• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If I am going to a place that shall not be mentioned in a bad area that I have to take my child to that does not allow carry per the new law and I need to transfer my firearm from my concealed IWB holster to the vault in my vehicle is that brandishing, open carrying, or otherwise a possible offense? I don’t see how to do this AND not run afoul of the law change. There are police officers who patrol the parking lot. I am glad they are there, but I also don’t want to be in mid disarming and securing my pistol and get arrested. I do have my carry permit.
    That's, more than likely, going to be up to the officer's discretion. Me personally, I wouldn't sweat it. I'm going to make sure there is no one nearby to witness the transfer.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm thinking no as well on the car/domicile because Maryland. I'm still not clear on the whole shooting a car-jacker question. A car being property, we aren't allowed to protect it by deadly force. For every answer, five more questions arise, it seems.
    Of course if you're being carjacked at gun point you would reasonably be in fear for your life so deadly force would be justified.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They threatened me for my keys, I was in fear for my life officer.
    In any event, I need to drill into my head, I WANT TO TALK TO MY ATTORNEY. Not explain my motivation to anyone, especially the police.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    He stuck a GUN in my face!
    I thought I was gonna DIE!

I'm too upset to talk now.
    I thought I was gonna DIE!

I'll be happy to make a full statement with my lawyer present, after I get some sleep.

Oh lord, I thought I was gonna die!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    No. Just tell them what they need to know for their own safety and maybe: "I was involved, but I need to speak to my lawyer" nothing more.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Such questions are indicative of just how confusing gun laws can be. They are intentionally written in such a manner to confuse law abiding folks at the very moment they most need to concentrate on remaining alive.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    No. Just tell them what they need to know for their own safety and maybe: "I was involved, but I need to speak to my lawyer" nothing more.
    Dont forget the I am having chest pains, it maybe a heart attack. Now you get some extra time in the ER to get your brain back to normalish and they wont even try to talk to you when your under medical care.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Dont forget the I am having chest pains, it maybe a heart attack. Now you get some extra time in the ER to get your brain back to normalish and they wont even try to talk to you when your under medical care.
    You don't have to tell them why, just tell them you need to be taken to the ER.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    You are highly stressed. It is entirely reasonable to get a good night's sleep before you make a statement with your lawyer present. You can't be compelled to make a statement in any case.

It can't hurt to be seen to be upset, and to express your fear that you might be killed. Officers on the scene will presumably be asked about your demeanor and anything you said. A fervent, "I thought I was gonna die!" before you STFU will be good to get on record.

This is what Pat Goodale recommends, and it seems reasonable to me.

Cold hearted stoicism won't help, and I think the fake heart attack gimmick is something criminals do.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    EMS is gonna wanna know why. Don’t tell them

"Stressful Situiation " . Accurately report the symptoms of massive adrenaline dump , and subsequent crash . it's not a scam .

In addition to any injuries from a confrontation , the biochemical shock to your. System legitimately needs checking to not stroke out , or cardiac .

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Any significant trauma/stress can put you into shock, which can have serious health consequences. Be evaluated by professionals.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Request an opinion letter?
    Or was that to ATF , I remember this was a thing a while back, maybe in regards to the pistol brace or something '13 related. We had to tell people to stop giving them ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom