• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I didn't get a chance to walk around and check much out. So, if you would be so bold, who was the vendor?? It couldn't have been one of OUR IP's.
    $80.00 for 500 really???

And you didn't even come by on Sunday and say Hi!

My bad!

No, it wasn't an IP. Just some guy with a small table of overpriced .22 and other ammo in the second building (I.e. not the one at Lou and Brian were in).

rauler

May 2, 2012
    Here's the way I approach the Mosins:

Buy online for $100. Then pay $25 in shipping and $25 in fees from you FFL which puts you at $150.

OR pay $160 (+$9 tax) at a show from a LOCAL BUSINESS and know exactly what you're getting.

I feel the same way, not just for mosins, but for most guns in general, by the time you pay shipping, transfer fees, spent casings fee and lock (for handguns), the price is well over the LGS price. Sometimes if the price is low enough online the deal might be worth it but not by much. With hard to find guns however that's another story.

$25 fee?? Lowest I've seen is $35 in Va. Seems the average around here is $50-$40.

rauler

May 2, 2012
    So a drive to Cabela's and buying for $170 without cosmoline is a good deal, TO ME. :)

They had them a few weeks ago for $120. If I were just to buy that I would have to add the $45 gas money to the total cost.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Family road trip.

And buy some other things to spread out the gas cost. :)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    They had them a few weeks ago for $120. If I were just to buy that I would have to add the $45 gas money to the total cost.

Vacation trips back to my family in Ohio and very productive...CMP, Cabella's...:innocent0

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Perhaps I'm too impatient.

I signed up for the NRA yearly dues at the show - $25 and free entry to the show.

Called the NRA and the nice lady has no record of my sign up. She said 4-8 weeks to turn in the sheets. Its been 8.

I was there on 1/5/14 about 11:00am. If you were handling the NRA sign ups, have the sheets been submitted to the NRA?

Thanks

GunLvrPhD

Apr 16, 2008
    Falls Church, VA
    Perhaps I'm too impatient.

I signed up for the NRA yearly dues at the show - $25 and free entry to the show.

Called the NRA and the nice lady has no record of my sign up. She said 4-8 weeks to turn in the sheets. Its been 8.

I was there on 1/5/14 about 11:00am. If you were handling the NRA sign ups, have the sheets been submitted to the NRA?

Thanks

I always renew my NRA membership at MD gun shows and I've never had much of a delay at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom