• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I bought this Mauser receiver today at the gun show for a very good price. I'll probably offer it for sale in the classifieds as a paperweight, and if it doesn't sell, eventually take it to a gun buyback to cash in on.

I thought it would be interesting to show off. As you can see, it still has "Mauser Espanol" and Loewe of Ludwig-Loewe (making it legally an antique) visible. The markings were mostly scrubbed when the Spanish rebuilt it (presumably into a M1916 carbine or something), along with cutting the thumb notchfor clips and the gas relief hole. Interestingly enough, someone just straight up cut the barrel off, leaving the threaded portion inside the receiver.

P1010002_zps0d73feae.jpg

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    uhm, why did they not just remove the barrel?

This just seems a little ridiculous

No idea, but probably the same stupid reason that it has thick black spray paint on it. Damn Bubba. However, it was very well priced. If I can get $75 out of it at a buyback, that would be great.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Lol, good idea. Liberal media thinks that criminals are turning in AKs, ARs and Glocks at gun buybacks, the reality is you're more likely to get things like this off the street.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I say use the serial number and turn it into a 2016 Presidential Election gun of some sort.

Get donations, build a gun out of it, and present it to the new 2016 Republican President.

Mount it on a plaque and present it as an award or something like that.

Or photos of it turned into Pro-2A bumper stickers.

Come on. Use your imagination.

Are you selling it as an Antique ( pre Jan 1, 1899) ??? Is there a date stamp on the receiver???

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I say use the serial number and turn it into a 2016 Presidential Election gun of some sort.

Get donations, build a gun out of it, and present it to the new 2016 Republican President.

Mount it on a plaque and present it as an award or something like that.

Or photos of it turned into Pro-2A bumper stickers.

Come on. Use your imagination.

Are you selling it as an Antique ( pre Jan 1, 1899) ??? Is there a date stamp on the receiver???

I have no idea if the receiver is still in spec. You can see in the picture that the front recoil lug is slightly peened, so that's one thing wrong with it.

It is an antique, because it is Ludwig Loewe marked. Ludwig Loewe absorbed another company in 1896 and became DWM, therefore, no Ludwig Loewe marked guns were made after 1896.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I have no idea if the receiver is still in spec. You can see in the picture that the front recoil lug is slightly peened, so that's one thing wrong with it.

It is an antique, because it is Ludwig Loewe marked. Ludwig Loewe absorbed another company in 1896 and became DWM, therefore, no Ludwig Loewe marked guns were made after 1896.

Oops!

I'm dig'in that paperweight idea then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom