DC resident shoots, kills 13-year-old boy, says teen was breaking into cars: police

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    Applicable DC code section:

24-2340. Issuance or Denial.
    2340.1 The Chief shall issue a license to carry a concealed pistol or provide a written denial of the application within a reasonable time after receiving a completed application. A reasonable period of time shall normally be within ninety (90) days; however, the time may be extended by the Chief for an additional ninety (90) days where there is good cause for additional time to complete the investigation and the applicant is so notified in writing.

People will still get their DC Permits eventually, but DC might decide to slow things bureaucratically if they can. Too many "extensions" though, and people will take notice.
    Or people won't even bother with what they're seeing as to how people are being treated after a shooting.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    The bus has been rolling back and forth over Mr. Lewis as I saw a report that he's a FORMER DC government employee now. So he's already been let go before any final verdict from a trial.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    And STILL not one word about why he was out, amount friends, at 4AM. Like a good scholar he was I guess he was out recycling, like someone else’s car? And the police asking that the friends he was with “contact the police” so they can get their story. Really?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    And the delinquents grandfather again on the telly saying “you don’t just kill somebody over a car”. And you wonder what’s wrong with certain members of society?
    ****Plenty of people, especially in Baltimore and other hot beds of crime and violence are killed over much less. The kid shouldn’t be dead and he most likely would not have been killed if he had just remained an inquisitive scholar at his home studying for his SAT or AP exams versus being out at 4am breaking in to cars.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    And STILL not one word about why he was out, amount friends, at 4AM. Like a good scholar he was I guess he was out recycling, like someone else’s car? And the police asking that the friends he was with “contact the police” so they can get their story. Really?
    He was on his way to his tutor's house and thought he saw a poor little puppy locked in the car shivering.

Oh wait...that was Mirror Karon.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Or people won't even bother with what they're seeing as to how people are being treated after a shooting.
    IMHO, it's worth it to get a DC Carry Permit if you're in the DMV and just driving around. You don't want to find yourself in the position where you're passing through on a road and forgot something is in the trunk or somewhere else (even just a loose round/casing in a crevice of the trunk). Given the severe consequences, I'm not relying on FOPA alone around here.

Edit to Add: Of course, if it's a "high capacity" magazine, that's a felony in DC and you're screwed either way. This restriction is currently being challenged in a lawsuit.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    The bus has been rolling back and forth over Mr. Lewis as I saw a report that he's a FORMER DC government employee now. So he's already been let go before any final verdict from a trial.
    Yup, indeed. They're going to take everything from him and make a public example prior to trial. He's being sacrificed so it doesn't burn again before that.

Man's facing a DC Jury Pool for the shooting of a 13-Year-Old. He's screwed.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I saw that in the MPD Chief's Press Briefing as well where he commented at 26:40 and 27:48.

Everyone in the community likely knows who these "friends" are. I hope the "friends" get charged, but I'll bet the AG lets them walk with some "counseling". All this does is just affirm and excuse the disrespect these kids have for society and others' property.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    IMHO, it's worth it to get a DC Carry Permit if you're in the DMV and just driving around. You don't want to find yourself in the position where you're passing through on a road and forgot something is in the trunk or somewhere else (even just a loose round/casing in a crevice of the trunk). Given the severe consequences, I'm not relying on FOPA alone around here.

Edit to Add: Of course, if it's a "high capacity" magazine, that's a felony in DC and you're screwed either way. This restriction is currently being challenged in a lawsuit.

Oh I'm very aware of BS one can be in by driving through DC. From just the money grabbing they do with the stupid parking situation, red light and speed cameras, to ruining of your life. I recounted the experience my friend went through with being in DC with ammo in a single mag for a hand gun with no hand gun with him. The total BS he had to go through because some ass DA wanted to make an example of him. Someone that has a totally clean record and a very high level Federal security clearance.

I frankly try to avoid going into DC at all costs.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Oh I'm very aware of BS one can be in by driving through DC. From just the money grabbing they do with the stupid parking situation, red light and speed cameras, to ruining of your life. I recounted the experience my friend went through with being in DC with ammo in a single mag for a hand gun with no hand gun with him. The total BS he had to go through because some ass DA wanted to make an example of him. Someone that has a totally clean record and a very high level Federal security clearance.

I only go into DC if I'm being paid to be there, and that will soon be ending.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Funeral is over so....
    True, but they could have kept it open.

George Floyd wound up raising $14,722,400 on GoFundMe: (not including any secondary accounts.)

This fund is established to cover funeral and burial expenses, mental and grief counseling, lodging and travel for all court proceedings, and to assist our family in the days to come as we continue to seek justice for George. A portion of these funds will also go to the Estate of George Floyd for the benefit and care of his children and their educational fund.

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021

Was your friend able to beat the charge?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    True, but they could have kept it open.

George Floyd wound up raising $14,722,400 on GoFundMe: (not including any secondary accounts.)

This fund is established to cover funeral and burial expenses, mental and grief counseling, lodging and travel for all court proceedings, and to assist our family in the days to come as we continue to seek justice for George. A portion of these funds will also go to the Estate of George Floyd for the benefit and care of his children and their educational fund.
    Well since college is no longer an option, no need

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Well since college is no longer an option, no need
    1675284614610.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member