CPA turned FFL, same amount of paperwork!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    I attended the rally in Annapolis on Tuesday and decided it was time to join up. I graduated from Annapolis Elementary School, Bates Junior High School, Anne Arundel Community College, and The University of Maryland, and now live on the Eastern Shore. I am about as Maryland as they come and it almost makes me cry to see how the state I love has deteriorated over the last 50 years. It is not the same place and unrecognizable from what I remember as a boy.

I became an FFL last year because the gun laws in this state are so complicated you have to be practically an attorney to decipher them. As I studied the laws, I realized most people have no clue what they are, from how to legally transport a firearm, to what guns they can legally own. My mission is to keep my neighbors for becoming, unknowingly, felons due to laws that make very little sense, and to provide them with firearms that are legal to own to the full extent of the law.

I am currently a Life Member of the NRA, a member of the Delmarva Sportsman Association, have a State of Maryland Permit to Carry a Handgun (but only while transporting weapons/ammunition), and last but not least I have my HQL. My CPA and FFL business are located in a separate building at my residence and I maintain a good inventory of all the good stuff. I am in frequent communication with the MSP, including having dozens of handguns added to the Handgun Roster.

Currently I am applying for my 07 manufactures license and hope to have my SOT manufacturing license for NFA items soon thereafter. And of course, being new to all this, I am learning more as I go along. It is the knowledge being shared on this forum that makes it as great as it is and thank you in advance for what I will continue to learn here from you fine fellow patriots. We must replace the liberals in the legislature to get our lost freedoms back, and restore this once great state to what our founding fathers intended it to be.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to the forum from Southern Maryland.

Please contact DD214 and inquire about becoming an Industry Partner.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join the fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome aboard sir!.

I did not mean to gainsay what you wrote in the HBAR, thread, I was just pointing out Md's stupidity. What you wrote in your follow up makes perfect sense, especially for an FFL.

Look forward to you becoming an I. P. here as well. :thumbsup:

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    Erube, thank you for the welcome. As an FFL I have to apply logic and common sense to a law that is ridiculously complicated. It is my first line of defense when dealing with the MSP and my only hope if hauled into court. I know the MSP in general realizes how they apply the gun laws sets precedence over time. They are placed with the same burden we are in interpreting these whacked out laws, and realize what they do must also hold-up in court if tested. Granted they have many more resources and more funds then any individual has to fight a court battle. Most of them understand we are not the criminals, just guys that like guns and want to protect ourselves and our families, just like most of them do. For most citizens, guns only become an issue when some other crime is involved. It is the state legislature and the attorney general we have to worry the most about when it comes to our gun rights.

Last edited:

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Welcome!

Think being a CPA/FFL entails a lot of paperwork? Ask Teratos how much he goes thru as a physician! (Which is the primary reason my father, also a doc, told me to never go into medicine, so now I sell to hospitals.)

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    I wrote to MSP licensing division firearms section a couple weeks ago concerning SBRs and SB281. I don't expect to get a reply. Expressed my opinion that SBRs are not addressed in SB281 on purpose, and the intent is to ban assault long guns between 26 and less than 29 inches. Also pointed out that SBRs have always been defined as handguns under Maryland law. The good news is an HBAR SBR with OAL 29" and over with muzzle device removed and stock fully extended, and of course only one evil feature is completely legal. MSP will need to produce an advisory soon concerning post October 1 SBR applications. I wanted them to know what we expect and to leave SBRs alone. It also seems they are trying to ban pistols that are copies of banned rifles, from the new LE restrictions on several of the pistols on the handgun roster. There is no way they have the legal authority to do this and will be the subject matter of my next letter to them. Any ideas concerning this would be helpful.

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    The information I am now obtaining is pistols are pistols and rifles are rifles. Banned rifles should not affect pistols. Hopefully this line of thinking will have a positive effect for SBRs, which have been categorized as handguns.

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has."

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedom, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."

Abe Lincoln about 150 years ago.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Welcome. That's quite an entrance given typical introductions in this sub forum. Thanks for petitioning to get more handguns on the roster. Curious as to what you've added. Any idea if the board has an upcoming meeting? I believe the last one was preempted by the pre-Valentines snow storm.

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    Early March.

I see you are from Wisconsin. I worked from home for an insurance company based in WI for 15 years (1985 - 2000). Risk management specializing in bank fraud. Visited just about every credit union in Md, Va, De, and DC. During that time discovered over 100 cases of internal malfeasance. Job turned into consulting and bored me to death. Missed documenting and catching the bad guys. My ancestors settled in Wisconsin from Germany in the 1850s. Still some there.

Had some good ones added and when I start building some, I'll get those added too.

Thanks for the kind welcome.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    More Sconnies! There are a couple of us on the board. Where were you living when performing this job o' drudgery? I spent 5 years in Madtown getting my degree. Wanted to stay, jobs back in the late 80's were NOT plentiful. Ended up back east, and settled in Baltimore because there was a job to be had....

We used to drive up to federal land and just shoot at stuff. Neighborhood just up the way, no one called the police, or claimed children were going to die.

I miss the land of cheese, but I don't miss the winters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom