• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    You're wasting your time going to buy. Everything and everyone stays in the car until the cops remove it. I think they even chased away a guy with a sign last year.

Last years was mobbed. So many people showed up the wait was hours long. The way it is organized you don't even get out of your car. The cops take your junk and hand you cash along with a handwritten receipt.

gstaniii

Oct 11, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I still remember reading about the guy who turned/sold in a Glock17 last time they did this. He was the feel-good poster boy of the whole event. Howard Co. Times is probably still praising him a year later.

wheelgun

Feb 23, 2009
    Hmmm...

Anonymous, so how will they know how many guns you've turned in?

Let me see, people are going to the Dorsey Building, staying in their car, while a copper walks up to the registered vehicle and removes whatever weapon is being turned in. Anyone who thinks they're remaining anonymous is just making things far too easy for the PD. Sort of like thinking firearms purchase records aren't retained. Good luck.:tinfoil:

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    Come stand out there with us. I plan on going. I was at the recent Laurel buyback along with some others. We didn't snag anything good, but at least we were there as defiance.

Care if a non resident comes and stands with you? PCSed here from Colorado and have no intention on being a Maryland resident, but I am willing to stand with you.

SSG Baker

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    no exemption in md's transport laws for "gun buy back". anyone transporting a regulated firearm to one of these events is in violation of md law, no?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Let's hope it's not a repeat of last year where there were thousands of rounds of ammo, a Glock, several vintage revolvers, etc.
    Just sucks to see that stuff.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Awwwww, just read limit of 3... Would only make around $75 on my plan.

You don't have friends and family that can help? I'd bring my wife, parents, and 2 brothers. lol

I really hate the principle of this BS. You guys that are making a little cash on this are probably screwing yourselves in the bigger picture. Kind of the penny wise, dollar foolish mentality. Yeah, you get some easy money today, but risk the backlash to the 2nd Amendment that these things cause.

The one they did last year cost $65,000, which at $100 a gun means that 650 guns were turned in.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    1) I have a few junk guns that I would give away before I would EVER consider helping the HoCo PD gun grab look good to the antis and main stream media.

SELLING EVEN YOUR GARBAGE HELPS THEIR CAUSE!!!

2) Anonymous? ********!!! Guns are to be unloaded and left in the trunk, where an officer will retrieve them. Between the officers and the surveillance cameras, does anyone honestly believe that license plates, vehicles, and the occupants of those vehicles aren't being recorded??? Sell them an unregistered NFA item or something that comes back tied to a crime and see how 'anonymous' this buyback really is.

No disrespect to the pro-2A lawmen here, but there is NO WAY I would trust the Howard County PD or any other agency that is participating in a politically motivated, voluntary seizure of firearms.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I am going with 4 friends we are all going to turn in 3 beat to crap guns and with the 1200 We made We will be sitting with a sign that reads "Do not destroy History Sell us your gun for $125"

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    1) I have a few junk guns that I would give away before I would EVER consider helping the HoCo PD gun grab look good to the antis and main stream media.

SELLING EVEN YOUR GARBAGE HELPS THEIR CAUSE!!!

2) Anonymous? ********!!! Guns are to be unloaded and left in the trunk, where an officer will retrieve them. Between the officers and the surveillance cameras, does anyone honestly believe that license plates, vehicles, and the occupants of those vehicles aren't being recorded??? Sell them an unregistered NFA item or something that comes back tied to a crime and see how 'anonymous' this buyback really is.

No disrespect to the pro-2A lawmen here, but there is NO WAY I would trust the Howard County PD or any other agency that is participating in a politically motivated, voluntary seizure of firearms.

100% agree. I have just one POS among my collection, a Jennings .22 pistol, that I would sooner put to a band saw before turning in to support their stunt.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    100% agree. I have just one POS among my collection, a Jennings .22 pistol, that I would sooner put to a band saw before turning in to support their stunt.

I have a few peices I will be turning in to help with my new krink build they can have my trash for 100 bucks a gun

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I have a few peices I will be turning in to help with my new krink build they can have my trash for 100 bucks a gun
    And your shit will be all over the table for the HoCo PD to gloat to the news cameras about what a success their buyback was. All at taxpayer expense.

My principals won't allow me to give aid to my enemies. But, to each his own.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    And your shit will be all over the table for the HoCo PD to gloat to the news cameras about what a success their buyback was. All at taxpayer expense.

My principals won't allow me to give aid to my enemies. But, to each his own.
    yup I will let them pay for something duck taped together out of the 4 people I have going with me thats $1200 I'm thinking a beltfeed now or buy something that fits my fancy there and use the cash they give me to buy them

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    yup I will let them pay for something duck taped together out of the 4 people I have going with me thats $1200 I'm thinking a beltfeed now or buy something that fits my fancy there and use the cash they give me to buy them

Ah, stuck in the small picture and failing to see the big picture. Living for today, because tomorrow might never get here. When tomorrow gets here though, then it is "oh crap" time. If you have kids, tomorrow will eventually be here for them.

The metaphors are probably being lost in space, but such is life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom