• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Am I the only one who doesn't care if its Wal-Mart, Shoppers or Food Lion.

The point is she's allowed to open carry!
    EDIT: And it sure as hell isn't Marylandistan.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I came here to say the same thing. I mean, I dig the woman open carrying a 1911, but that is either not, or must be the nicest looking Walmart I've ever seen. Plus there isn't an overabundance of slow walkers clogging up the aisles...

That's because it's not in a crime laden, crap hole somewhere that the people don't work, instead just vote for Obama and mooch of the government handouts.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Well, he could've shot 1 slide lock 1 to practice reloads, but then he wouldnt have to practice managing recoil between shots and stay on target, which is why 2 reload 2 can be a better drill in some cases. Shooting 3 reload 3 gets you out of habit of double tapping perhaps.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Similar to VA.... I often joke that I can sympathize with Mexico..... America is just right across the river (Potomac<>Rio Grande)

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Bravo. I'll live in America one day. :party29::party29::party29:

Are you sure that's a Walmart? Looks too nice.

And there's more than 5' of space between aisles.

Its one of those super Walmarts. I went to one in Latrobe Penn and it looks just like that, clean floors and all.
    It's amazing in America. Humans live there who don't trash everything they see and can be trusted with rights.
    Condition 3 carry?

I noticed it as well. Many people prefer condition 3 carry for a 1911. It's a personal decision no different than everyone choosing the model/brand/caliber gun they will carry.

The key to any carry is to train as you would fight. If she has trained to draw and rack the slide in one fluid motion. She should be able to deploy the firearm very quickly.

The IDF (Israeli Defense Force) trains to use condition 3 with all firearms unless engaged in active combat. It is an effective way to carry but it requires intensive and regular training and practice.

Or hammer down on a live round. You can always thumb the hammer that is why God put it there.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    It's amazing in America. Humans live there who don't trash everything they see and can be trusted with rights.

Or hammer down on a live round. You can always thumb the hammer that is why God put it there.

And if dropped or struck the gun could go off accidentally. Never carry a 1911 with the hammer down on a loaded chamber!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    And if dropped or struck the gun could go off accidentally. Never carry a 1911 with the hammer down on a loaded chamber!

Guess that is why I don't have a 1911. But all of those who scream about DA/SA trigger pulls just need to learn why God Gave them a thumb. I do think hammer down(with a good holster not in a waistband) is safer than cocked and locked carry IMO.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I do think hammer down(with a good holster not in a waistband) is safer than cocked and locked carry IMO.

Think about how you need to lower that hammer one time. It was designed to be carried "cocked and locked" I believe that is the safest way to do It (considering the time you may need to use it in a hurry)

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    In Va somewhere......

open.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Unfamiliar with the Lvl 3 Serpa's, what style of lock do they use?

Rotating hood and finger release or other?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    My thigh holster is a level3 serpa. No issues whatsoever. All my waist side holsters are safariland.

Sent from one of my 15 phones from your front door

If that Holster is issued to you, then you have to make due with what they give out. Same as for a Service Weapon.

My point is there are known safety issues with serpas. We can battle about the cause and say its a bad design, or a training issue. Truth is that there is a lot of training schools that don't allow them for these reasons. IMO they are chosen because they are more affordable compared other options.

The Woman in the picture is carrying a 1911 which tells me she is not a novice, which also means she may be aware of the safety possibility issues with the Serpa.

IMO the Serpa is LESS prone to cause an accident on a C&L weapon because after the draw is when the safety is removed. On guns like SIGS, and Glocks where there is no manual safety the possibility of an accident is amplified.

I use good holsters because I have a choice and the means to acquire the best gear. Serpas are not one of them nor is any Blackhawk gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom