• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    OK... need some technical advice here... I'm looking at picking up a CZ 75 model pistol and I am wondering what the differences are between the CZ-75B and the CZ-75 SP01? I know that the SP-01 comes with the dust cover and rail. I'm more interested in fitting for other barrels such as .40S&W, .357Sig, etc. I want to interchange calibers on the same frame. Can I do so with the SP-01 just like I could with the 75B model?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    OK... need some technical advice here... I'm looking at picking up a CZ 75 model pistol and I am wondering what the differences are between the CZ-75B and the CZ-75 SP01? I know that the SP-01 comes with the dust cover and rail. I'm more interested in fitting for other barrels such as .40S&W, .357Sig, etc. I want to interchange calibers on the same frame. Can I do so with the SP-01 just like I could with the 75B model?

Functionally very much the same gun. Differences include:

Rail, sights, grip length, grips, I think the slide has a different texture, and maybe the hammer. The CZ75B will be a little better in small hands. SP01 easily takes 19rd mags, but they fit in the B with drop as well.

If you like the rail and other features but like a smaller gun you may want to go for a P-01. Both my CZ75B and P01 are flawless.

As for other barrels, I wouldnt do this with a CZ they really need fitted which is pricey. Also for .40 S&W you need a new slide assembly which last I checked CZ didnt sell subs. I was jonsing for a CZ in .357 sig and after pricing the custom shops fine work, I ultimately decided to go with the Sig 226 instead as barrels and slides drop in and switch quicker.

That said I am a huge CZ fan and can see another arriving at some date in the future when my current two get a little more wear and tear.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Nice CZ you have there, very nice!

I love CZ's, my only gripe about them is the triggers. I can rework them but they are some of the most Pain in the butt triggers to work on.

That's what I've been told. Luckily they are pretty damn good out of the box.

I was told the new Omega trigers are worse out of the box but easier to work on.

That gun the op is looking at is $1450 gun.
    http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-Pro-Tek-1.aspx

The good news is that CZ Custom will ship CZ with spend shell casings which is sometimes a problem. I bought my CZ from them. The other good news is that for that money you're getting a gun worked on by Angus Hobdell's CZ Custom shop and for those that don't know he's a USPSA shooter that is usually in the Top 10 and the only one that uses a CZ.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I really like my CZ-75b. Still getting used to it. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here with one like it. Anyone else have red stars on the side and a serial number starting with CCCP?

Jim

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You don't mean like the one sitting on the floor in my living room do you? I also have a 75-B in .40 and say what you will I LOVE THAT GUN. It's probably my favorite semi-auto that I own.

Attachments

• Commie CZ.jpg
      Commie CZ.jpg
      105.6 KB · Views: 300

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    The only thing I don't like about the B is the grip is a little short for my hand; the SP-01 fits better. That said, I am willing to go with the more flexible option. I know they sell an SP-01 tactical in .40 & 9mm; I thought someone on here had a .357sig barrel for theirs (E.Shell maybe?).

Why can't I buy both!!!????? Waaaaaaa!!!! Ah well, if you had a choice, which would you buy?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The only thing I don't like about the B is the grip is a little short for my hand; the SP-01 fits better. That said, I am willing to go with the more flexible option. I know they sell an SP-01 tactical in .40 & 9mm; I thought someone on here had a .357sig barrel for theirs (E.Shell maybe?).

Why can't I buy both!!!????? Waaaaaaa!!!! Ah well, if you had a choice, which would you buy?

9mm would be my first choice, though at some point I do want to get a P06 or other variant in .40 S&W

The .357 barrels can be done, its just easier in the Sig (and I do love the caliber, picked up some Georgia Arms reloads at Chantilly they are reasonable at $16 pack and shoot extremely well. Once I get a pile of brass I am going to do some custom loads).

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I really like my CZ-75b. Still getting used to it. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here with one like it. Anyone else have red stars on the side and a serial number starting with CCCP?

Jim

It's a commemorative edition. They are making a limited quantity of them for the collector's market.

itsatrap

Jan 6, 2011
    MoCo
    I like the cz's allot, never fired one, but they have to be good for them to be in business for so long. Also it seems a vast majority of the people here like them.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I love the 75, both new and old!!

P1090604.jpg

P1090605.jpg

They're all good. Ya' just gotta figure out which one is right for you.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Ehh I've got a toy or 2. But to the OP i have CZickness as well. They are accurate as all hell for a combat pistol, my .40 has never jammed (9 is loaded but never shot and I doubt I will). The trigger does take a little work (snap caps) but after that it's just fine! I actually bought my .40 from a member on here and it was an exceptionally pleasant transaction and he was a good guy! I NEED to eventually get the SP-01.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    You don't mean like the one sitting on the floor in my living room do you? I also have a 75-B in .40 and say what you will I LOVE THAT GUN. It's probably my favorite semi-auto that I own.

I looked at one of these today, not a bad gun for $599. They only made 999 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom