• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They're fun to shoot on New Years and 4th of July. The parachute flares light up the area pretty good, and slowly float back to the ground while burning using a parachute (hence the same). I've shot several kinds and my wife and I like the parachute flares the best.

.458 Dave

Sep 10, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    IMHO, anyone who left the show without a $45 German flare gun and a $35 10 count box of parachute flares was a fool. Best prices I've ever seen for that. At the last show, the fare guns alone were $150.

I knew I should have went to the show! I would have loved to have picked one of these up. Awesome deal

Just like fishing, a bad day at a gun show is better than a good day at work.

This. Actually, I wound up working a deal for a gun I found at the last Frederick show. Not a great price but a decent one, for a gun (2 1/2" Smith M19) that I'd been looking for for a long time. So that by itself was worth the price of admission, not to mention a chance to watch Lou do his world-famous three-at-a-time paperwork dance.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    DARN!!!!!! I was working the Monumental table and completely FORGOT about the flare guns you mentioned on Saturday!!

BTW, Did anyone else get some of the pepperoni bread the lady was selling by the taser guy???? Boy was it good. She was taking samples around earlier in the morning!!

One more thing on the bread. The wife and I put some in the toaster oven and heated it up to have with soup for dinner. It's even BETTER warm!!!!!

Last edited:

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    [Didn't see any Mosin 91/30's in a price range I was looking for given the prices of the Classic Molot imports. No one was willing to come down in price. (Was my primary interest in going to this show)

In all fairness to the vendors, none of the Mosins I saw came from the recent batch, none were marked Molot.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I did get some pepperoni bread - the kids didn't seem to like the cheese in it - too bad, its all mine now.

I forgot to stop by the Monumental table - always something I forget.

I did see some Savage and Ruger 22LR rifles, but wife said no more for me - all I could do was look :nono:

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    Rummage sale

I was so disappointed in the Fred show.

Seems like 5-1 tables were selling junk not related to firearms and cheap Chinese knives.

Silverado should change the name to flea market. Wish I could get my $10 back.

The Dulles show is much better bang for your $12. Even though its getting worse each year with the china crapola!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Went to the show today too. Not too crowded. Selection more or less typical for a Frederick show.

I too saw that Tavor with the fake can on it. Talk about fugly!

Didn't see any Mosin 91/30's in a price range I was looking for given the prices of the Classic Molot imports. No one was willing to come down in price. (Was my primary interest in going to this show)

-Jeff

What's your price range? I saw a few Mosins there for $160. Unless you have a C&R it doesn't get much better than that.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    A question for the people that went. Was there any .22 ammo for sale? If so, what was it priced at? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but figured I'd ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Even if you purchased one from Classic for $99 without a C&R, you'd pay $20 shipping and another $25 or so if you're lucky for the FFL01 fee, and this is without even seeing the rifle and knowing what your going to get. Admittedly going the Classic route saves you $9.60 in sales tax.

If you only want one Mosin, I'd def go with a LGS and get one you know you're going to like. I have two I from Classic that I was considering selling but wound up not even bringing them to the show (I love my guns too much to part with them).

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    A question for the people that went. Was there any .22 ammo for sale? If so, what was it priced at? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but figured I'd ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.22 was high and i didn't see it selling. I brought 6 1,000 round boxes of M22 that I wanted $65 for (more than I paid but still a good price). I only sold two boxes (one of which was to a vendor, lol). I used the proceeds of my two sales to get two German Flare guns with flares, and came out of pocket for a third flare gun.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I agree with Alpabrew. The days of the $129 Mosins at gun shows are long gone. The LGS has to pay shipping the same as you and me and still needs to make a few bucks to justify bringing them to a show to sell.

Depending on where you live talk to Brian at South Carroll Sporting Goods or Lou at Shooters Discount. I believe they both had reasonably priced Mosins at the show.

Or get your C&R and roll the dice like the rest of us. That's how you get $99 Mosins. Sometimes you get a really good one and sometimes you just get an average one. It's a crap shoot when you order them. But that's part of the fun for most of us.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I agree with Alpabrew. The days of the $129 Mosins at gun shows are long gone. The LGS has to pay shipping the same as you and me and still needs to make a few bucks to justify bringing them to a show to sell.

Depending on where you live talk to Brian at South Carroll Sporting Goods or Lou at Shooters Discount. I believe they both had reasonably priced Mosins at the show.

Or get your C&R and roll the dice like the rest of us. That's how you get $99 Mosins. Sometimes you get a really good one and sometimes you just get an average one. It's a crap shoot when you order them. But that's part of the fun for most of us.

THIS :thumbsup:

Another idea is to post a thread in the WTB section; but anywhere from $130-$180 is the current, local range for 91/30s.

JWLaRue

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Nov 23, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    What's your price range? I saw a few Mosins there for $160. Unless you have a C&R it doesn't get much better than that.

Very reasonable question. My price range depends on the condition and markings of a(ny) particular rifle. For an average run-of-the-mill Mosin with nothing special about it, I'd like to see something in the $130-140 range. I'm more then willing in going higher if there is something that justifies it.

I saw the ones that Lou had at the show. Prices were okay, but I didn't recognize anything special or unique about them?

-Jeff

p.s. My C&R is in process. :)

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    For an average run-of-the-mill Mosin with nothing special about it, I'd like to see something in the $130-140 range. I'm more then willing in going higher if there is something that justifies it.

That's not reasonable given today's Mosin prices. Dealer cost for run-of-the-mill is right around $130. Unless demand drops off, the days of cheap Mosins are quickly slipping away. If I were a dealer at a local show familiar with Mosins, I wouldn't sell special ones for $160. $200-$300 would be more like it, depending on rarity.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Very reasonable question. My price range depends on the condition and markings of a(ny) particular rifle. For an average run-of-the-mill Mosin with nothing special about it, I'd like to see something in the $130-140 range. I'm more then willing in going higher if there is something that justifies it.

I saw the ones that Lou had at the show. Prices were okay, but I didn't recognize anything special or unique about them?

-Jeff

p.s. My C&R is in process. :)

Congrats and welcome to the club. Now you can slowly watch your bank account go down.

JWLaRue

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Nov 23, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    What makes this a bit complex are the Molot imports coming it via Classic. At $99 retail, it's hard to justify much higher prices for generic Mosins.

-Jeff

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    What makes this a bit complex are the Molot imports coming it via Classic. At $99 retail, it's hard to justify much higher prices for generic Mosins.

-Jeff

Have you seen the ones for $99? If not, ask tsmith1499 for the gory details about his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom