• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Calengor

wishes he were spike
    Apr 13, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I will explain this again...

So, all will end well. The lowers and especially the rifles will be badass. Keep calm and carry the f*ck on.

slow-clap-gif.gif

joker.gif

Billy-D_Approves.gif

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

I don't even have a dog in this fight other than I took a buddy who just moved down from MA to put a deposit on one of the August batch.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I'll take it too...

To balk at a small storage fee, for holding your SBR for up to a year...(that's how long they've had mine) is silly. To SBR and not understand that you are not able to possess the weapon until you've gone through the whole process is very myopic. It takes time and a place for your new awesomeness to hang out and wait - this should be compensable.

Now that you don't want your lower - I'll be picking that up when they give the go ahead...

Cheers,

Doc

I don't understand why people just dont do the F1 themselves on the SBR. Then they can keep the lower in their own safe until the stamp comes back and if they really want build it with a non-nfa upper while they wait.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I don't understand why people just dont do the F1 themselves on the SBR. Then they can keep the lower in their own safe until the stamp comes back and if they really want build it with a non-nfa upper while they wait.

Personally, I would rather not have the extra engraving... Plus I have plenty of rifle and pistol lowers to tide me over during the wait. That's my reason.

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    Personally, I would rather not have the extra engraving... Plus I have plenty of rifle and pistol lowers to tide me over during the wait. That's my reason.

Not only that, but I'm sure the storage fee will be equal to or less than what it cost to get one engraved, so the possible storage fee shouldn't matter too much to make a fuss.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    In other news, I plan on doing:

1) 300 BLK
    2) An old school A2 style
    3) Not sure.....

What do you guys think of side cocking AR's?

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Careful guys.. The ban hammer is strong today.

Engage is one of the best shops in the state. The team there is the reason many drive hours to shop there.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Guys lets calm it down. Its cool. Tman PMed me and we're all good. I'll have some more updates on the status tomorrow as I emailed just about everyone in the supply chain.

Tman68

Jul 25, 2012
    Harford Co
    New topic, do you have any complete uppers for my .223 build for sale, or will you in the near future? I know you said earlier that you were trying to secure some other AR parts to sell along with the lowers.

Trying to get a plan together and the uppers are what I am missing.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda

1) 300 BLK
    3) Not sure.....

Side-chargers have their good and bad. The bad is that you do not get to take full advantage of the ungodly amount to testing and design work that went into the military-style AR upper. Thus, some of them may have the kind of kinks that have been long since worked out of the traditional design. You also lose a certain amount of parts interchangability. Despite that, I went with one on my 300blk/5.56 (twin uppers) SBR build mainly to control blowback on a gun that would be run suppressed most of the time. In that regard, the OPS-4 upper that I went with does not have a charging handle opening in the back of the receiver. Thus, the excess gas gets directed out the massive right side opening, and not back into my face.

Here's a picture of it with the blackout upper. To bring this post full circle with this thread, a careful eye will note that the side charger is sitting on a 1st gen Engage lower.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Side-chargers have their good and bad. The bad is that you do not get to take full advantage of the ungodly amount to testing and design work that went into the military-style AR upper. Thus, some of them may have the kind of kinks that have been long since worked out of the traditional design. You also lose a certain amount of parts interchangability. Despite that, I went with one on my 300blk/5.56 (twin uppers) SBR build mainly to control blowback on a gun that would be run suppressed most of the time. In that regard, the OPS-4 upper that I went with does not have a charging handle opening in the back of the receiver. Thus, the excess gas gets directed out the massive right side opening, and not back into my face.

Here's a picture of it with the blackout upper. To bring this post full circle with this thread, a careful eye will note that the side charger is sitting on a 1st gen Engage lower.

I like the SOPMOD stock, only stock I have really found that I can use on just about any build. Nice looking black rifle. What barrel is that?

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I like the SOPMOD stock, only stock I have really found that I can use on just about any build. Nice looking black rifle. What barrel is that?

Thanks. The barrel is the Noveske 10.2" 300 AAC BLK.

Also, the stock is the RRA "Operator" stock... damned similar to a SOPMOD, but slightly different design. http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=392 One good thing about using something like this on an SBR is that you can keep a copy of the approved Form 4 in one of the storage compartments. :thumbsup:

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Thanks. The barrel is the Noveske 10.2" 300 AAC BLK.

Also, the stock is the RRA "Operator" stock... damned similar to a SOPMOD, but slightly different design. http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=392 One good thing about using something like this on an SBR is that you can keep a copy of the approved Form 4 in one of the storage compartments. :thumbsup:

Damn, i would have lost money on that. I have 2 SOPMODs and that looks pretty damn close. Have to take a look when i get home. A rolled up form 4 is a great idea for one of the compartments

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Newest Update after Saturday nights debacle:

Andy,

This is our most up to date information.

1- The first 300 lowers arrived at the anodize vendor Thursday 05.30.13. They said these will ship direct to you on June 11th or 12th. This is within their 7-10 business day turn and should get your rifle assembly off to a good start.

2- Based on this info, the second shipment of 350 lowers will hit their dock this Friday the 7th and be on the way to you by the 21st.

3- The last 350 lowers will ship from us this Friday the 7th. Allowing for UPS time, they will arrive on the 14th and be on the way to you by the 28th.

4- Because of the new design and production fixtures, we anticipate the 200 uppers to ship to anodize on the 14th. They should come to you with the afore mentioned item #3 on the 28th.

5- On the new order, we are shipping the first 200 lowers to broaching this Friday the 14th. Once this flow is started we will ship 150 lowers each week to completion.

6- When the second order starts the anodize process, we will have uppers coming to you at the same time.

Now that we have a flow started, product will begin streaming to your shop on a smooth basis. All vendors are doing their best to satisfy your needs.

We hope this information will aid in your quest to calm customers.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD

1) 300 BLK
    3) Not sure.....

We actually have a couple hundred M16 parts kits inbound (Vietnam Era) that will be good for a retro build.

Attachments

• partskit.jpg
      partskit.jpg
      66.2 KB · Views: 336

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    Good to know, thank you sir!

Edit:

Just to clarify, the third batch is expected to be shipped, not arrive on, the 28th, correct?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Thanks Andy for putting up with the BS. As long as I have mine by Oct 1, I'm good. I didn't panic buy. I already have a few AR's and a decent ammo stash. I survived growing up in the People's Republic of NJ when the original AWB happened. I moved to MD in 94 seeking political asylum only to run into the same BS 20 years later. If you are a first time buyer I feel your pain, but the writing has been on the wall since bobo got elected in 2008.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom