• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimd27

Nov 12, 2011
    So, after sulking for awhile about my cz82 and m44 orders being cancelled due to being out of stock, I noticed that Robertsons Trading post has a couple open listings for Type 56s on GunsAmerica. Now I'm $329+$10 shipping poorer and excited to add a second sks to my collection. :)

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Just got a SKS from Robertsons Trading Post. Good metal with lots of bluing left. Even has some original finish in the stock.

The packing was not so good, however. A little newspaper bunched up at either end of the box didn't keep it from bouncing around during shipping. I arrived with a hole punched through the box.

Anyway, , I'm pleased with how it cleaned up.
    sksf.jpg

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    7-digit serial number, starting with a "2"?

Yes. 1958 happens to be my birth year. This was a birthday present that I gave myself so somehow it seems appropriate.

How much difference is there between a '58 and the earlier production?

jimd27

Nov 12, 2011
    USPS delivery today from Robertsons.

Its a 1956 with matching numbers including the stock. Stock is in good shape with the usual amount of dings an scrapes. Metal is in good condition with a decent amount of bluing remaining. Robertsons was awesome to deal with!

Attachments

• image-4050142132.jpg
      image-4050142132.jpg
      53.1 KB · Views: 150
    • image-2537061437.jpg
      image-2537061437.jpg
      62.7 KB · Views: 147

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So, after sulking for awhile about my cz82 and m44 orders being cancelled due to being out of stock, I noticed that Robertsons Trading post has a couple open listings for Type 56s on GunsAmerica. Now I'm $329+$10 shipping poorer and excited to add a second sks to my collection. :)

Last time I looked, Robertson's had a bunch of CZ82s on Gunsamerica. They mostly looked like they'd been rode hard and put away wet, which is why I spent extra to pick one up from Classic.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    GI are now sold out, all that's left is poor incompletes, I won't touch those. They will be rustbuckets. Yayyyy I got one of last orders of the "good" ones!

dpd3672

Aug 5, 2010
    I finally got mine all de-cosmolined, working on the stocks now. One was a beech replacement stock that looks like the inletting was done with a steak knife, the other was too beat up to save. The other 4 all look to be original and in decent shape, serial numbered to the guns. Other than the stocks, all 6 guns look to have matching serial numbers on all the marked parts.

I've got an order in for a couple of the red fiberglass "jungle stocks" to replace the two I won't be using, and a safety spring to replace the one that's missing. Add about $65 to the total cost and they're all complete (well, other than one cleaning rod, but I figure I'll find one at a gun show sooner or later).

2 of the guns are in fantastic shape, with great bluing and no rust. 2 are in pretty good shape, with a bit of rust under the wood line. 2 are a bit uglier, with rust pitting above and below the wood line, although I think I got it all stopped. Bores are perfect in all of them.

I'll get some "after" pictures up once the stocks are done (I cleaned the hell out of them, steamed and lightly sanded, stained and am finishing with Boiled Linseed Oil...I know it's not an authentic finish, but it looks good and I've got a lot of it on hand).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom