• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Hello and welcome!

I completely understand your caution, especially with kids in the house. Once you become competent with a firearm, you will take comfort in the safety and protection it can provide you.

There are a lot of great people in this forum that I'm sure would be happy to help the both of you; and their are numerous Industry Partners that offer guns and training. I've visited many any patronized a few, all great folks.

Last edited:

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    Welcome aboard! I'm relatively new to this forum and realized immediately what a great group of intelligent people I've found here to help me become smarter and more informed as well.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Welcome from Taneytown

I think you will find this a very enjoyable, informative and fun place to be....have met many great people so far. Looking forward to spring weather to go shoot with some of them...

And welcome to the shooting world....lots of fun :-)

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    My wife struggles with guns in the house for the same reason, but she really has no interest. (fired the M-16 in basic and that was enough for her...) I keep them under lock and key all the time. I think, and its my opinion, the best way to keep kids safe from guns is to familiarize them (take them shooting, teach and enforce safety, and have talks with them on chance encounters) , and let them handle them when they want to, even if it is just to look. But then the guns ALWAYS go back into the safe. I haven't gotten there yet but a buddy of mine used this method and his kids have the ultimate respect for all firearms. Everyone deals with this differently. Not having them in the house is one way and certainly no argument. Kids can't shoot themselves or a friend if they aren't present. But they could cut themselves, burn the house down, fill it full of gas and blow it up, etc. To me, its all about making sure they know and understand. And my daughter clearly understands, red means dead. Not to scare her, but to make sure she grasps the serious side of safety.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and go have fun shooting that 9mm. Hope you can find ammo. That's the other issue we are having here......

ParadigmShift

Mar 29, 2013
    As someone who bought my first handgun in January, I feel your pain, especially since it sounds like people are having to wait even longer than I did (≈ 1 month).

Yup, I'm still waiting and I bought mid February. I hope this new legislation doesn't slow it down even more. Not sure what's up with this state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom