• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Sorry I missed it. Needed some work hours at the club.

Attachments

• 20161211_144606[1].jpg
      20161211_144606[1].jpg
      42.8 KB · Views: 258

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Well that was an interesting way to spend the afternoon.

I was standing at the register in Potbelly and a gentleman walks up and asks if I was attending a meeting at a library. :tinfoil: Turns out he is an MSI member from Carroll County and a longtime lurker here. He joined us for lunch and fit right in.

We made our way over to the Library and met up with dblas, Mark and Mr. H in the parking lot. The ladies from MPGV actually came by and invited us to the meeting.

Counting the gentleman who came late, there were about 9 of us and I counted 11 of the unicorn chasers. The meeting started with a tag team monologue which loosely couched the "guns are bad, gun laws are good" theme and then they opened it up to questions. One of the first questions concerning lawmaker scorecards was asked by the sock puppet boy who has attended the HPRB meetings.

The misnamed Silent Partner then asked what the effect of FSA2013 was having on the violence in Baltimorgue. When many statistics were cited including from CT and Missouri SP kept asking them to answer the question. After some push back by the gals leading the meeting and a few angry libs in the audience he was asked to leave which he politely declined telling them that it was an open meeting and they couldn't make him leave. :moon: "Oh yes I can!" said the one gal :tantrum: and went to tattle to the librarian and called AACo PD.

After other questions by R&R about why they were spending time monitoring the HPRB meetings instead of using their scant (according to them) resources on the revolving door of Nolle Pros in Baltimore and a philosophical query from the gentleman from Carroll County questioning why they were spending their time trying to get more laws passed that only affect the law abiding, the boys in blue showed up and politely declined to get involved. :lol2:

After the meeting was over there was some side discussion with a few of the antis by dblas, W2D and others.

Basically it was an MDS meet up with a little bit of the antis flailing away in the middle.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Hot coffee spurting out my nose ...

Well that was an interesting way to spend the afternoon.

I was standing at the register in Potbelly and a gentleman walks up and asks if I was attending a meeting at a library. :tinfoil: Turns out he is an MSI member from Carroll County and a longtime lurker here. He joined us for lunch and fit right in.

We made our way over to the Library and met up with dblas, Mark and Mr. H in the parking lot. The ladies from MPGV actually came by and invited us to the meeting.

Counting the gentleman who came late, there were about 9 of us and I counted 11 of the unicorn chasers. The meeting started with a tag team monologue which loosely couched the "guns are bad, gun laws are good" theme and then they opened it up to questions. One of the first questions concerning lawmaker scorecards was asked by the sock puppet boy who has attended the HPRB meetings.

The misnamed Silent Partner then asked what the effect of FSA2013 was having on the violence in Baltimorgue. When many statistics were cited including from CT and Missouri SP kept asking them to answer the question. After some push back by the gals leading the meeting and a few angry libs in the audience he was asked to leave which he politely declined telling them that it was an open meeting and they couldn't make him leave. :moon: "Oh yes I can!" said the one gal :tantrum: and went to tattle to the librarian and called AACo PD.

After other questions by R&R about why they were spending time monitoring the HPRB meetings instead of using their scant (according to them) resources on the revolving door of Nolle Pros in Baltimore and a philosophical query from the gentleman from Carroll County questioning why they were spending their time trying to get more laws passed that only affect the law abiding, the boys in blue showed up and politely declined to get involved. :lol2:

After the meeting was over there was some side discussion with a few of the antis by dblas, W2D and others.

Basically it was an MDS meet up with a little bit of the antis flailing away in the middle.

Dave Barry couldn't have written a better after-action report !!!

Attachments

• animated_laughing.gif
      animated_laughing.gif
      24.3 KB · Views: 247

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I've got to share this nugget as well.

I was sitting a seat away from the sock puppet boy and his ubiquitous notebook that he brought to the HPRB meetings and was constantly heads down in the book and scribbling away. Same deal here, he's going at it fast and furious and looking like we could eventually be reading a BOLO for him after the next mass shooting, this guy has that "use all three names to describe a serial killer" look to him.

I mean this guy is going at it like a poor man's court stenographer. I'm sure he went home to a Doritos and empty Pepsi can strewn parents' basement and scanned them to a PDF and sent to Cousin Vinny toot sweet.

So we're about 30 mins, and three single spaced pages in, when Silent Partner does his thing and when calm finally ensues sock puppet boy stops, puts the pen down and turns around and is just staring at SP. And staring, and staring, almost like he's trying to conjure up the spirit of Sarah Brady to strike SP lifeless or at least burn out his retinas. It's at this uncomfortable juncture when SP just turns and deadpans to him "WHAT?" "Go back to your doodling!"

I'm :rofl: on the inside while sock puppet boy turns around and contemplates sucking his thumb in public....

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Silent Partner BRUNG IT!

God bless him. I was worried about him standing around in the cold without a coat until I realized his internal damnation hellfires is what keeps him warm, LOL.

After two of these meetings with the same 7-8 gun haters showing up, it is clear this org is all hat and no cattle. Our job is to challenge them when they attempt to get in front of legislators or the media parading their phony Bloomberg data.

Great summation Stoveman...always great to hangout with The Brotherhood of the MDS!

Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    I’d like to thank R&R and Stoveman for such an entertaining afternoon, and Stoveman for the recommendation to dine at Potbelly’s, I had a great sandwich. I’d also like to thank Dblas, W2D, Jimboy, and the new guy from Carroll County for their attendance.

To Liz, Please leave MPGV as you’re to intelligent, from our previous conversation, to be associated with such a misguided organization. You have a reputation to protect.

To Jen, What can I say but you are so misguided it isn’t funny and I intend to dismantle FSA2013 in all it’s components. By your own admission “Guns are a weapon of war and no one should have one” just goes against everything this country was founded on. “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness”.

To Amy, I’m terribly sorry your sister committed suicide, truly I am, but FSA2013 in Michigan or any other State would not have prevented that. Suicide is a mental illness and no law will prevent one from taking their own life. If people will not obey God’s law “Thou shalt not kill” why would they follow any other law?

Prior to meeting Jen approached to introduce herself and we exchanged names. As was previously mentioned the MPGV opening was a tag team, each providing input. From beginning to end everything stated was a lie, and took everything I had not to interrupt, after all it was their meeting and it would have been rude. I waited for others to ask questions to get a feel for the receptiveness of opposing views which during their speel they said they understood. When I had an opening I asked “How FSA2013 reduced murder in Baltimore” Knowing it had not and apparently they did as well as Jen admitted they saw a spike and they and the Police could not explain it, but when on to cite made up stats from Webster on Connecticut, and Missouri, to save face with their legions. I finally had enough and could no longer tolerate lies and misinformation and asked her to answer the question. Instead of doing so they tried to stifle the truth by asking me to leave and when that didn’t work said they were calling the police.

Both Liz & Jen said they had acquired their HQL and cited $65 for prints, 150 for training but didn’t mention the cost of travel to & from, time off work or other associated costs. What they fail to understand is not everyone has the resources to fund the protection of life or the transportation or computer to file the required documents.

Stoveman thanks for the kind words, he was fun to play with. I was waiting for him to cry.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thanks patriots.

Did MPGV mention what they wanted for the Maryland 2017 session ?

More laws. They say "more laws" is the answer to everything, even suicide and gang violence in Baltimore.

They say, without irony, that they are "not against the 2nd Amendment", just guns--especially those Wespons of War out on our streets", (she said before getting into her 300+ horsepower car and texting while driving "on our streets").

And thanks Fabs, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Silent Partner

Nov 18, 2015
    The Hereford Zone
    Thanks patriots.

Did MPGV mention what they wanted for the Maryland 2017 session ?

They did, and it's more of the same, guns are bad you can't have them.
    They are also for enforcement but not if it comes to en-ranging the black community. I wanted to ask them how much money they've asked the Legislator to earmark for prison expansion, rehabilitation but they wouldn't take my question after my 1st one.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    More laws. They say "more laws" is the answer to everything, even suicide and gang violence in Baltimore.

They say, without irony, that they are "not against the 2nd Amendment", just guns--especially those Wespons of War on out streets"--(she said before getting into her 300+ horsepower car and texting while driving "on our streets").

And thanks Fabs, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

More laws aren't the answer. A brighter future and a better education are the answers for Baltimore. The devil is in the details. Baltimore City already gets more money per student than any other county in Maryland, yet it has the worst test scores. I believe it has a lot to do with culture and government.

Drugs are illegal, most of the guns on the street in Baltimore are illegal. It has not stopped anything in decades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom