• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I picked this baby up on Sunday along with some 50 cal cans. She was born in 1922 and matches my Model 42 beautifully. I passed it up on Saturday and woke up thinking about it on Sunday and made the drive all over again.

rLFGxxs.jpg

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Here's the way I approach the Mosins:

Buy online for $100. Then pay $25 in shipping and $25 in fees from you FFL which puts you at $150.

OR pay $160 (+$9 tax) at a show from a LOCAL BUSINESS and know exactly what you're getting.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD

Buy online for $100. Then pay $25 in shipping and $25 in fees from you FFL which puts you at $150.

OR pay $160 (+$9 tax) at a show from a LOCAL BUSINESS and know exactly what you're getting.

This ^^^^^^

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I picked this baby up on Sunday along with some 50 cal cans. She was born in 1922 and matches my Model 42 beautifully. I passed it up on Saturday and woke up thinking about it on Sunday and made the drive all over again.

rLFGxxs.jpg

Nice early Model 12, looks to be in good condition.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Also, do the $100 ones come covered in cosmoline?

I would GLADY pay a few more dollars to not have to deal with that. :)

I went to the show Sat.

Looked a few things, but didn't buy anything.

I was tempted, VERY tempted, but did not.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    The other VERY important thing that most people probably don't realize or don't think about is the probability that MOST of the Mosin's that were being sold by dealers were PROBABLY bought before the $99 Molot fire sale. Just some more food for thought.

I don't know ANYONE that is going to buy something, cart it to a show and THEN sell it at a loss. Just doesn't make sense. Does it???

I bought a DDR marked Mosin from Brian last fall and was VERY HAPPY to pay what I did for it. There weren't many showing up at that time and he only had 4 and I was the first to pick from them. Well, except Yellowsled, but he passed on them to get something else!! Lucky me. Did I think I was going to get a DDR Mosin for $99 from Classic? No, it's just the luck of the draw when buying C&R from a supplier. I still LOVE my DDR I got from Brian.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    What is the rule on buying and reselling firearms before you start walking that line as an unlicensed FFL?

I have some money I rather put into some investment pieces and me thinks mosins / sks might not be a bad idea.......

JWLaRue

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Nov 23, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Lou had some nice looking Mosins. Don't know if he sold any of them.

I'm hoping he'll be at the Timonium show this coming weekend.

-Jeff

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Very reasonable question. My price range depends on the condition and markings of a(ny) particular rifle. For an average run-of-the-mill Mosin with nothing special about it, I'd like to see something in the $130-140 range. I'm more then willing in going higher if there is something that justifies it.

I saw the ones that Lou had at the show. Prices were okay, but I didn't recognize anything special or unique about them?

-Jeff

p.s. My C&R is in process. :)

Read on...............

That's not reasonable given today's Mosin prices. Dealer cost for run-of-the-mill is right around $130. Unless demand drops off, the days of cheap Mosins are quickly slipping away. If I were a dealer at a local show familiar with Mosins, I wouldn't sell special ones for $160. $200-$300 would be more like it, depending on rarity.

Read on...............

The other VERY important thing that most people probably don't realize or don't think about is the probability that MOST of the Mosin's that were being sold by dealers were PROBABLY bought before the $99 Molot fire sale. Just some more food for thought.

I don't know ANYONE that is going to buy something, cart it to a show and THEN sell it at a loss. Just doesn't make sense. Does it???

Read on.................

Lou had some nice looking Mosins. Don't know if he sold any of them.

I'm hoping he'll be at the Timonium show this coming weekend.

-Jeff

Sold all that we took and brought more in Sunday and sold all of those too.

I'll have more at the Timonium show.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yes they do, but so did the ones that Lou had. They were fresh out of the box, cosmolene and all.

OK, I did not look that closely.

So a drive to Cabela's and buying for $170 without cosmoline is a good deal, TO ME. :)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I prefer them still fresh in the cosmo, so you know the last folks to mess with them were Ivan and Vlad. Also, if they're in cosmo I can store them in an undisclosed location that is not heated and don't have to worry about them rusting.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    .22 was high and i didn't see it selling. I brought 6 1,000 round boxes of M22 that I wanted $65 for (more than I paid but still a good price). I only sold two boxes (one of which was to a vendor, lol). I used the proceeds of my two sales to get two German Flare guns with flares, and came out of pocket for a third flare gun.

Damn. I have to start bringing things to sell at these shows. Adds a whole new dimension.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Damn. I have to start bringing things to sell at these shows. Adds a whole new dimension.

Yeah, it was fun. I basically traded a $55 box of .22lr for a German flare gun and a 10 count box of parachute flares (and did this two times).

I was a little annoyed with the vendor that purchased my .22. He tried to haggle with my price of $65/1,000 when his prices were $80 for 500 round bricks of .22. I almost told him to pound sand but I wanted the flare gun too badly.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Yeah, it was fun. I basically traded a $55 box of .22lr for a German flare gun and a 10 count box of parachute flares (and did this two times).

I was a little annoyed with the vendor that purchased my .22. He tried to haggle with my price of $65/1,000 when his prices were $80 for 500 round bricks of .22. I almost told him to pound sand but I wanted the flare gun too badly.

I didn't get a chance to walk around and check much out. So, if you would be so bold, who was the vendor?? It couldn't have been one of OUR IP's.
    $80.00 for 500 really???

And you didn't even come by on Sunday and say Hi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom