• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    yeah. that was weird. you would see one box of ammo on a table for $32 and turn around, right across the isle and another guy had it for $50. never really understood that.

When I went to the last show, I found that there were a good amount of people selling at peak-panic prices and unwilling to compromise, but there was also a high number of people who had pricing at pre-panic levels, just needed to look around.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    The simple answer, people will buy what they see and not concern them self with the price. Why do stores put all the crap at the cash registers, it's to get you to impulse buy, you will pick it up regardless what the price or if you really want or need it. That is why I go to gun shows with a shopping list and the knowledge of what I'm willing to pay "Good Deal Price". I've spent more then I should have on a few items but it was because I want it no matter what the price.

tinydata

Jul 29, 2011
    Potomac
    you can get new factory brass ammo for that online. you can buy it retail around here for $5/box more.

Really? The cheapest brass case, reloadable range ammo I've seen for .308 was 70 cents a round. I've been follow The only online ammo you're talking about was all steel case- MFS mostly.

I've been looking all over the place locally and its at least $1 a round for range ammo.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    Just got back. Best ammo deal I saw was 1000 rds of factory bulk .45 ACP for $335. It comes from an out-of-business manufacturer and is new old stock. I would have bought some if I wasn't full up on .45. I was also a little leary because the vendor said "it has been sitting around in big sealed steel containers for 10 years."

I bought a 3.5-lb. Geissele AR trigger from Precision Firearms. Can't wait to pop it in my Colt and dump the horrible stock, mil-spec trigger.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Pulled in a great haul this show! Can't wait for the next, but here are some deals of worthy note given the climate:

Ruger BX-25 mags: $28
    Ruger BX-1 mags: $24
    Gen 3 PMAG 30 round w/ cover: $15
    Standard Troy folding sights: $185 a set
    Troy Battle Mags: $12
    7.62x51 (.308): $149 per 200 LINKED... INCLUDING 4+1 tracers and a .30 cal can
    .223: $395 per 1000 round PMC sealed case
    5.56: $375 per 1000 bagged surplus

Also picked up a Troy Defense carbine and an LWRC M6A2. They also had a loaded YHM full railed carbine for $1300, and a SCAR 17S for $2799.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    This was my son's first show. He's 14 and he was in awe.
    Was there 4 hours on Sunday 10-2. I needed to allot more time cause we had almost no time to actually talk and ask questions. Lots of primers. There were a few powder brands that I "could" use but nothing that I currently use.
    LOTS of Garands. I saw a bunch for $950 and plenty that were WAY more that.
    There were some things I thought were over priced and plenty that was not. I bought a few things that was the same as online pricing.

Luigi

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2010
    He has a Glock 17 or 19 with a 32 round magazine.

They sell them on cheaper than dirt.

Figure I'd put in my $0.02 since I actually listen to that stuff.

46287d1359388388-little-accesory-everyone-should-have-clip-vs-mag1.jpg

:D

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    He has a Glock 17 or 19 with a 32 round magazine.
    They sell them on cheaper than dirt.
    Figure I'd put in my $0.02 since I actually listen to that stuff.
    i'm willing to bet the song in question is the Notorious BIG's "Gimme The Loot." specific firearm's not clear, but given the time frame and usual references, it could very well be a TEC-9's 32-round magazine.

JosephIV

The Fredericksburg show is good as well, less crowded too

A friend of mine and I went to the last Fredericksburg show. It was OK, but not great. There were fair prices on Magpul 30 rounders with or w/o windows. Powder, primers, and bullets seemed fair but I'm not a reloader. Complete AR's were pricey. Vendors had Bushy Carbons for $850, they're $750 in PA right now. What made it a mess for me was the lack of knowledge on the seller's part concerning out of state sales and their unwillingness to ship to MD FFL after they were shown the laws. One seller had an MD knowledgeable employee who schooled them on the law. They still wouldn't sell a stripped lower to me. We talked to many vendors who wouldn't cash and carry uppers. I found that odd.

I decided that I wanted a complete lower. I found TWO sellers who would do FFL transfer and only one of them had what I really liked (Spike's forged lower) and were willing to deal with my local FFL. After a call to the FFL I was into a billet SWAT lower with Magpul grip and stock for less than the price of the SPIKE's I was interested in. Hated to take money from the pleasant husband and wife sellers at the show, but it's nice to put money into the pocket of a fellow SOMD'er.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Im probably going on Fri but don't think it will be a madhouse. Too late for pistols. And really too late to ship a regulated long gun to MD unless it goes out Fri afternoon next-day air or gets hand delivered (AND a FFL will check it in & do paperwork same day on Mon.) So probably boils down to MD dealers there who can do the paperwork on the spot. If it was THIS weekend I think it would be crazier. But next weekend is just too late for most anything reasonable. I hope no one waited that long anyway.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    I went to the last show on Friday afternoon. It wasn't that bad.

I doubt the MD deadline will have too much effect. I've noticed in the past that less than 10% of the license plates parked at the show are from MD.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Im probably going on Fri but don't think it will be a madhouse. Too late for pistols. And really too late to ship a regulated long gun to MD unless it goes out Fri afternoon next-day air or gets hand delivered (AND a FFL will check it in & do paperwork same day on Mon.) So probably boils down to MD dealers there who can do the paperwork on the spot. If it was THIS weekend I think it would be crazier. But next weekend is just too late for most anything reasonable. I hope no one waited that long anyway.

Which MD dealers usually show up?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Which MD dealers usually show up?

Dont know. At prior shows there has typ been at least one dealer that will do MD transfers for something like $150. Too rich for me, so I've just had it shipped to my favorite FFL in the past.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Dont know. At prior shows there has typ been at least one dealer that will do MD transfers for something like $150. Too rich for me, so I've just had it shipped to my favorite FFL in the past.

Believe it was Gus from Accurate Pawn... he's usually at the front right side near the food court (meaning, to your right as you enter the building). For at least a few of the shows early this year, he had stopped doing transfers at the show because his paperwork backlog was too large. Don't know about this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom