• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    EEEEK! :sad20:

Yes, you heard me right. Good condition SKS's are now sold out at Century. They may have fair or poor ones, but the good ones are all gone as per my contact there...

IDK what main vendors have any left, but if you want one you better order NOW or your gonna miss the boat on these. I highly reccomend getting one. They are great shooters!

BollingerGun

Jan 11, 2011
    We have 1 ... in really good condition. It came in on consignment and when it's gone...we too will have none :)

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    We have 1 ... in really good condition. It came in on consignment and when it's gone...we too will have none :)

Alright let me get this straight. You have 1 and when it's sold you will have zero or am I misunderstanding you because it appears my calculations are WAYYYY off. Or did I not carry the 4?

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Atlantic is the only one left with them in stock i think. Everyone else is out.

I kept saying that these would not last long. Some laughed when I bought in bulk (ok, well no one laughed, but I am trying to prove a point), now who is laughing! :D

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Atlantic is the only one left with them in stock i think. Everyone else is out.

I kept saying that these would not last long. Some laughed when I bought in bulk (ok, well no one laughed, but I am trying to prove a point), now who is laughing! :D

Not me. I'm not laughing, but do have a smirk. And ... BINGO! Asking $400 each already! http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323083853

And worse ... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323957691

WTF??! http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323851165

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Ordered 1 from Classic Arms around Dec.1st. Didn't hear anything about shipping info after 2 weeks so called and was told that the order was "lost" and they were out of stock. So ordered one from Wideners on the 20th and after checking them again tonight, they were still showing "in stock" (http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100001072&dir=700|701|1029) as of tonight. Unknown of the stock status is accurate but worth a try. Good Luck.

Ordered 1 from Classic Arms around Dec.1st. Didn't hear anything about shipping info after 2 weeks so called and was told that the order was "lost" and they were out of stock. So ordered one from Wideners on the 20th and after checking them again tonight, they were still showing "in stock" (http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100001072&dir=700|701|1029) as of tonight. Unknown of the stock status is accurate but worth a try. Good Luck.

I just ordered one from Wideners. They are listed "in stock" and they accepted my order. There is a shipping delay caveat on their website.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter

My cheap gunsmith special Yugo with cracked stock that was advertised about a year ago by Classic was also "lost". Conspiracy???

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    The only good news I've seen about this stuff lately is that the brass-case, boxer-primed, Prvi 7.62x39 ammo that I ordered a couple of weeks ago (just before it all went crazy) actually shipped yesterday. I wish I'd gotten twice as much, but at least I'll have another several hundred reloadable cases when the surplus stuff is all gone. (I also ordered a bullet mold and dies at the same time.)

peafarmer

Dec 23, 2011
    Annapolis
    So, should I pull the trigger on a Yugo SKS? SOG has two listings, both for around $290:

First listing:
    These rifles are in good to very good condition and feature 20 1/2” barrel, underfolding blade bayonet, short stroke gas piston, milled parts and wood stock. Overall length is 40’ and weight is 8lbs 8oz. These are the early Yugo model SKS rifles that were replaced by the M59/66 rifle in 1966.

Second listing:
    These rifles were manufactured over 50 years ago. Good to very good condition. These SKS rifles have a 23” barrel
    with grenade launcher attachment, and come with folding bayonet.

...or just wait until there are more Chinese ones available. I talked to Century this morning, and he did not know if he would be getting any more, but, thinking glass half full, why would there not be more in the future?

peckman28

Aug 27, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I like my Yugo. I paid $275 for it at a gun show and it was practically unissued. If you just want a shooter (and you're not going to put corrosive ammo through it) the Yugo is great at the right price. If you plan to shoot corrosive surplus you may want the chrome-lined barrel of a different country, though it isn't the end of the world without it.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    So, should I pull the trigger on a Yugo SKS? SOG has two listings, both for around $290:

First listing:
    These rifles are in good to very good condition and feature 20 1/2” barrel, underfolding blade bayonet, short stroke gas piston, milled parts and wood stock. Overall length is 40’ and weight is 8lbs 8oz. These are the early Yugo model SKS rifles that were replaced by the M59/66 rifle in 1966.

Second listing:
    These rifles were manufactured over 50 years ago. Good to very good condition. These SKS rifles have a 23” barrel
    with grenade launcher attachment, and come with folding bayonet.

...or just wait until there are more Chinese ones available. I talked to Century this morning, and he did not know if he would be getting any more, but, thinking glass half full, why would there not be more in the future?

Most collectible in that list will be the Be the yugo m59 in th first listing

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I like my Yugo. I paid $275 for it at a gun show and it was practically unissued. If you just want a shooter (and you're not going to put corrosive ammo through it) the Yugo is great at the right price. If you plan to shoot corrosive surplus you may want the chrome-lined barrel of a different country, though it isn't the end of the world without it.

I shoot corrosive all the time in many rifles. First thing I Do when I get home is windex with ammonia down the barrel and let it run into trash can. Then dry patch. Then start cleaning normally and use a good lubricant like eezox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom