• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    A while back I purchased a CZ-75b Matte Stainless pistol in 9mm. It was my first pistol I had purchased for a long time. I have probably put 2500 rounds through it. Since then I have purchased others... XD, Beretta, Browning HP, 1911, M&P, etc...

No matter what I do I simply cannot shoot anything as well as I can shoot the CZ's. I am infatuated with them. I have since bought a CZ-75b SA and a Kadet kit (.22lr adapter). The Kadet kit has been fun but is not a tack driver. BUT... the CZ's have all been awesome! They feel so good and are accurate for me. I also think they are nice looking to boot! Yes, I know... I have a sickness. I cannot help myself.

It has gotten worse though... I stumbled upon the below CZ PCR and now I simply must have it! Is there a place to get help?

Phil

Attachments

• ProTek1.jpg
      ProTek1.jpg
      44.7 KB · Views: 678

Fallschirmjaager

Consumer Whore
    Aug 16, 2009
    Airstrip One/MoCo
    I don't know if it'll help, but you could try getting addicted to Styers instead...

A CZ is not far off on my list though. I held one recently and was reminded just how insainly high quality they are for what's usually a really good price.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thats whats great about CZ's and accurate, they all ride inside the frame (as do EAA Tango and other copies).

There is a sweet P06 at Gun Rack used that keeps calling my name for layaway...............

hakr100

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Hmmmm. Maybe I can get some help for my 9mm problem here!

I'm shopping for a new pistol, which ain't easy in southern Maryland, because we don't have many gun shops with what I would call deep inventory.

I've owned a Glock 34, which I traded for a Sig X-5, which I sold. I liked the Sig, but I wasn't using it in competition, and though it was a sweet shooter, I was always afraid of dinging it. Arrgh.

Anyway, I've been toying around with getting an XD, or maybe a plainjane Sig P226, and a buddy suggested I take a look at some of the CZ's in 9mm.

So, I wandered over to the CZ site and "found" the CZ 75 SP01 Shadow, which looks like a really nice pistol to me, and it does have ambi safeties, which I prefer.

I'm wondering how good a shoot the Shadow is, and whether it is in the same category, accuracy wise, as a P226 (non X-5) Sig. I assume it is at least as good as the the XD, and also whether there are any issues that should concern me.

Suggestions? Advice?

billprudden

Nov 24, 2008
    Very interesting....the slide fits INSIDE the frame....never seen that in a handgun before.

Take apart a Sig210 and CZ-75 side by side and two things jump out at you:

1) Both have full-length rails for the slide to travel on
    2) Both have very low slide mass compared to the weight of the frame

oh yeah, and 3) Both shoot better than we do.

I have many thousands of rounds through my 75 and aside from breaking three take-down pins have no complaints. And that, it seems, can be fixed with a stronger recoil spring.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom