• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirsly

Apr 11, 2011
    Charles County
    Finally a well dressed Wal-Mart shopper

ATT000011_zps9a22cbcb.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Just a housewife out shopping in Alaska .
    No permit required in Alaska for either open
    (must be 18) carry or concealed (must be 21) carry.
    CHECK THEIR CRIME RATE, LOWEST IN OUR NATION?
    Why would that be??
    NOT one school shooting either.

(that's what you call 'packing heat') :party29:

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    that is what we do when i was in arizona. go to bank, shop in a mall, get some grocery, walk in the street, ride a bike, with your sidearm openly carrying it...

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Are you sure that's a Walmart? Looks too nice.

And there's more than 5' of space between aisles.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Are you sure that's a Walmart? Looks too nice.

And there's more than 5' of space between aisles.

I came here to say the same thing. I mean, I dig the woman open carrying a 1911, but that is either not, or must be the nicest looking Walmart I've ever seen. Plus there isn't an overabundance of slow walkers clogging up the aisles...

truknbear

Right to arm Bears
    Feb 21, 2013
    HarCo
    I came here to say the same thing. I mean, I dig the woman open carrying a 1911, but that is either not, or must be the nicest looking Walmart I've ever seen. Plus there isn't an overabundance of slow walkers clogging up the aisles...

Shelf stickers don't lie.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    That's the first thing I noticed. Why not 1?

I noticed it as well. Many people prefer condition 3 carry for a 1911. It's a personal decision no different than everyone choosing the model/brand/caliber gun they will carry.

The key to any carry is to train as you would fight. If she has trained to draw and rack the slide in one fluid motion. She should be able to deploy the firearm very quickly.

The IDF (Israeli Defense Force) trains to use condition 3 with all firearms unless engaged in active combat. It is an effective way to carry but it requires intensive and regular training and practice.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I noticed it as well. Many people prefer condition 3 carry for a 1911. It's a personal decision no different than everyone choosing the model/brand/caliber gun they will carry.

The key to any carry is to train as you would fight. If she has trained to draw and rack the slide in one fluid motion. She should be able to deploy the firearm very quickly.

The IDF trains to use condition 3 will all firearms unless engaged in active combat.

I carry "cocked and locked". It's what works for me. However, for some, I can see where it would not be ideal.

To each his own. :thumbsup:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I carry "cocked and locked". It's what works for me. However, for some, I can see where it would not be ideal.

To each his own. :thumbsup:

Do you use a holster with a retention strap that goes between the hammer and firing spring?

I agree with using condition 1, that's how I would carry a 1911. I also use a holster that has a retention strap that rest between the hammer and firing pin for a little extra security.

I was just commenting on the "why" question.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Do you use a holster with a retention strap that goes between the hammer and firing spring?

I agree with using condition 1, that's how I would carry a 1911. I also use a holster that has a retention strap that rest between the hammer and firing pin for a little extra security.

I was just commenting on the "why" question.

I do not currently. It's in the future.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA

The IDF (Israeli Defense Force) trains to use condition 3 with all firearms unless engaged in active combat. It is an effective way to carry but it requires intensive and regular training and practice.

The Israeli Method is pretty impressive...

Any idea as to why only using three rounds in the mag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom