• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    Appreciate all this you guys at Engage are doing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Side-chargers have their good and bad. The bad is that you do not get to take full advantage of the ungodly amount to testing and design work that went into the military-style AR upper. Thus, some of them may have the kind of kinks that have been long since worked out of the traditional design. You also lose a certain amount of parts interchangability. Despite that, I went with one on my 300blk/5.56 (twin uppers) SBR build mainly to control blowback on a gun that would be run suppressed most of the time. In that regard, the OPS-4 upper that I went with does not have a charging handle opening in the back of the receiver. Thus, the excess gas gets directed out the massive right side opening, and not back into my face.

Thanks for your input. That's a gorgeous rifle BTW. :thumbsup:

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    We actually have a couple hundred M16 parts kits inbound (Vietnam Era) that will be good for a retro build.

That a mix of new and old parts or all old MILSURP, or what? I don't know why I'm asking as I'm not interested :lol: But GF and brother may be.

FWIW, I'm very loosely guessing week of June 17th for pickups to start? No idea how long shipping will take (if they hit target) and how long it will take you to log them into inventory. Hell, no reason (or call) for you to confirm or deny this. This is just my thinking out loud (and if I'm guessing a week or two early, I'm cool with it. I ain't gonna be a little thread bitch.)

One question: I preordered one that is intended for my brother. I can't remember if his information is in your records. Is this something I need to bother the shop with, or can we just make sure the right names are on the paperwork when we pick up?

Andy, thanks for the update on your day off. :thumbsup:

Day off? You've never owned a business, have you? :lol2:

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    This secret squirrel mission may already be compromised due to previous information shared, I take the blame for asking. Now the Zombies will be on the lookout and intercept our shipments. I also heard MSP bought alot of AT-4's and set up many bunkers covering all paths from Detroit to Engage.

ar15

Feb 20, 2013
    Does anyone here know if the finish on this lower will match a forged upper from PSA?

this is my first build, and I was given a complete upper from PSA and a BCM BCG :)

I know forged and billet are 2 different things and assuming the finish would be off but does anyone know if it will match (atleast somewhat)?

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    That's a very artistic shot, with the silks underneath!

The stock also looks similar to a Magpul STR.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    That's a very artistic shot, with the silks underneath!

The stock also looks similar to a Magpul STR.

Thanks. I finally found a good use for the boxes of leftover material that Irina has from the dance dresses she's made over the years. :D

Secondisours

Feb 6, 2013
    Does anyone here know if the finish on this lower will match a forged upper from PSA?

this is my first build, and I was given a complete upper from PSA and a BCM BCG :)

I know forged and billet are 2 different things and assuming the finish would be off but does anyone know if it will match (atleast somewhat)?

Yes your upper will fit on any 223/556 lower. Thats the beauty of the AR platform, versatility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom