Votes: 166 52.9%
    • No

Votes: 148 47.1%

• Total voters

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Yup all of the people who refused to get a DC Letter and said it was BS are hating life now. I knew if there were ever any mad rushes for guns that people WITHOUT DC Letters would suffer.

Ill get the Handgun Purchase Permit for the same reasons. My Armory is complete but if something presents itself I want to have the option to jump on it.

I voted no in the poll, but that's a really good point. I'm mostly into C&R stuff, but you never know when the modern handgun will pop up that I must have!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Will you also register your weapons when the time comes?
    Uh... yes. I was prepared to do that before if it came to it, and am grateful that MSI fought that requirement off. You want to be internet tough guy, you go get arrested for civil disobedience on 10/1 and let us know how it goes. Not all of us are willing to let our families go hungry at that stage.

I am firmly in the "if we all stop buying guns, MOM's mission is accomplished" camp.

JC92

Aug 1, 2012
    MD
    Newby here. Joined after Judge Legg's decision and have been an active reader ever since. I recommend waiting on the HQL until we know if the NRA files suit against the law. It is possible we could gain an injunction to prevent its enforcement until the suit is settled.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I will get my HQL. I will get it as soon as it becomes available. I will start contacting them in September to see if and when it will be available. I will join a class action lawsuit if our rights are denied us. If I do not get a HQL, the State of Maryland has won. I will not punish myself and my local gun shop by not buying firearms any more.

eurobuff

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 21, 2011
    Uh... yes. I was prepared to do that before if it came to it, and am grateful that MSI fought that requirement off. You want to be internet tough guy, you go get arrested for civil disobedience on 10/1 and let us know how it goes. Not all of us are willing to let our families go hungry at that stage.

I am firmly in the "if we all stop buying guns, MOM's mission is accomplished" camp.

I have already been arrested for using the 2nd amendment as my carry permit in this state. Case was dropped. I practice what I preach.

FWPhoto

Jun 3, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Absolutely not, I do not need a license to exercise my free speech so I wont get one for my 2A. Make no mistake, this ban has nothing to do with safety but everything to do with revenue. I will not voluntarily give this admin another dime. Consider all the things Owe'Malley has done to raise revenue in MD, now look at the gun bill and consider all the fees and such associated with it. He's turning the gun community into a cash cow under the guise of public safety and the LIV fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I will have no part of it.

The only money they have made off me is $10x2 with my apps. I didn't buy the last 2 firearms in this state and have no intentions of buying another round of ammo here either. Once these last two purchases are approved, I will have what I need to have a little fun and protect my family. I wont buy another gun till we move. Owe'Malley's attempt to have my family turned into a cash cow has failed. Nice try though. This admin wouldn't listen to my letters, calls, letters to the editor, or written testimony. My vote doesn't seem to matter anymore so I will protest the only way I have left and that's with my dollars and feet.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    No. The day I step into that line is the day that I have given my tacit approval to submit to state licensing of a right. And the licensing of a right isn't ok. Once they get the bugs worked out, and they will, then what? The licensing scheme is the accepted practice for future generations?

Sorry......Ain't happening. No way....no how. It's all about the courts now as far as I'm concerned. They can stick licensing where the sun doesn't shine.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    "Uh... yes."

I see history didn't teach you anything. I grew up with family with tatoos on their arms. I never understood how a jew could back any kind of gun control.

John

Thank you for taking the time to post such a personal and painful story.

I wish we would here more from the Jewish Community.

When I hear a Jew speaking in support of gun control, I want to hand them a history book and highlight the section from 1933 to 1945.

Again, thank you.

Last edited:

eurobuff

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 21, 2011
    No. The day I step into that line is the day that I have given my tacit approval to submit to state licensing of a right. And the licensing of a right isn't ok. Once they get the bugs worked out, and they will, then what? The licensing scheme is the accepted practice for future generations?

Sorry......Ain't happening. No way....no how. It's all about the courts now as far as I'm concerned. They can stick licensing where the sun doesn't shine.

Exactly. There are a lot of fair weather 2nd amendment supporters here. You either support the 2nd amendment or you don't. There are no "ifs ands or buts" about it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have already been arrested for using the 2nd amendment as my carry permit in this state. Case was dropped. I practice what I preach.
    Good for you. At least you're not like this other guy.

I see history didn't teach you anything. I grew up with family with tatoos on their arms. I never understood how a jew could back any kind of gun control.
    Yeah, well, all of mine were dead, so I never even got to see the tats. All my Greek and Hungarian Jewish relatives died in the camps. So **** off on the history lessons. It's offensive as hell to hear you intone my dead family and claim I "support gun control" because I'm not willing to go to jail and abandon my wife and kids at some particular stage of the game. Your arrogance ASTOUNDS me. Words fail me, honestly.

Seriously, you self-righteous *******: go get yourself arrested on 10/1 by not complying. Show us what a big man you are, and your commitment to fighting it all. But you don't get to sit here insulting me about gun control and my religion. I've fought damned hard to promote the 2A to my Orthodox Jewish friends. I am part of the solution, not part of the problem, and how dare someone who doesn't know me a whit try to tell me otherwise.

I am so indescribably pissed at the insensitivity of some people. Do you think I'd BE HERE if I supported gun control? THINK!!!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Good for you. At least you're not like this other guy.

Yeah, well, all of mine were dead, so I never even got to see the tats. All my Greek and Hungarian Jewish relatives died in the camps. So **** off on the history lessons. It's offensive as hell to hear you intone my dead family and claim I "support gun control" because I'm not willing to go to jail and abandon my wife and kids at some particular stage of the game. Your arrogance ASTOUNDS me. Words fail me, honestly.

Seriously, you self-righteous *******: go get yourself arrested on 10/1 by not complying. Show us what a big man you are, and your commitment to fighting it all. But you don't get to sit here insulting me about gun control and my religion. I've fought damned hard to promote the 2A to my Orthodox Jewish friends. I am part of the solution, not part of the problem, and how dare someone who doesn't know me a whit try to tell me otherwise.

I am so indescribably pissed at the insensitivity of some people. Do you think I'd BE HERE if I supported gun control? THINK!!!

Well said. My heart goes out to you.

May G-d Bless you my friend. :)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I already have Registered Guns. I have Suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, and Regulated Rifles/Handguns.

I also have:

FL Permit
    CT Permit
    ME Permit
    NH Permit
    MD Permit (I also Qualify once a year)
    MD Hunter Safety
    MD Hunting License
    MD Handgun Safety Card
    Designated Collector
    03 FFL (Never have used it)
    Employee Letter for 07/S.O.T.

They already know what I own and who I am. It dosent frighten me because I am not someone they should be concerned about.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013

Interesting point... I wonder how many people who didn't support the referendum on the grounds of "not putting our rights up to a vote" don't have a problem giving up their prints and money for a "license to exercise" those same rights. That seems a bit hypocritical.

Dec 31, 2012
    They already know what I own and who I am. It dosent frighten me because I am not someone they should be concerned about.

This.

Anyone who thinks there isn't a list of their purchases in MD is fooling themselves regardless of whether you filled out more than a 77r or not.

Going by the poll numbers the new law has scared/pissed off(whatever) half of potential future purchasers already.

score one for MOM

Will there be a spin saying "look people are complying". Of course.

But the other spin of "look we've reduced the number of guns being bought in MD" would be worse.

You lose either way but we all knew we lost when 281 passed.

At least with compliance you get the chance to fight back(again) and say I am a law abiding citizen and you are oppressing me.

With non-compliance you encourage more restrictions in the hope of narrowing the field even further.

there is no good choice only a lesser of two evils

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom