Votes: 166 52.9%
    • No

Votes: 148 47.1%

• Total voters

Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    If you already own regulated handguns, then you don't need a HQL? Or, do you have to have a HQL anyway, but your are exempt from the training requirement? Everyone must be fingerprinted and DNA swabbed (just kidding...for now.)

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    If you already own regulated handguns, then you don't need a HQL? Or, do you have to have a HQL anyway, but your are exempt from the training requirement? Everyone must be fingerprinted and DNA swabbed (just kidding...for now.)

Yes you do to make any purchases on or after 10/1.

The only exemption is the training portion for people who already own regulated firearms.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Thought "we" are exempt. ???

Training is exempted for "we". You must get an HQL like every other schmuck. I guarantee you will not have an HQL on Oct 1st, 2013. When/if anybody gets one will be why many lawsuits are filed soon enough.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Training is exempted for "we". You must get an HQL like every other schmuck. I guarantee you will not have an HQL on Oct 1st, 2013. When/if anybody gets one will be why many lawsuits are filed soon enough.

I intend to send a certified letter to the Secretary on August 1, explicitly quoting the law and using the timeframes in there, to request the application.

Printing - have that done on my own with LiveScan and have sent to the Secretary before August 15. Allowing 4 days for return mail for the HQL to be in my mailbox on October 1. (allowing 30 business days for their process).
    Background check - have already passed multiple times this year. Heck, they'll probably just be getting around to processing one of my applications in the mill around then anyway.
    Training - am exempt.
    Application? Mailing address? Electronic address for prints?

Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    After 80-100 days, I'll have everything I want so, probably not. If I see something else I would like to have, then yes I will fall in line and get the HQL.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I may be off here, but, while I really do like the idea of flooding them with requests, I'm not at all certain they would be obligated to even acknowledge anything related to the HQL process without the law actually being in effect.

Once 10/1 rolls around, it's a different story. Just be willing to be patient (and we'll need some new tools in the box, IMO).

If NRA is successful in filing for an injunction, then the law is still not in effect, and we're still where we are today.

Like them or hate them, this might be an opportunity to bring another cannon to the line, in the form of another national advocacy group.

If MD has SAF, NRA, and maybe GOA, CCRKBA, JPFO, or any of the other big groups coming after them, that will not bode well for them.

MD and MSP want to divide and conquer the 2A crowd. What's to say we can't turn the tables on them, and toss more balls into their little juggling act?!

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    All depends on the cost. If this cost me a good amount of money no, I will not be buying anymore handguns. I already have almost everything I want and will hopefully be getting the rest before Oct 1st rolls around. After that it is all unregulated purchases/home builds.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    I say we get everyone possible to apply for the HQL around the same time to completely bottleneck the whole process.

With that being said, I will be getting mine

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I'll had not intended on getting it unless a nice 1918 vintage 1911 comes along , I have all the other handguns I want already .

That said , I do like the idea of flooding the shit out of them for requests that we all damn well know they will not have ready or a process in place to make it happen . Hope everyone is ready for the one year cooling off period lol . That's not funny :sad20:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Flooding the System will do nothing to benefit us. We can file all the Lawsuits we want. The State of MD will get away with it in the end.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's the problem, they are getting away with it. I guess we just sit back and wait...... some more

And they will continue to get away with it. Just like they had the NICS Center do some shady stuff this week.

Dosent mean I LIKE it, but Im not going to pretend fighting it will give us the results we like.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I dunno.
    'm breaking the bank getting all the regulated/banned stuff now.

I'm not sure how an FFL03 is affected by the new law. That might pose a problem, especially if sellers in other states won't sell to MD.

Depends on whether I feel the need, after filling the safe. If it turns out that a flood of apps is required in order to sue MD & MSP, I'll go for the license, even though I find it outrageous.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    File a complaint.

How far will I go? However far they want me to.

Wanna join me?

Let me give you 3 examples:

If the State of MD prevented me from voting on Election Day, and I requested the registration form before the required application date and had documentation to prove that, Whatdya think would happen?

If the State of MD prevented me from buying a car, because the MVA had no way to issue a drivers license for 6 weeks, Whatdya think would happen?

If the State of MD imposed a new regulation on a hair salon and provided no way for them to be in compliance by the date it took effect, Whatdya think would happen?

Just because they didn't stagger the law appropriately to roll in the licensing prior to the sales requirement, it is not incumbent upon me or the dealer to exercise patience.

This is huge.
    I agree it's huge.

I also look out and see government, at every level, and in most jurisdictions...doing what they want, when they want, how they want and to whom they want to do it..with very little to zero accountability.

I'm not giving up. I am on the verge of retiring. I'm headed where there is deep resentment for " the man" and also where rational, citizen based government (with much more visible accountability) is commonplace. Appalacia ain't perfect but it sure puts this increasingly pitiful state and major metro area to shame.

Other than voting, I see very little ability to influence. Here in MD, I see none. They've made a mockery of our delineated rights...with no consequence. You think we're Gonna stop that how?

This really isn't so much to ShallNotInfringe as to prompt dialog.

We used to have a de facto fraternity during my early years in the military....
    Theta Pi Sigma----- this place sucks. Nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom