• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ParadigmShift

Mar 29, 2013
    Hi, I just joined. My husband and I became interested in this sight in light of what's happening politically. After many years of banning guns in the house while my children were growing up, I have had a change of heart and we are in the process....as slow as it is....of obtaining guns. I never felt they should be banned, just my choice to not risk having them around my children when they were young. Never thought of changing that view until recent events have threatened this right. Hence, my screen name.

ParadigmShift

Mar 29, 2013
    Welcome to both the site, and the good fight! Find out who your delegates are and call them today!

What are you looking to buy... and for what purpose?

Looking mostly for home defense. We have gone to a shooting range and tried several. I settled on a M&P 9 and am waiting for it to clear. Day 40 is April 1. I've signed up for some shooting and safety classes that I'm hopeful I will get in to, though they fill fast. I hope to have my gun before I go to the class so I can get comfortable with it rather than a rental.

Looking mostly for home defense. We have gone to a shooting range and tried several. I settled on a M&P 9 and am waiting for it to clear. Day 40 is April 1. I've signed up for some shooting and safety classes that I'm hopeful I will get in to, though they fill fast. I hope to have my gun before I go to the class so I can get comfortable with it rather than a rental.

Welcome! And glad to see that you're going about this the sensible way! :)

Enjoying that 7 day waiting period???

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    The M&P is a fine choice! Congratulations. The wait is killing all of us...

I bought my first handgun for defensive reasons too. I wasn't raised around guns but living in Baltimore City changed my opinion of their usefulness. Once I started shooting I realized how fun and challenging it was as a sport.

Probably the biggest impact we can have moving forward is exposure. Once you are comfortable with your handgun, invite some non-shooting friends out. That big ol' grin most people get when first shooting is a wonderful thing to pass along.

Waitwhat

Feb 19, 2013
    As someone who bought my first handgun in January, I feel your pain, especially since it sounds like people are having to wait even longer than I did (≈ 1 month).

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT]

ParadigmShift

Mar 29, 2013
    The M&P is a fine choice! Congratulations. The wait is killing all of us...

I bought my first handgun for defensive reasons too. I wasn't raised around guns but living in Baltimore City changed my opinion of their usefulness. Once I started shooting I realized how fun and challenging it was as a sport.

Probably the biggest impact we can have moving forward is exposure. Once you are comfortable with your handgun, invite some non-shooting friends out. That big ol' grin most people get when first shooting is a wonderful thing to pass along.

I will. My sister is already asking and I met some people at my church. How I found out about the classes.

ParadigmShift

Mar 29, 2013
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT]

Thanks for the info. I'll make good use of it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 266

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Welcome from Ellicott City! Glad to see more women joining. Enjoy!

** Don't retreat! Reload! ** (pretty soon you'll be reloading twice as often)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom