier to prosecute those that commit crimes with firearms (worried about victimizing over enforcement)
    + Working with MSP, on illegal gun transfers. working on a relationship to work on enforcement of straw purchases/illegal purchases. (3 total convictions for illegal purchases)

Legislative planning: (Amy ??)
Elected officials want and need to hear from us.
    Discuss bills on social media and get friends and neighbors to contact their elected officials.
    Follow on FB and Twitter and the web page
    Have a house party to get the word out about the organization and get more people involved and invite MDGVP.
    (Lost biggest advocate when Raskin got elected to Congress)
    Show up in Annapolis for bill hearing, testify at the hearings, provide written testimony.

Working on scorecard for elected officials on gun control, currently only focusing on their bills, but will take time.

This may have been a small blessing in disguise. The weasel Ratskin goes from being a big gun grabbing fish in a small pond to being just another member of the opposition on Capitol Hill.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Thanks for the update on the meeting and thanks for all those attended! Sounds like you guys had a good afternoon

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This may have been a small blessing in disguise. The weasel Ratskin goes from being a big gun grabbing fish in a small pond to being just another member of the opposition on Capitol Hill.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    So, did we learn what laws they want to pass to punish someone who commits suicide? <sarcasm>

I alternate laughing and crying. The Stroller Mom Gun Haters are just clueless.

In one breath they declare they want to put up obstacles to suicidal people being able to buy firearms, but suicidal people often report having those feelings for YEARS, if not DECADES.

And in the next breath they declare they are not interferring with the 2A.

So unless the do-gooders want to create one-to-ten-year waiting periods to take possession of purchased firearms the Stroller Moms are out of luck.

Just once I would like to see the "Firearm 7-day Wait" tied to the Stroller Moms having a 7-day wait to take possession of alcohol for their wine box parties. We would see the 7-day wait for us and for them dropped in a flash.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So, did we learn what laws they want to pass to punish someone who commits suicide? <sarcasm>

I so badly wanted to tell whichever one's sister that offed herself that if the sister had a history of drug abuse that she LIED on the beloved background check when she purchased that 8 minute gun and that she had broken the law.

These are classic residents of planet delusional. Let's just pass another law and that will make everything all right. I told the psychiatrist afterwards that I would love to live in her world, not sure if she got it....

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL

These are classic residents of planet delusional. Let's just pass another law and that will make everything all right. I told the psychiatrist afterwards that I would love to live in her world, not sure if she got it....

Non-native speakers rarely get those little nuances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom