• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I was there this morning and got a stamp in my hand. Can I go back again this afternoon and not pay the entrance fee again?

IIRC, Chantilly is the show where if you pay for Saturday, your hand stamp is good for Sunday, too. They actually WANT people to return on Sunday to pick up goodies they weren't sure about, after sleeping on it. Imagine that.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    This was my first time going to a VA gun show, it was an odd experience. The aisles were wide enough to comfortably permit browsing, the vendors actually sought you out instead of casually ignoring you, the restrooms were tolerable. I could get used to it. Prices on some of the AR's was very good, but none that I saw were md legal.

Now that they have seven shows a year instead of four, it really cuts down the size of the crowd. The vendors have to try to sell more stuff to less people to cover their overhead costs.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Buy from Maryland gun shops.

Please.

We need them to stay here in Maryland and help us through this final phase (difficult period) in Maryland's history.

I agree to buy MD first whenever possible. But it's nice to go a free state and see the legal firearms that other Americans can purchase. And to pick up a bunch of those nasty-scary standard capacity AR mags.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    IIRC, Chantilly is the show where if you pay for Saturday, your hand stamp is good for Sunday, too. They actually WANT people to return on Sunday to pick up goodies they weren't sure about, after sleeping on it. Imagine that.

I don't think so. They have a $20 3 day pass, but the $13 fee is one day only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I believe the hand stamp is only for re-admission that same day.
    99.9% sure I witnessed someone with the stamp from Saturday being told they're GTG, even after they said "this is from Saturday". I guess they figure $13 is your one day or two day pass. :)

I went today, and I personally like the show being a bit less crowded. I'd say the vendor selection was maybe slightly worse, but the usual suspects came through for me more or less. Of course, the only thing I go for is mags and reloading stuff, so my standards aren't very high.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Another good thing about this gun show is being able to walk right into the NRA range and getting a lane immediately :D

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I was there Saturday. When I paid for my ticket. The guy told me I could come back Sunday for free. That the $13 covered both days. That was s new 1 on me !

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    Good day Saturday at show. Picked up AR rails and hand grips i wanted and some AR Comp Powder I wanted to try. Even got the wife to go with me

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Pretty good time at the show yesterday - as others have said not incredibly busy but a decent crowd.
    Picked up some PMR 30 mags, and some 22 Mag for the yet to be picked up Keltec, wife got a couple of knives and shooting gear.
    And I got the ok for a Taurus 738 (or 2), she really liked it, not a bad day at all.

DK

Hey Paul,
    I'm still waiting for you to return my 223 VisualLock that I loaned you to use. I asked you to return it to me after you used it for only the cost of shipping it to you. This was April of 2014. I NEED you to return my lock. PM me for my address if you no longer have it.
    Shane

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=157391

PS-- I reported this incident to the members of this board after 20+ PMs and several promises of returns by you all to no avail.

OP---Really sorry for the hijack. Couldn't miss the opportunity; he doesn't post here much anymore.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    I'm looking forward to this show, hopefully there will be more cool stuff compared to the jerky and Chinese knife shows we have here in Maryland. :lol2:

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I'll plan to be at the show on Friday. Anyone know of sellers with .22 revolvers? I'm particularly interested in an H&R Sportsman 999.

Good luck with that there hens teeth . I haven't seen 1 there for the last several years. My dad has me on the lookout for 1 about the last 5 years. But 1 never knows.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Also Channel 4 news is carrying a story about the Louisiana shooter and how attendance goes up at gun shows after a shooting like that. He was broadcasting live from the Gun Show.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I went today, figured with everything going on it was good timing to get some "standard capacity" magazines and browse the other goodies.

Once again I reminded myself why NOT to go to this show. First half the parking lot is missing, which will make those who go tomorrow suffer pain. You no longer have the dirt strip to park on. Also the vendor parking area is now an expansion project so they are pushed into the remaining parking along the side. Trailers taking 2 to 4 spaces each plus trucks are common. Makes one long for York!

Overall sentiment of the show, expensive.

1. Mosins were running between $200 and $300
    2. M1 Carbines were starting at $900 and up to $1600 for pretty vanilla stuff. Some of the lower end guns were real nice and probably not far off fair value if they dealt a little. If I had, had a muzzle gauge on might have come home with me.
    3. Mausers were out of site, no matter what they were. Loved the refinished, coldblued "show special" Yugo for $350.
    4. Most guns overall had nutzoid prices.
    4. Ammo was comparable to online but why carry it?
    5. Magpul mags, AK mags and other goodies were pretty uncommon, I was surprised. So not to much competition had prices buoyed. There was a guy who had 25rd AR10/LR108 G3s for 3 for $54 show special which wasn't bad. Same vendor also had some of the Sand mags (G2 I think) for $10 each which isn't a bad idea if you don't care about color or are just duracoating them, I bought one at Gettysburg for the novelty but otherwise don't see the point. I bought some off Dennis Todd at a price higher than Gettysburg but fair.
    6. Snagged a Sig 2022 mag out of a bargain bin in packaging for $20. They didn't really know what it was.

Here is what I should have bought:

1. Converted Martini Henry in .303, it was very obviously a conversion but only $150. Might have been worth it to tinker with, especially if it could be had for $125 OTD.
    2. There is a gentleman along the right hand side wall from the door that had several pre-war Walthers for $600. It was hard to tell if they had been refinished but they were a deal regardless. C&R folks should go get them. Their PPs were a little higher but did not strike me as unreasonable.

Lots of people walking out with ARs, Tavors and KSGs.

The dealer who always has the CZ rifles reasonable had a very nice line-up made me remember how much I like the fit and finish of those guns. He had Safari calibers down to .22s.

Pretty much just walked out with a pile of "free state" mags.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    I went today, figured with everything going on it was good timing to get some "standard capacity" magazines and browse the other goodies.

Once again I reminded myself why NOT to go to this show. First half the parking lot is missing, which will make those who go tomorrow suffer pain. You no longer have the dirt strip to park on. Also the vendor parking area is now an expansion project so they are pushed into the remaining parking along the side. Trailers taking 2 to 4 spaces each plus trucks are common. Makes one long for York!

Overall sentiment of the show, expensive.

1. Mosins were running between $200 and $300
    2. M1 Carbines were starting at $900 and up to $1600 for pretty vanilla stuff. Some of the lower end guns were real nice and probably not far off fair value if they dealt a little. If I had, had a muzzle gauge on might have come home with me.
    3. Mausers were out of site, no matter what they were. Loved the refinished, coldblued "show special" Yugo for $350.
    4. Most guns overall had nutzoid prices.
    4. Ammo was comparable to online but why carry it?
    5. Magpul mags, AK mags and other goodies were pretty uncommon, I was surprised. So not to much competition had prices buoyed. There was a guy who had 25rd AR10/LR108 G3s for 3 for $54 show special which wasn't bad. Same vendor also had some of the Sand mags (G2 I think) for $10 each which isn't a bad idea if you don't care about color or are just duracoating them, I bought one at Gettysburg for the novelty but otherwise don't see the point. I bought some off Dennis Todd at a price higher than Gettysburg but fair.
    6. Snagged a Sig 2022 mag out of a bargain bin in packaging for $20. They didn't really know what it was.

Here is what I should have bought:

1. Converted Martini Henry in .303, it was very obviously a conversion but only $150. Might have been worth it to tinker with, especially if it could be had for $125 OTD.
    2. There is a gentleman along the right hand side wall from the door that had several pre-war Walthers for $600. It was hard to tell if they had been refinished but they were a deal regardless. C&R folks should go get them. Their PPs were a little higher but did not strike me as unreasonable.

Lots of people walking out with ARs, Tavors and KSGs.

The dealer who always has the CZ rifles reasonable had a very nice line-up made me remember how much I like the fit and finish of those guns. He had Safari calibers down to .22s.

Pretty much just walked out with a pile of "free state" mags.

Thanks for the honest review :thumbsup:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    One more thing, if anyone goes there is a guy with a scratch and dent bin of AK mags. Actually not bad and better than I have seen a lot of other places. They range from real dings to minor dings or finished over pitting. Almost all should function just fine. They were $2 for 15, I fished out two that were pretty good, if I had really needed AK mags I probably would have bought the lot for range mags.

jleemd99

Oct 30, 2011
    Catonsville, Maryland
    I was thinking about going down there to pick up some standard capacity hk vp9 and ar-15 mags along with a few ar-15 accessories. I've never been to this show, so any one know if I'd be walking away happy? I'd hate to go through three hours of driving and walk away empty handed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom