• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Since the original spreadsheet is gone for whatever reason, decided to make a new one. It is rough so suggestions on making it better are welcomed. For now, the document will stay locked to prevent any accidents made by other viewers. Being added to the list can be accomplished via PM or posted in this thread or the old one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-GZ3WiZ69oXIXgoC8NX4eP9jNP2XhtMYYgS43lAi6Ag/edit?usp=sharing

There is now a distinction for rifle caliber handgun (SBRs, AR/AK pistols, etc.) locks (since those keys will need to be longer). Also remember pistol caliber semi auto bore locks will not always work with revolvers.

The list may look unorganized since I add people as they provide me info. I already made filters to view specific caliber locks. It is the second icon from the right. Looks like an upside down beaker. Select the available caliber lock and see who you can contact.

Format for Info:
    Caliber:
    Rifle/Semi/Revolver:
    Shipping possible:

Last edited:

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Who is the originator of the original spreadsheet? Any dumb-dumb could edit it...and that was the problem.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Who is the originator of the original spreadsheet? Any dumb-dumb could edit it...and that was the problem.

Yea, for now im keep this one locked so nothing happens. I currently have the time to manage the list. But eventually I'd like to make it easier for someone to add themselves in case I am unavailable to make changes. My plan is to save a copy also on my google drive. In case someone accidentally deletes it, have a back up ready. Another redundancy check could be I can add an attachment to a comment once in awhile.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I don't have a lock, but a suggestion to move the caliber to the far left, to facilitate sorting when you get more entries.

Do rifles need be locked, leaving the gun store?

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I don't have a lock, but a suggestion to move the caliber to the far left, to facilitate sorting when you get more entries.

Do rifles need be locked, leaving the gun store?

No, what I am trying to do is prepare for the approval of more AR/AK pistols/SBR. As more get approved for sale, locks will be necessary for those as well. Since barrel length is longer on those, the normal bore locks will not work.

Im sure there are other brands, but here is Omega's site on bore locks: http://www.omegagunlock.com/

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    Is it a law that the locks need to fit? I thought the law says it just needed to be provided with one.

I am not entirely sure. In the old thread I posed the question if FFLs actually check the caliber of the lock matches the caliber of the handgun. It seems some do, some dont.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The 77r asks the FFL to certify if the firearm was offered for sale, rented or transferred after January 1, 2003, that is was with an approved mechanical safety device.

That could mean a couple things but it's not super specific other than APPROVED and WITH.

If it's an approved device and with the handgun, it would seem on it's face to comply. No mention of caliber match or even fitting or being in the firearm. Not sure what is approved or disapproved either.

IANAL

Last edited:

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I've a .40 cal lock I'm willing to lend out.

I live in FDRK

Willing to ship if borrower pays USPS flat rate, small box postage via paypal gift

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I've a .40 cal lock I'm willing to lend out.

I live in FDRK

Willing to ship if borrower pays USPS flat rate, small box postage via paypal gift

Thanks, added.

For anyone else that wants to added, if you can provide this info:
    Caliber?
    Rifle/Pistol/Revolver? (matters due to barrel lengths, etc.)
    Location?
    Shipping possible?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Is it a law that the locks need to fit? I thought the law says it just needed to be provided with one.

Some dealers insist on installing it.

In another thread, another poster found that to be a BFD that was ultimately unsuccessful. In my case one of our IP's put it in, turned the key and I got it home and turned the key they other way and returned the lock to one of our MDS loaners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom