Admission is $9.00
    Kids under 16 FREE with a paying adult

i will do my best to be there both days!~
    stop buy and say hello.:)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Shooters Discount will be there with out really the koolest stuff. Hopefully we will see some more really neat kooler stuff in time for this show.:D

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    South Carroll Sporting Goods will be there also with lots o guns for sale! Rifles and shotguns for the upcoming hunting season and plenty of Milsurp rifles for you collectors/shooters out there! Stop by and say Hi.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I will be there with MD STATE RIFLE AND PISTOL ASSOCIATION, hawking chances for a
    M1 Carbine!

500 tickets, each ticket $10.00 and the money goes to fund the current lawsuits to repeal parts of the Firearm Safety Act of 2013!

If we sell out of tickets this weekend, we will pick the winner after the last ticket is sold!

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Wow, just went through getting stuff ready for the show. We'll have about 60 longguns at the show, new / used. Stop on by and see us!!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'll be taking my son there Saturday for his first gun show! He's 13months. Gotta start em early.

He's even to young to eat jerky. But maybe you can find some socks in his size.

Just joking, for all that love our gun shows...

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Anyone there buying antiques? I have a model 1868 Springfield that I'm looking to sell to help finance my USGI 1911 addiction.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I plan to be there on Saturday with a few M1 Garands. I'll be the senior citizen with a Steelers cap and a Garand or two over the shoulder.

Lew--Ranger63

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Hopefully Shooters Discount will be there but up to this point it has been a VERY TRYING TIME AND DIFFICULT ENDEAVOR with things STILL to be worked out and worked on later this evening (as of typing this, it's 11:20 PM now).

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Hopefully Shooters Discount will be there but up to this point it has been a VERY TRYING TIME AND DIFFICULT ENDEAVOR with things STILL to be worked out and worked on later this evening (as of typing this, it's 11:20 PM now).

Lou, i hope everything is alright!
    you are a main attraction at this show. i hope you can make it, :thumbsup:

Aug 31, 2015
    Germantown
    I have a question. I'm a new firearm owner and member so excuse the ignorance the ignorance. I just purchased a regulated fire arm. (I'm actually in the 7 day wait) If I find something at the show that I want, do I have to pass it up or do they just hold it for another 30 days? Secondly, what is the value of a show if I cant get the firearm immediately at the price that makes it worth the immediate purchase when I then have to factor in gas and time to pickup. I guess what I'm trying to ask is for advice on navigating gun shows for neophytes.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    It's up to the dealer, BUT, there is NO reason in the LAW that you cannot pay for the pistol and let the dealer hold it until your 30 day wait is up. Then the dealer can send in the paperwork.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I have a question. I'm a new firearm owner and member so excuse the ignorance the ignorance. I just purchased a regulated fire arm. (I'm actually in the 7 day wait) If I find something at the show that I want, do I have to pass it up or do they just hold it for another 30 days? Secondly, what is the value of a show if I cant get the firearm immediately at the price that makes it worth the immediate purchase when I then have to factor in gas and time to pickup. I guess what I'm trying to ask is for advice on navigating gun shows for neophytes.

Unregulated firearms are cash and carry. Regulated firearms are handled the same way as if you bought in a gun shop. As for the 30 day wait, Before I got my collector's paperwork, the local dealers used the date of delivery and not the date of purchase to start the 30 day clock. The value of the gun shows to me is that you have a phenomenal selection in one place and you don't have to drive around to find what you want. If you're looking for the proverbial Gun show loophole" you won't find it in Maryland.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

Know what you want, know the prices. Walk around and have fun. I have been going to gun shows for 30+ years. I enjoy just looking. I have bought many parts and misc stuff from them. I can't emphasize enough to know the reasonable process on firearms you are looking for. Some dealers will mark up prices to cover costs of transporting and the show itself. Some dealers will have great prices. Some don't have the courtesy to give you a reach around.

Long story short. Go, have fun. HoCo is always a decent show.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    One general piece of advice: never buy a knife at a gun show. I don't understand how the knife vendors can price they way they do at gun shows when you can get the exact same knife on amazon for literally, not figuratively, half the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom