Egotistical Instructor Making His Own W&C Qualifications???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Yes, the MSP is to create a curriculum by oct 1. Can't wait.........

As I have said many times research the course and instructor. Find the one right for you. If the instructor is up front about the course requirements and you still take it it's on you.

TD

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    They are alleged to be only count inside the 8 ring on a B27 instead of anywhere in the black.

A lofty goal, but it remains unverified that he actually failed anyone.

So far, just extrapolating and hearsay.
    Actually not that hard to do... I'm far from a professional gunslinger, but this was my recent qualification sheet for my carry renewal. Shot with nothing special Glock-19. 25/25.

1687533076055.png

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    They are alleged to be only count inside the 8 ring on a B27 instead of anywhere in the black.

Not quite correct. Requirement was to shoot 35 shots at B27 target from different positions (both hands streight, both hands left leaning to the pole, both hands right leaning to the pole, strong hand only, weak hand only, both hands from kneeling position). The best 25 shots were counted to be inside the 9th ring with passing threshold of 75%.

outrider58

Call me Gee
    MDS Supporter
    Not quite correct. Requirement was to shoot 35 shots at B27 target from different positions (both hands streight, both hands left leaning to the pole, both hands right leaning to the pole, strong hand only, weak hand only, both hands from kneeling position). The best 25 shots were counted to be inside the 9th ring with passing threshold of 75%.
    The first ten "free" shots confused the hell out of me, I don't mind saying.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Were you a student of this gentleman?

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    I think, if you missed any in the first ten shots, he didn't count the misses? I had 2 fliers in the 8 ring at the end(1 single support hand and 1 barricade) and was deducted 8 points. :shrug:
    2 of 25 is 0.08 or 8%, so your score was 92% and you passed the qualification. Does it sound right?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

I could guess what that's supposed to mean , but it isn't clear from this .

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010

That's not a lofty goal. I be interested in in what his times and distances are.

Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    Several years back I had a negative encounter with Jesse Lim at the Izaak Walton League in Damascus. He threatened to call the cops on me because I was at the range shooting my registered SBR AR-15. He came up to me out of nowhere and started yelling at me that I'm not allowed to shoot it at the range because it's "a fully automatic assault weapon with a short barrel". It was a semi auto and I was not impressed with his self entitled little dictatorial requests. I told him to go ahead and call the cops and I just kept shooting anyway. He's a certified douchebag in my opinion. He's one of the most cringe people I've ever encountered in my life!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Have students achieve state minimum or whatever, that's fine, then let 'em pass and get over yourself.
    If you have the knowledge, training and experience enough that you know you can get a complete novice to shoot your made up qual, then have at it. They'll pass(yay). If not, then still pass them on the minimum.
    This guy sounds like a complete dick and knows nothing about trying to get new shooters to relax so that they can concentrate on learning, first and foremost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom