• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    It was a good show for me. Picked up a Wilson Combat 45 ACP mag, a box of PPU 7.65x54R non-corrosive ammo and a like new, 25 ACP "Bufalo" mouse gun (C&R, of course).

:)

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    i must say i'm dissapointed in this show. smaller and limited selection plus prices were higher that previous shows. i would say if you can get it on line, stay home.
    i spent more at subway than at the show and that says alot.:sad20:

Yeah, it was smaller than the last couple there -- probably not the best weekend for it.

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    I didn't pay any attention to primers, but there were 2 vendors with a handful of powders. All I noticed was the Vargat at $27/ lb.

Saw CCI small pistol primers at $49.99/1000. Really? Bought 1000 in Hanover last week for $34.99. Overall, prices were much higher than I expected. I'm no cheapskate by any account but come on... What happened to the good deals we used to find at gun shows?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Its good to hear some enjoyed the show but it seemed small for my first trip to G'burg. prices on primers wow Rocky was right. I saw the $50 primers but did see some for $40. Powder, I couldn't find any pistol, prices were worse than paying Hazmat, did see CFE223, Varget, 4198 and some others. Found some Pmags for $9 ea. Bought some Gemtech 300 blk subs just to test against my reloads $22/20. Lee summed it up well. Glock mag prices were $35 to $38 and the ones I would have bought were 10 rnd ??

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    Not too bad.... Almost bought a Marlin 45-70, but couldn't remember when the quality started to change and I'm sure the good people of MD woulda looked at me kinda funny with it strapped to my bike :D

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Pretty good show. I brought $1,000, only spent $70. Almost got an AR upper vice block for $35 but decided to pass.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just got back, this has been one of my favorite shows for years due to its moderate prices and the willingness of dealers to negotiate. However I was a little disappointed even for a sunday.

Lots of paraphenalia and knives

Surprisingly few AR parts

Prices were all over the map, M1 carbines really jumped.

That said, depending on tastes there were some deals. Almost bought a 32 Win Special 94. It had some corrosion and an aftermarket butplate (probably had the stock cut a little). If he had hit $300 I would have bit.

Thought about a nice 1898 Krag, probably could have been had for $650. Really a good price for a Krag in today's market.

A few other mixed gems amongst the C&R dealers.

That said bought two Magpul 40rd mags drove home, got pulled pork at Chubbies around Emmitsburg.

That said hit or miss is part of the game for smaller shows but they are often good treasure hunting, saw half a dozen things I could have bought and made a buck on if i had the time to advertise etc.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I saw a Jungle Carbine for $560 something. I want one but wasn't sure if that was a good deal. A lot of them are fakes and I don't know enough to tell the difference.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I saw a Jungle Carbine for $560 something. I want one but wasn't sure if that was a good deal. A lot of them are fakes and I don't know enough to tell the difference.

I looked at that one and thought about it. Ended up walking away mainly because the bore was a little rougher than I like, but still decent. Plus I there seemed to be a few lightening cuts missing but not sure. My gut was screaming something was off and I have learned to listen to it vs. taking a risk with a $500 gun.

If legit, it would have been an ok deal.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    I looked at that one and thought about it. Ended up walking away mainly because the bore was a little rougher than I like, but still decent. Plus I there seemed to be a few lightening cuts missing but not sure. My gut was screaming something was off and I have learned to listen to it vs. taking a risk with a $500 gun.

If legit, it would have been an ok deal.

If James River was selling Jungle carbines they were legit. I looked at all of them before he began selling them. BTW. I got the best one.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    My plans to tour Harpers Ferry fell through at the last minute so I drove up to my first Gettysburg show after hearing good feedback on MDS. Was a little underwhelmed. Not bad but the majority of C&R was over priced. Only took home a couple of original Berthier enblocs.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Today was the first time I've been to a gun show "on the OTHA' side'a'da table" in about 15 years and was hopin' to pull some of the dealer's chains that some people pull on me at the shows, but alas, I didn't have the heart to do that; after all, they weren't the people that did it to me.:D Actually had a really good time with the dealers there as we shared alotta' laughs over various matters/topics. Met one dealer in particular that I thought slightly resembled a PA dealer friend from about 25 years ago and sure enough, it was him, Bill McKinley (or McKinney), a very nice person to deal with and I highly recommend him if he has something that you're interested in. It was also nice to see Dennis Todd and Jenny there too as it's been several years since I've seen them last.

Mopar and SNI had'da good time there too doin' some of our crazy stuff that the three of us together are noted for. The husband and wife team (holster dealer on front wall on the left just as you walk in the show room) had a good day and some laughs with Mopar and I as we bought and ordered a shitload of holsters and mag holders for numerous handguns; I think they were happy.:)

Glock mag prices were $35 to $38 and the ones I would have bought were 10 rnd ??

I don't know where you looked or perhaps you may need glasses (jus' tryin' to help here so don't take offense) but there were two vendors that had standard capacity 17 rd new drop free Glock 17 factory mags priced at $25.00 and $28.00 and the price stickers were clearly marked as such. I bought out the dealer that had them at $25.00 and the other dealer that had them at $28.00 after he said no problem at $25.00. I know they are available to me wholesale at $20.00 shipping included but the vendors need to make a profit and a 25% margin on a mag is VERY fair to the vendor AND buyer. Reading your above quoted post last night OR early this morning was giving me second thoughts on going up there for Glock mags, but only in search of the right holsters/mag holders.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    If James River was selling Jungle carbines they were legit. I looked at all of them before he began selling them. BTW. I got the best one.

It wasnt James River, they were on the rack in the middle isle, at least not the one I looked at.

Irish64

Mar 13, 2013
    Monrovia
    Today was the first time I've been to a gun show "on the OTHA' side'a'da table" in about 15 years and was hopin' to pull some of the dealer's chains that some people pull on me at the shows, but alas, I didn't have the heart to do that; after all, they weren't the people that did it to me.:D Actually had a really good time with the dealers there as we shared alotta' laughs over various matters/topics. Met one dealer in particular that I thought slightly resembled a PA dealer friend from about 25 years ago and sure enough, it was him, Bill McKinley (or McKinney), a very nice person to deal with and I highly recommend him if he has something that you're interested in. It was also nice to see Dennis Todd and Jenny there too as it's been several years since I've seen them last.

Mopar and SNI had'da good time there too doin' some of our crazy stuff that the three of us together are noted for. The husband and wife team (holster dealer on front wall on the left just as you walk in the show room) had a good day and some laughs with Mopar and I as we bought and ordered a shitload of holsters and mag holders for numerous handguns; I think they were happy.:)

I don't know where you looked or perhaps you may need glasses (jus' tryin' to help here so don't take offense) but there were two vendors that had standard capacity 17 rd new drop free Glock 17 factory mags priced at $25.00 and $28.00 and the price stickers were clearly marked as such. I bought out the dealer that had them at $25.00 and the other dealer that had them at $28.00 after he said no problem at $25.00. I know they are available to me wholesale at $20.00 shipping included but the vendors need to make a profit and a 25% margin on a mag is VERY fair to the vendor AND buyer. Reading your above quoted post last night OR early this morning was giving me second thoughts on going up there for Glock mags, but only in search of the right holsters/mag holders.

I didn't get a business card from them. What is the name of their company. I've been looking into getting a holster.
    Thanks in advance.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I've been on this circuit only recently, but this was my 3rd or 4th time to Gettysburg.

It's just the time of year, not a trend. One dealer lit up when he talked about the next show he'll be at, around Christmas time.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Pretty good show. I brought $1,000, only spent $70. Almost got an AR upper vice block for $35 but decided to pass.

Did the same thing. Brought $1,000 just in case I saw something I had to have, but spent a little on mags and a couple boxes of hunting ammo I've been meaning to pick up.
    It wasn't a bust, but I was hoping for a little more. Is fine. All on all I'm always happier to be at a gun show then sitting at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom