• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    HoCo Gun Buyback, False Alarm

http://www.howardcountymd.gov/gunbuyback.htm

It's $100 for any gun. It does say "residents" can sell in guns so I'm assuming Hoco residents only. But then, it won't be anonymous. It also says that they will only buy a "complete firearm, but will not buy gun parts or pellet/BB guns," so I'm assuming that means no frames.

buyback_poster.jpg

Last edited:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I wish I could be the guy buying some for $100. Some are probably junk but might be some nice ones who knows. :D

Come stand out there with us. I plan on going. I was at the recent Laurel buyback along with some others. We didn't snag anything good, but at least we were there as defiance.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm going to duct tape my PPS-43 kit together and try and turn it in. They paid $100 cash for some busted ass Montgomery Wards shotguns last time. I had to wait like an hour though, because so many people showed up to turn in junk.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm showing up with the Spanish Mauser receiver and try to convince them to pay for it, haha. I came across this buyback because I Googled "Maryland gun buyback" to find the next one to dump it off at.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=145711

I'm going to duct tape my PPS-43 kit together and try and turn it in. They paid $100 cash for some busted ass Montgomery Wards shotguns last time. I had to wait like an hour though, so many people showed up to turn in junk.

Is that a Browning High Power pictured in the flyer?

Yes it is, it's a Mk.III FN Hi Power. I guess that's because it's Hoco. If it were for PG county, it would be a Glock, Hi Point, Jennings, etc.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Can we get an ffl in the parking lot, have a sign that says gun buyback at $ 125 and buy them before that hit the door.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Only complete firearms? Limit of 3? Sounds like they figured out this forum's plans :D

There was a user here who traded in a ton of junk pistols and ended up with a VZ2008 as a result. Let's hope all of the buybacks don't wise up so one of us may be able to repeat that user's feat

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    But how can it be anonymous if it's only open to HoCo residents? They'd have to check your license or something to make sure you were a county resident

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    But how can it be anonymous if it's only open to HoCo residents? They'd have to check your license or something to make sure you were a county resident

I turned in some junk last year. The county resident bit is on the honor system, I could have been from Timbuktu for all they knew.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      30.6 KB · Views: 645

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads