Help out the new guy - Ruger or Smith & Wesson?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    To bohman

Try Googling Down Range TV...I forget the actually web site url or what ever :-), but I get their emails a few times a month, and they usually have short video's from Champion Shooters showing trigger control, finger positions, issues, tips and all kinds of good info.

They also have reviews and other stuff, but the video's along with reading advice on here helps remind me on little things, since, I barely shoot as often as I used to or are able to, due to cost and ammo situation :-( A year ago, I was shooting about at least once a week, now, its not even once a month, every month.....so I need the refreshers from time to time.

Glad you choose a pistol that you liked. That IS one thing that is much nicer today, than 25 years ago. Back then, unless you knew someone with a pistol you wanted to try, there were not many choices. Today, you can go from one range to another, and shoot almost ANY pistol available for sale today. Less chance of making the ole....OOOOoopppsss!! :-)

One thing to consider for your NEXT purchase :-), is find a manufacturer that sells the higher caliber in a .22lr but have KITS available that you can upgrade later. Such as SIG, makes the P226, P220 and a few others in the .22lr, then you can buy the slide and mag as a kit for 9mm 40, or .45acp. Get 2 guns for the price of 1 1/2 sometimes just 1. I believe other companies offer this also. Just a thought :-) Happy shooting.

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    i have the sd9ve since new and love it... but... i would still recommend the m&p. more features n quality. they say the "ve" stands for value enhanced. its benefitting smith more than u n me.

matt1

Feb 5, 2013
    anne arundel county md
    P95! or any of them in the P series... I have the P89 and I love it! Not the most modern gun out there, but its built like a tank and I know it will go bang when I need it to.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I've had a M59 and M411 S&W, PT92 Taurus, P85 MkII and P95 Rugers, a Glock and presently have a 9mm steel frame Witness and an M&P 5" Pro 9. Of all these pistols, the best one, in my experience, for handling decent accuracy, shootability and reliability is the P85 Ruger. That one went to my brother and he won't give it back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom