• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Except my question was not based on the tactical superiority of CC. Only if MD now prohibited OC in your vehicle based on SB1
    This is brilliant. In order to comply with Montgomery County's unconstitutional law, you must violate state law during the moments you transition your firearm from being concealed carry to stored in your car.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I don’t disagree

I agree with the definition but is your car an extension of your domicile?

No case law I’m guessing

There is not overall Common Law on that . In those states that do grant ( particular Carry Privledeges ) to automobiles , have do so by Statute .

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I'm thinking no as well on the car/domicile because Maryland. I'm still not clear on the whole shooting a car-jacker question. A car being property, we aren't allowed to protect it by deadly force. For every answer, five more questions arise, it seems.
    I'm not getting out of my car-- they want to get me out of the car I'm assuming they have either a verbal or physical threat that would entice me to get out of the car...or both. Something like "get out of the car or die MFr!" followed or commensurate with physical force being applied to get the car open. At that point they win instant karma..."I was in fear of my life officer...". MD law can't force me to leave a place of relative safety to put my life or physical well being in yet even more immediate danger-- fug 'em.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm not getting out of my car-- they want to get me out of the car I'm assuming they have either a verbal or physical threat that would entice me to get out of the car...or both. Something like "get out of the car or die MFr!" followed or commensurate with physical force being applied to get the car open. At that point they win instant karma..."I was in fear of my life officer...". MD law can't force me to leave a place of relative safety to put my life or physical well being in yet even more immediate danger fug 'em.
    What if you haven't gotten into your car yet? Say they caught you as you got to your car, then what?

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    What if you haven't gotten into your car yet? Say they caught you as you got to your car, then what?
    If there is any chance I can get the drop on them--- I like Blasters tactic of either dropping fake money (or perhaps decoy keys?) then yep--OK corral time. Again-- there undoubtably will be a verbal/physical demand to sacrifice my property in exchange for my life. There is never a guarantee that if I hand over the property they won't still decide to pop me --jus cuz. If I don't think I can get a tactical advantage-- then yeah they're gonna get the car while I maintain a close eye on the trigger fingers. I'm not shooting as they're trying to get away---insurance will pay.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If there is any chance I can get the drop on them--- I like Blasters tactic of either dropping fake money (or perhaps decoy keys?) then yep--OK corral time. Again-- there undoubtably will be a verbal/physical demand to sacrifice my property in exchange for my life. There is never a guarantee that if I hand over the property they won't still decide to pop me --jus cuz. If I don't think I can get a tactical advantage-- then yeah they're gonna get the car while I maintain a close eye on the trigger fingers. I'm not shooting as they're trying to get away---insurance will pay.
    Copy that.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Copy that.
    I will say--- that's all rather easy to contemplate and think through behind the relative safety of my computer keyboard at home. In reality, I'm just as likely to sh*t myself-- but that's what training is for, so I'm told (and I do believe it).

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I will say--- that's all rather easy to contemplate and think through behind the relative safety of my computer keyboard at home. In reality, I'm just as likely to sh*t myself-- but that's what training is for, so I'm told (and I do believe it).
    Take it from a guy whose had a handgun pressed to his neck, you're only thinking of one thing...

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    If I am going to a place that shall not be mentioned in a bad area that I have to take my child to that does not allow carry per the new law and I need to transfer my firearm from my concealed IWB holster to the vault in my vehicle is that brandishing, open carrying, or otherwise a possible offense? I don’t see how to do this AND not run afoul of the law change. There are police officers who patrol the parking lot. I am glad they are there, but I also don’t want to be in mid disarming and securing my pistol and get arrested. I do have my carry permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom