DC resident shoots, kills 13-year-old boy, says teen was breaking into cars: police

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I'm seeing the people realize any security by their government is an illusion, that the conditioning we've had to not fight back and let the law handle it breaking down, that self-preservation is more important than the fear of retaliation by the law, that at some point it's either we take a stand and ensure we have a safe world or live in fear as evil takes over.
    Very well said.

The only DC Council Member who voted against DC's Criminal Code Reform Bill which reduced penalties for carjacking and other violent crimes was Trayon White, and he believed this:

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I'm seeing the people realize any security by their government is an illusion, that the conditioning we've had to not fight back and let the law handle it breaking down, that self-preservation is more important than the fear of retaliation by the law, that at some point it's either we take a stand and ensure we have a safe world or live in fear as evil takes over.
    What their not seeing is the larger picture; that this is a small part of an overall ploy to institute a federal police force. This is where all the 'let the criminals loose-unfund the police-start vigilanteism' is headed.

Triggerfinger

States Rights!
    Sep 1, 2012
    Richlands, North Carolina
    What their not seeing is the larger picture; that this is a small part of an overall ploy to institute a federal police force. This is where all the 'let the criminals loose-unfund the police-start vigilanteism' is headed.

If that's the case, this is what would comprise the Federal Police Force. I wonder if we'd be safer with the average criminal:

1675180590582.jpeg

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

More details coming out. Looks like a Tueller Drill Shooting if he really charged him.

MPD Chief is expected to give a Press Briefing soon.

Briefing Live Stream:

MPD says they've revoked his DC Carry Permit and will seize his firearms.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    ...and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the kid's car.

I really don't know what DC's rules for firearms use are, but I have a feeling it's not going to work out well for the accused. Am I wrong?
    See here: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/district-of-columbia-gun-laws-what-you-need-to-know/

D.C. is neither a stand your ground nor a duty to retreat jurisdiction. The District case law has established a middle ground.

Also see from MPD (.PDF): https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/mpdc/page_content/attachments/District Law Pertaining to Self Defense.pdf

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    See here: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/district-of-columbia-gun-laws-what-you-need-to-know/

D.C. is neither a stand your ground nor a duty to retreat jurisdiction. The District case law has established a middle ground.

Also see from MPD (.PDF): https://mpdc.dc.gov/sites/default/files/dc/sites/mpdc/page_content/attachments/District Law Pertaining to Self Defense.pdf

Boom! Right there, 12th line down...
    You are entitled to claim self-defense:
    (1) if you actually believe you are in imminent danger of bodily harm; and
    (2) if you have reasonable grounds for that belief.

Now I didn't read the whole PDF, but I didn't see where deadly force was okay to use on thieves.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    ...and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the kid's car.

I really don't know what DC's rules for firearms use are, but I have a feeling it's not going to work out well for the accused. Am I wrong?
    He is definitely screwed. You can not introduce deadly force to a property crime then claim self defense.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Whoever witness 1 is stated the shooter yelled at the deceased at which point the deceased charged the shooter. When he was about 5 feet away the shooter fired the first round, paused and then shot the second round.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I never want to rely on an eye witness for my defense. I have been screwed by prejudicial witnesses before.
    Sounds like the video evidence combined with the shell casing placement/ballistics are such that the Defendant is going to have a real issue on defense.

I'm curious what his lawyer is going to argue:

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Sounds like the video evidence combined with the shell casing placement/ballistics are such that the Defendant is going to have a real issue on defense.

I'm curious what his lawyer is going to argue:

Yet the MPD commissioner refers to the car as a "get away car" in his statement(just watched that. not sure where that was earlier). IDK, I smell fish...

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

It begins.

"Too many guns are leading to too many tragedies"... "I know we must do more to get guns out of our city".

Shameless gaslighting and grifting by the Mayor here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom