• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Did the same thing. Brought $1,000 just in case I saw something I had to have, but spent a little on mags and a couple boxes of hunting ammo I've been meaning to pick up.
    It wasn't a bust, but I was hoping for a little more. Is fine. All on all I'm always happier to be at a gun show then sitting at home.

True dat!

I was carrying around some bricks of .22 golden bullet that I was going to use for possible trade, but never ended up using them. That said, I'm thrilled with the Colt carrying handles I got for $35 each. I put one on my AR pistol and the other on my 6920.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    True dat!

I was carrying around some bricks of .22 golden bullet that I was going to use for possible trade, but never ended up using them. That said, I'm thrilled with the Colt carrying handles I got for $35 each. I put one on my AR pistol and the other on my 6920.

Nice!

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    True dat!

I did that at york, none of the vendors were interested. Ended up selling what i had to two nice elderly gentleman that had just seen the $55+ sticker price and had sticker shock.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Today was the first time I've been to a gun show "on the OTHA' side'a'da table" in about 15 years and was hopin' to pull some of the dealer's chains that some people pull on me at the shows, but alas, I didn't have the heart to do that; after all, they weren't the people that did it to me.:D Actually had a really good time with the dealers there as we shared alotta' laughs over various matters/topics. Met one dealer in particular that I thought slightly resembled a PA dealer friend from about 25 years ago and sure enough, it was him, Bill McKinley (or McKinney), a very nice person to deal with and I highly recommend him if he has something that you're interested in. It was also nice to see Dennis Todd and Jenny there too as it's been several years since I've seen them last.

Mopar and SNI had'da good time there too doin' some of our crazy stuff that the three of us together are noted for. The husband and wife team (holster dealer on front wall on the left just as you walk in the show room) had a good day and some laughs with Mopar and I as we bought and ordered a shitload of holsters and mag holders for numerous handguns; I think they were happy.:)

I don't know where you looked or perhaps you may need glasses (jus' tryin' to help here so don't take offense) but there were two vendors that had standard capacity 17 rd new drop free Glock 17 factory mags priced at $25.00 and $28.00 and the price stickers were clearly marked as such. I bought out the dealer that had them at $25.00 and the other dealer that had them at $28.00 after he said no problem at $25.00. I know they are available to me wholesale at $20.00 shipping included but the vendors need to make a profit and a 25% margin on a mag is VERY fair to the vendor AND buyer. Reading your above quoted post last night OR early this morning was giving me second thoughts on going up there for Glock mags, but only in search of the right holsters/mag holders.

It was the same guy I bought mags from at the Oaks in the spring and another had them under glass? I should have taken pics ... No offense taken and I dont seem to contribute to the forum very well so I'll keep my mouth shut and shop online so I do not turn people away from the shows. Would a Sat. morn price be different from a Sunday price by any chance because those prices are why I went. Oh and G26 were the 10 rnd, my bad.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I didn't get a business card from them. What is the name of their company. I've been looking into getting a holster.
    Thanks in advance.

See below.....

Second Amendment holsters.

This ^^^

I had glock mags for model 19 and 22 both selling for 25.00

I needed G17, nothing else. Were you set up at that show??? Did somebody buy you out of G17 mags Sunday??? If so, I'm the gray haired/bearded guy with ponytail donning a "Carroll County For 2A" white t-shirt.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    It was the same guy I bought mags from at the Oaks in the spring and another had them under glass? I should have taken pics ... No offense taken and I dont seem to contribute to the forum very well so I'll keep my mouth shut and shop online so I do not turn people away from the shows. Would a Sat. morn price be different from a Sunday price by any chance because those prices are why I went. Oh and G26 were the 10 rnd, my bad.

Ironpony, what ever you do, DON'T go drinking a great big cup of shut the fvck up, we like having you here. Maybe you didn't see the two vendors I saw today due to people in your way. Also it's possible that the two vendors in question dropped their prices for today, I don't know. All I'm indicating here is I bought alotta' G17 mags at $25.00 each (marked at $25.00 and $28.00) and you saw the mags at $35.00 and $38.00 yesterday; definitely a substantial difference. I was only going to buy two of the mags if they were $35.00 due to my need for them on Monday. Also these two vendors didn't have them under glass today. Another thought, were you looking at the G17 33rd happy sticks??? If so, they were prolly priced at what you stated in your post.

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    Were you toward the front right section of the room? I think my wife got an SR9 mag for her dad from you.

I was right next to the guy that had all the bullets on display. from the center aisle something like the forth row, second vendor. my mags where hanging on peg boards

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    By the way, did I miss them or was Battle Bargains/Collectors Corner missing? They usually suck me in to by something after we quibble on sticker.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Ironpony, what ever you do, DON'T go drinking a great big cup of shut the fvck up, we like having you here. Maybe you didn't see the two vendors I saw today due to people in your way. Also it's possible that the two vendors in question dropped their prices for today, I don't know. All I'm indicating here is I bought alotta' G17 mags at $25.00 each (marked at $25.00 and $28.00) and you saw the mags at $35.00 and $38.00 yesterday; definitely a substantial difference. I was only going to buy two of the mags if they were $35.00 due to my need for them on Monday. Also these two vendors didn't have them under glass today. Another thought, were you looking at the G17 33rd happy sticks??? If so, they were prolly priced at what you stated in your post.

Lou you didn't need any glock mags after the years of being in business.
    no ones memory is 100%. we need all the members we can get who support gun rights and local bussines. the show was poor at best, despite what we say about pa shows vs md shows. i for one am looking forward to the next md show.:party29:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    no ones memory is 100%. we need all the members we can get who support gun rights and local bussines. the show was poor at best, despite what we say about pa shows vs md shows. i for one am looking forward to the next md show.:party29:

Hey, I didn't 'spect to really like my G17 but I do and I had only 1 G17 mag fo'it. Yeah, even I get caught wiff ma' pants down wiff ma' own stuff during the frenzies b'cuz I'm so frikkin' busy trying to take care of my customers.

I agree wiff ya' on the memory thing and I didn't go blowin' off Ironpony as he may have seen jus' what he posted though today was quite different in my experience.

Ya' gots'da' unna'stand ma' man, I'z gits me da' giggles when I'z gets'da' do sumpt'n deefer-ant likes getz'da' leeve ma' crib 'n' jump'n ma' ride an' smoov ma' way toowa' show an' playz wiff a buncha' gats. :D (This smiley doesn't have a gol' toof)

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    No problems here guys. I use my eyes and ears more than my mouth and reading your posts I expect nothing different and assumed very little, everyone here is a character in a story that would not be a story without them. 100% sure I saw happy sticks for $50 (33's)- love my sub2K, although a little sorry I what I paid a member here for it.
    OK, that said I'm 50/50 on Harrisburg (never been)or wait for the next MD show.??

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.

Went to the show with my son (the best thing about it) and came away disappointed. Was looking for an SKS or VZ58; saw a few SKS's and no VZ58. SKS prices were too high to pay for now to an out of state vendor. I will wait until a MDS IP or classified seller with more than 100 posts comes thru. Did purchase a cleaning rod for a Chinese type 53, only to come home and discover that it was NOT the correct rod (PM me if you have one ). We did see some unique/interesting firearms and ammo but generally the prices were higher than what I expected but being with my son, priceless. :)

Mini14Tom

Nobody in particular.
    Aug 4, 2013
    East Frederick Co.
    PHOTORACER and I went together to the Gettysburg Show arriving Saturday afternoon about 1:15 pm. It had a different feel to it from the look of the parking lot as we drove in compared to last year's Labor Day show. We didn't have to park at the far end of the ball fields like last year. Inside, the aisles were quite open and easy to walk around and see the tables without having to elbow in for a peek the way it was last year at the peak of the pre-ban buyer's frenzy. I too, was looking for G17 mags and found the dealer with the $28 price first and bought two of the three he had on the table. (I left that one for LOU45 ).

I looked at quite a few M1 Garands and saw both original and restored Springfields and H&Rs from about $1150-$1600. Same vendors had restored M1 Carbines at about $1100- $1200. Saw new Mini-14's at about msrp. Were quite a few Ruger 10-22's under $400 and one basic version at $285.

There were definitely fewer vendors present than previously with the back of the room missing about two rows of tables. The aisleways may have been a little wider, it seems to me. I browsed over a lot of handguns and thought prices on many that interested me were kinda' high. I enjoyed the show, got what I went for and saw a lot of neat stuff, but no obvious screaming deals.

Feb 28, 2013
    True dat!

Hmmm... I thought I was the only one that liked carry handles on his AR's.

I kinda figured you would prefer a flat top, since they're more... you know, "hip" and "up with the times"....

Kinds like this one......:innocent0

:lol2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 109

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I'll be there.... need to find some VZ58 magazines. Unlikely, but hope springs eternal.

I got lucky... found a nice set of four. Flipped the bird to the "Welcome to Martin O'Malley's Domain" sign as I drove back south. Also, had a nice chrome lined Chinese SKS stick to my hand... didn't need it but it was a good price and in good condition. What the heck... may need to take Ukrainian prisoners one day... apparently they are still good for that kind of thing. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom