• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick0212

Sep 4, 2015
    New Glock 43

I just bought a new Glock 43 and will be looking for pocket holsters. Last time I went to the HoCo show there were plenty to choose from.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Got word, the kid and his wife will be coming down on Saturday. Looks like I'll be at the show on Sunday now.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Hopefully Shooters Discount will be there but up to this point it has been a VERY TRYING TIME AND DIFFICULT ENDEAVOR with things STILL to be worked out and worked on later this evening (as of typing this, it's 11:20 PM now).

Lou, i hope everything is alright! i hope you can make it, :thumbsup:

I'm already set up now and home. It was just a REAL ROCKY start yesterday and it got much worse before it got better.

One general piece of advice: never buy a knife at a gun show. I don't understand how the knife vendors can price they way they do at gun shows when you can get the exact same knife on amazon for literally, not figuratively, half the price.

Then I guess knife vendors don't "CUT" any deals.:lol2:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I'm already set up now and home. It was just a REAL ROCKY start yesterday and it got much worse before it got better.

Then I guess knife vendors don't "CUT" any deals.:lol2:

i saw your tables when i got there. glad everything worked out.:thumbsup:

DollZ

Sep 11, 2015
    Thanks for the advice.

Thank YoU for asking these questions, this will be my husbands and my first gun show

I have my HQL number but no card yet, does this mean we can only look around? Or do vendors accept HQL numbers?

Does sound like there will be a lot to see and learn even if that is all we can do
    Thanks Folks :)

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    Most shops require HQL in hand. Someone will be along shortly to say it's illegal otherwise. Someone else will tell you that any reasonable place will take just the number. But most will require the card to submit paperwork, right, wrong, or otherwise.

That said, some places (many? most?) will let you put down a deposit to guarantee price and reserve the product while you wait. But you won't be able to do paperwork or start your 8-day wait without your card.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thank YoU for asking these questions, this will be my husbands and my first gun show

I have my HQL number but no card yet, does this mean we can only look around? Or do vendors accept HQL numbers?

As per the MSP Firearms Dealer's Seminar last August (2014) straight out of Captain Thompson's mouth, the HQL MUST be present in physical form (in hand) at time of filling out the application; an HQL number (otherwise no physical HQL present, is a NO-GO). Just think of it as a driver's license; if you get pulled over while driving and don't have your driver's license with you, it's very possible you're going to be arrested, though in most cases, only a summons is issued and you'll have to go to court to fight it. So HQL in hand is a must to purchase a handgun.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Could a buyer lay a way the firearm, until the HQL arrives. Maybe a 99% deposit on the firearm? Just so it can't be said the firearm was actually purchased before the HQL had arrived.

Just a thought.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Could a buyer lay a way the firearm, until the HQL arrives. Maybe a 99% deposit on the firearm? Just so it can't be said the firearm was actually purchased before the HQL had arrived.

Just a thought.

My company, Shooters Discount does this ^^^ with "paid in full - cash only".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom