DC resident shoots, kills 13-year-old boy, says teen was breaking into cars: police

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I can see DC permit approval numbers plummeting…
    Applicable DC code section:

24-2340. Issuance or Denial.
    2340.1 The Chief shall issue a license to carry a concealed pistol or provide a written denial of the application within a reasonable time after receiving a completed application. A reasonable period of time shall normally be within ninety (90) days; however, the time may be extended by the Chief for an additional ninety (90) days where there is good cause for additional time to complete the investigation and the applicant is so notified in writing.

People will still get their DC Permits eventually, but DC might decide to slow things bureaucratically if they can. Too many "extensions" though, and people will take notice.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Those three are subjects of eternal and non solvable debate over cold beverages and warm campfires . But none of those are the operative dynamic in THIS Instance .

#4 - The greater good of reducing rioting, major destruction of property ,and cumulative injuries of both rioters , riot controllers , and riot bystanders and those trapped in wrong place is more important than one individual .

Just ask Louis Alvarez .
    #4 most certainly was the case with OJ Simpson which iirc was on the heels of Rodney King.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Sounds like his story of what happened was different from the video they had.

Yea, same charge as the Memphis 5,…6,…7,…..I lost count.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No. See the MPD Chief's answer to that question here at 26:07:

It's part of evidence now, so it's up to the US Attorney's Office on whether that happens.

Thanks for that. I never made it to the Q&A part of the address.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No prob. The Q&A was actually pretty informative so it's worth a listen. I guess we'll see if it's released during trial.
    It will probably depend on how much national attention it draws. I'm sure DC would like to keep it local and under their 'control'.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    And the delinquents grandfather again on the telly saying “you don’t just kill somebody over a car”. And you wonder what’s wrong with certain members of society?
    If we start killing people for stealing cars, well, they might have to stop stealing them. Then where will we be...?

I will continue the refrain: It's not our guns. It's your sons!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom